Mitt Romney flies to UK, immediately starts insulting the country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:24:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney flies to UK, immediately starts insulting the country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Mitt Romney flies to UK, immediately starts insulting the country  (Read 20465 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »

I'm following this trip with great interest. There should be ample opportunity for equally clueless gaffes in Poland, too. Grin

e: Also, "liberal Piers Morgan". *dies*
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »

This is the country that fell in love with the Obamas on their first official visit, yes? Smiley Was it not Winifield or someone else who said Romney should just sit tight overseas for a few months and come back to America for his electoral victory? I rather agree with that, now. Love it when Romney is proved to be the elitist, clueless, blundering buffoon that he really is.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »

Do you know who Piers Morgan is?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2012, 04:57:14 AM by Mr. Morden »

I'm surprised, I did think he would be able smurf a visit to Europe this bad, while most Europeans don't like Republicans, on paper and how he has been covered in the European media, he come across rather faceless and inoffensive. He really had to go out of his way, to fail this badly, the only saving grace is that he going to visit non-English speaking countries now, and he can hope that as such American media ignore whatever he say there.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »

Yeah, I know exactly who he is.
Fight with Johan Goldberg:  http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/05/cnns-piers-morgan-ambushes-guest-jonah-goldberg-with-cliched-talking-points-but-obama-is-cool/
Interview reveals Morgan's Liberal Bias: http://www.newsmax.com/Limbaugh/Goldberg-Morgan-liberal-bias/2012/05/04/id/438056
Morgan calls Bachmann judgemental: http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2012/03/05/michele-bachmann-calls-cnn-british-liberal-hack-piers-morgan-rude-to-his-face-video/

What makes you so sure of whether he is or isn't a liberal? Lets hear from all the Piers Morgan experts who are laughing or *dying* (dramatic much?) over my comment
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

Dude, you read some terrible websites.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure I'm missing all the fun over at dailykos, dude.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »

Have you been following the Leveson Inquiry at all?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure I'm missing all the fun over at dailykos, dude.

I wouldn't know, bro.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »

What kind of idiot reads Newsmax?
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »

Have you been following the Leveson Inquiry at all?

Yes, I'm aware of the phone hacking scandal, and am aware of Morgan's alleged involvement in it. Am I following it? Not in particular. But what does his listening to Paul McCartney's phone messages have to do with his ideology? Links or anything pointing to Morgan's right-wing bias would be great.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »

True mark of an "idiot." Criticize the source, not the content.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »

I guess being white doesn't make him better after all.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 06:14:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hahaha

And that's from the Telegraph!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »

True mark of an "idiot." Criticize the source, not the content.

Newsmax is an unreliable source. It's a right wing hack site with no credibility. That matters.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »

Lmao.....just damn.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 07:23:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hahaha

And that's from the Telegraph!

And when the Telegraph basically calls you a creep... that's a pretty low-blow.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »

The sad thing is that Romney's not even remotely awkward in person when he can speak without cameras. He was incredibly charming one-on-one when I met him eight years ago.

That said, he's always terrible when it comes to large groups. I think the cameras and reporters get to him.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

OK so it was a silly comment but this so called gaffe is not mentioned on CNN, Yahoo, or MSNBC front pages. You can barely find it on thier politics page. MSNBC actually gives pro-Romney coverage of the issue. This is non-issue, does not fit into a campaign narrative, and will be over tomorrow. Serious non issue. He told the truth but probably should not have. The British papers love it but no one gives a care on this side of the atlantic.

I am glad this is trending in the UK among at the guardian, while "you didn't build that" is still tending EVERY DAY in the US for the last two weeks.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »

Fight with Johan Goldberg:  http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/05/cnns-piers-morgan-ambushes-guest-jonah-goldberg-with-cliched-talking-points-but-obama-is-cool/
Interview reveals Morgan's Liberal Bias: http://www.newsmax.com/Limbaugh/Goldberg-Morgan-liberal-bias/2012/05/04/id/438056
Morgan calls Bachmann judgemental: http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2012/03/05/michele-bachmann-calls-cnn-british-liberal-hack-piers-morgan-rude-to-his-face-video/

What makes you so sure of whether he is or isn't a liberal? Lets hear from all the Piers Morgan experts who are laughing or *dying* (dramatic much?) over my comment

Being the left of Michele Bachmann makes you a liberal now? these are some pretty strong standards in conservative america that people have to aspire too.

oh whatever, he's not liberal. And nor does right/left matter in this case. Romney has trampled over British pride on the eve of their greatest international showcase in a long time.

Or maybe his secret role is to boost other conservative politicians, because Cameron and Johnson are coming out very well in this...
pepper11
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 08:05:50 PM »

Being the left of Michele Bachmann makes you a liberal now? these are some pretty strong standards in conservative america that people have to aspire too.

oh whatever, he's not liberal. And nor does right/left matter in this case. Romney has trampled over British pride on the eve of their greatest international showcase in a long time.

Or maybe his secret role is to boost other conservative politicians, because Cameron and Johnson are coming out very well in this...

No one cares. Romneys relationship with the British media is the last thing on swing voters's minds. This is a joke. No one cared when Obama when overseas 4 years ago.  McCain mocked the crap out of him and we all saw how that turned out.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

No one cares. Romneys relationship with the British media is the last thing on swing voters's minds. This is a joke. No one cared when Obama when overseas 4 years ago.  McCain mocked the crap out of him and we all saw how that turned out.

McCain actually got decent mileage out of the world celebrity ridiculousness. Still, you're right, no one is going to vote based on England's opinion of Mitt Romney.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »

Please don't insult the man by spelling his name incorrectly. As is now quite well known, there is actually an 'o' where you have wrongly typed a 'g' and an 'a'.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »

Quite so. That is why, as you may have noticed, we are all laughing. This is hilarious stuff. It is also further proof that Romney really is the American President from TV drama serials made in countries that aren't America.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

So why is he even in the UK then and meeting the party leaders?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies