2012 Early Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:17:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Early Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2012 Early Predictions  (Read 2873 times)
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »

I see no one is responding to Darius' valid synopsis that no body is really paying attention right now and won't until at least after the Olympics and probably not until after Labor Day.

I still can't seem to understand why many on this forum think Obama has this election in the bag.  Late July does not equal Early November.  For instance, Obama has been hitting Romney over Bain Capital and, guess what, despite what the media says, it is NOT WORKING.  Obama has had 1-2% lead for months and has not budged.  American's don't really care what happened 10 years ago, they care about what is happening now.  Obama can still win, but right now, I think Romney has a slight edge.  Romney may be behind slightly, now, but once people start paying attention, the economy is going to be even further front and center and Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on with the economy.

Did you even read his prediction numbers?

Obama at 31% in Lousiana? at 26% in Arkansas? at 34% in Tennessee? LOL

You people are too good...

Again, you didn't address the fact that this is JULY not NOVEMBER...

Even if Obama sodomizes a puppy every day from now until election day, he will get more than 26% of the vote in Arkansas

Do you? really? I'm taking that with a grain of salt but Arkansas will be one of the 5 reddest states come this fall.

Absurdity can be used to make a point...

Yes, I know Arkansas will be very blue (Republican) this fall, but Obama is going to get more than 26% of the vote and I'm willing to bet you a lot of money that he will get more than 30%.

Well that's why we should make many more predictions. We have an eternity of time between now and then. Alot can change.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 11:52:17 PM »

I see no one is responding to Darius' valid synopsis that no body is really paying attention right now and won't until at least after the Olympics and probably not until after Labor Day.

I still can't seem to understand why many on this forum think Obama has this election in the bag.  Late July does not equal Early November.  For instance, Obama has been hitting Romney over Bain Capital and, guess what, despite what the media says, it is NOT WORKING.  Obama has had 1-2% lead for months and has not budged.  American's don't really care what happened 10 years ago, they care about what is happening now.  Obama can still win, but right now, I think Romney has a slight edge.  Romney may be behind slightly, now, but once people start paying attention, the economy is going to be even further front and center and Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on with the economy.

Even if Obama sodomizes a puppy every day from now until election day, he will get more than 26% of the vote in Arkansas

Do you? really? I'm taking that with a grain of salt but Arkansas will be one of the 5 reddest states come this fall.

Yes, I know Arkansas will be very blue (Republican) this fall, but Obama is going to get more than 26% of the vote and I'm willing to bet you a lot of money that he will get more than 30%.

Well that's why we should make many more predictions. We have an eternity of time between now and then. Alot can change.

That's what everyone says...Obama could convert to Mormonism, personally save the world from an asteroid, create 5 million jobs a month and he could win Utah.....yeah anything could happen, but let's try to keep things a little realistic in our "predictions"...
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »

That's what everyone says...Obama could convert to Mormonism, personally save the world from an asteroid, create 5 million jobs a month and he could win Utah.....yeah anything could happen, but let's try to keep things a little realistic in our "predictions"...

Forget converting and saving the world. Let's talk about reality. We're going to have two conventions, 3 debates, and many more campaign stops between now and then. You're acting like Obama has been re-elected already. I'm sure your Democratic colleagues would tell you he better keep campaigning. Let's be realistic.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 11:58:46 PM »

Forget converting and saving the world. Let's talk about reality. We're going to have two conventions, 3 debates, and many more campaign stops between now and then. You're acting like Obama has been re-elected already. I'm sure your Democratic colleagues would tell you he better keep campaigning. Let's be realistic.

That's what I'm trying to do. My example was ABSURD to prove a point: I know you think Obama will only get 20% of the vote in Louisiana and probably 5% in Oklahoma, but that's just as realistic as his winning Utah...not going to happen. So let's keep this realist and stop the obvious trolling.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

That's what I'm trying to do. My example was ABSURD to prove a point: I know you think Obama will only get 20% of the vote in Louisiana and probably 5% in Oklahoma, but that's just as realistic as his winning Utah...not going to happen. So let's keep this realist and stop the obvious trolling.

When did I say those numbers or are you trolling? Let's try to stop the obvious trolling and keep this realistic. I predicted 31% in LA and 25% in OK. It's also July and I'll have a few more predicitions before November. You're acting like the election already happened.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 12:22:55 AM »

guys I had these pissing contest arguments a long time once ago too... they have led me to a cold and dark and four-cornered room.  don't have them, there are larger questions, your fun is at expense of other fun, fun that could provide you answers; Minnesota in 1984 cannot, racking up posts at a record rate cannot...

I am the Father Bonnemort, the 'good death', the living ghost of Atlas Forum.  Do Not Turn Out Like Me
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »

guys I had these pissing contest arguments a long time once ago too... they have led me to a cold and dark and four-cornered room.  don't have them, there are larger questions, your fun is at expense of other fun, fun that could provide you answers; Minnesota in 1984 cannot, racking up posts at a record rate cannot...

I am the Father Bonnemort, the 'good death', the living ghost of Atlas Forum.  Do Not Turn Out Like Me

what?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 07:49:20 AM »

About 73% (not sure) of Arkansans are non-hispanic whites. How will Romney win 74% of the vote with those demographics? 64% would be generous to him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies