Predict the Nov result and explain why (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:17:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Predict the Nov result and explain why (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the Nov result and explain why  (Read 1782 times)
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« on: July 26, 2012, 08:34:16 AM »

Prediction:  Obama loses.

Reason:  The 2010 election; what's changed markedly for the better for Obama since then?

Mitigating Factor:  The GOP is about to nominate the weakest possible opponent for Obama.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

Prediction:  Obama loses.

Reason:  The 2010 election; what's changed markedly for the better for Obama since then?
Osama is dead -- That football's been spiked to death and most Americans are offended by the endzone dance.

Libya was successful -- Was it?  And were we even involved?  Or "following from the front" or whatever it was?  As in Egypt, it's sure not evident that "the good guys won".

SCotUS upheld Obamacare -- I call it "Roberts' Revenge".  Just when Obama thought he would get his base motivated by "the partisan GOP Supreme Court took away your healthcare!", instead the SCotUS decision motivates his opponents by saying "only your vote can end ObamaCare".

Meanwhile, though a few weeks ago I said in another comment thread "it's hard to see how the economic news can get worse for Obama", it has.

Your move.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »

Meanwhile, though a few weeks ago I said in another comment thread "it's hard to see how the economic news can get worse for Obama", it has.

Your move.

No, it hasn't, really.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1.4% growth?  Even the harshest critics of Obamanomics wouldn't've predicted that!

It's hilarious how every single piece of bad economic news is reported by Bloomberg (and the rest of the MSM that can't suppress the info) as "unexpected" -- as though Obamanomics is great and we just can't understand why it's not working!)[/quote]

[/quote]

I could go on, but I think maybe you're starting to get the picture:  I was wrong when I said last month that "things can't get any worse".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies