Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser  (Read 10678 times)
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2012, 10:25:55 PM »

I wonder where Mormons as a group would fit on such an axis. My gut tells me they'd be even closer to the lower right-hand corner then America is.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

It's hard to understand other races and cultures though. Each of us speaks and uses slang of our own ethnicity. For example, I get my hair cut by the black panthers and every time I go, I leave having learned a new set of ibonics. At first I didn't know what kind of place it was but it was by my apartment and I realized it when I walked in. Once they got used to the texture of my hair, I was getting the best haircuts I've ever gotten. It doesn't make sense to me and seems kind of funny but I'm sure they'd feel that way too if they came to my town and got their hair cut by a barber on Main St. It is natural for humans to feel safer and more secure if they do things within their own race, town, country, family, friends, economic class. This is a very big discussion that shouldn't really be taken lightly.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »

It's hard to understand other races and cultures though. Each of us speaks and uses slang of our own ethnicity. For example, I get my hair cut by the black panthers and every time I go, I leave having learned a new set of ibonics. At first I didn't know what kind of place it was but it was by my apartment and I realized it when I walked in. Once they got used to the texture of my hair, I was getting the best haircuts I've ever gotten. It doesn't make sense to me and seems kind of funny but I'm sure they'd feel that way too if they came to my town and got their hair cut by a barber on Main St. It is natural for humans to feel safer and more secure if they do things within their own race, town, country, family, friends, economic class. This is a very big discussion that shouldn't really be taken lightly.

What? What? Ibonics? They taught you Ibo? Can you be our forum's black person?
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2012, 01:15:18 AM »

What? Lol they just speak it and I pick it up. They say things like "dat bitch be chirpin like a pigeon on da roof." Another one of my favorites is " Weez just rappin for a halla minute." I'm not black though and don't think I can keep up wieht their ways.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »

What? Lol they just speak it and I pick it up. They say things like "dat bitch be chirpin like a pigeon on da roof." Another one of my favorites is " Weez just rappin for a halla minute." I'm not black though and don't think I can keep up wieht their ways.

The "black panthers" have a barber shop?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 11:38:19 AM by Gaius Antonius Messala »

Oddly enough your writing is not the most painful thing on this page...

Incidentally, if you are capable of adopting such a ludicrous affected style, then you are also capable of learning how to write properly...

That's "ludicrous affected style" to you? Goodness gracious. Excuse me.

dawg, u call that talkin white? dafuq r u smokin booiiii? dont go tellin me how to rite rite. i go talk 2 tweed in da way i wanna talk 2 tweed got that?

but when u have da 4c's rich homebois, da young money, anyway da bois spitting rimes dont get much money. you have mark zukerbuerg and all that kind of s--t. they got all the jobs. they are all the jobs. when life works like that u dont need the homboys, screw hoffa or labor or the congress- they aint what's needed and they become broke mofos. back in the ldic days they wuld be livininthe burbs, in the hood and then in the projects, now they dont got no job and they cant learn no cloud computin or whatever the latest s--t is.

what ya gotta do is keep ldic livin as long as ya can- squeeze da f---n life out of that. ya godda get da factorys, da stil meels, da auto plants back and keep em. da robots will take en later, but keep it while ya can. ya want to get a society where everybody is booghwahsee.  but dats as likely to gonna happen as marxs revolution. thats where my idea comes in. yall are gonna be s--tin ya pants ova it.

yall are free to report dis s--t to the mods, but know that snitchses get stiches. Anyway i hate to carjak a tweed thread gan. peace

Look at this nonsense, just look at it. I feel physically ill. This rubbish is keeping black people black.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »

Czech Republic is almost completely secular...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

This is an incredibly, incredibly, incredibly stupid thread. I cannot emphasis this enough. Stupid. Stupidly, stupidly, stupidly stupid. Skin-crawlingly, embarrassingly, painfully stupid. Ghastly, horrific and unutterably stupid. Awful.

you say this all too often, and not without justification, but it begs the question, why do you hang around here if everything is so far below you?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »

you say this all too often, and not without justification, but it begs the question, why do you hang around here if everything is so far below you?

It's nice background to doing other stuff. You?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »

Some of the countries are terribly miscategorized. It is safe to say that the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, and Croatia are part of "Catholic Europe". Communist influence in such countries is dead. Identity of western Germany as "Protestant Europe" is shaky because parts of western and especially southern Germany are strongly Catholic.

The "Asia" category lumps countries as disparate as the Philippines (which is culturally similar more to Latin America -- consider its history -- than any other part of Asia, even to such near-neighbors as China, Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia, and Malaysia) with India (a region in itself) or Turkey. There is no distinction between Islamic and non-Islamic countries.  Morocco and South Africa have little in common. Jordan and Morocco belong together. 

You could argue for, for instance, Japan being practically anywhere on this stupid chart, since there isn't a clear division between 'secular-rational' and 'traditional' in Japanese thought; I could say similar things about the so-called 'survival/self-expression' dichotomy for vast swathes of the Third World.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

It's nice background to doing other stuff. You?

habit and inertia, the defining forces of my life up to this point.  rather than a blip in a sea of defined other things, as you describe, it's more a blip in a great void for me.  it is part of a select group of activities that I do when I have nothing to do, and I try to have as much of said time as is possible, for better or worse.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »

Some of the countries are terribly miscategorized. It is safe to say that the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, and Croatia are part of "Catholic Europe". Communist influence in such countries is dead. Identity of western Germany as "Protestant Europe" is shaky because parts of western and especially southern Germany are strongly Catholic.

The "Asia" category lumps countries as disparate as the Philippines (which is culturally similar more to Latin America -- consider its history -- than any other part of Asia, even to such near-neighbors as China, Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia, and Malaysia) with India (a region in itself) or Turkey. There is no distinction between Islamic and non-Islamic countries.  Morocco and South Africa have little in common. Jordan and Morocco belong together. 

You could argue for, for instance, Japan being practically anywhere on this stupid chart, since there isn't a clear division between 'secular-rational' and 'traditional' in Japanese thought; I could say similar things about the so-called 'survival/self-expression' dichotomy for vast swathes of the Third World.
what about the Third World is distinctive here?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies