Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2015, 10:28:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Somewhat Odd Map
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Somewhat Odd Map  (Read 1917 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »
Ignore

Using the results of the last 4 presidential elections, last 4 Senatorial elections, and last 4 Gubernatorial elections in each state.  Color shading is based off of % of elections won.

Democrats won every statewide elections in Washington, Delaware, and (of course) D.C.  Republicans did this in Utah, Idaho, and Texas.

Funny how we Democrats talk a lot about Texas, but have had literally zero sucess there in the past decade.  Its also interesting to see a lot of states we think of as solidly blue/red, not being that way if we include Senate and Governor elections. 

Reading the 3012 boards dulls one's sense of irony.

Seriously. How many times can we read about the Obamachine 3000 pulling ahead of the Reagantronix QLZ in the race for Mars Mutant Colony's 48 electoral votes? Sheesh!
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »
Ignore

The pattern is actually a lot more neat, than I would have imagined.
WV and Montana being the chief exceptions.

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:54:46 pm »
Ignore

Using the results of the last 4 presidential elections, last 4 Senatorial elections, and last 4 Gubernatorial elections in each state.  Color shading is based off of % of elections won.

Democrats won every statewide elections in Washington, Delaware, and (of course) D.C.  Republicans did this in Utah, Idaho, and Texas.

Funny how we Democrats talk a lot about Texas, but have had literally zero sucess there in the past decade.  Its also interesting to see a lot of states we think of as solidly blue/red, not being that way if we include Senate and Governor elections. 
Very true.  It's why I would argue that there's really no such thing as a solidly red or blue state.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

https://www.change.org/p/lucky-brand-leonard-green-amp-partners-please-bring-back-the-classic-lucky-brand-jeans-styles-and-labels
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »
Ignore

Very true.  It's why I would argue that there's really no such thing as a solidly red or blue state.

When it comes to grubantorial races, absolutely. That's why I wouldn't advise including just races to measure a state's partisanship, fwiw.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
hopper
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 05:38:20 pm »
Ignore

I like Arkansas in the white color. Its totally in the political center! That may change a little over the next 4 years though!
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 07:21:45 pm »
Ignore

When it comes to grubantorial races, absolutely. That's why I wouldn't advise including just races to measure a state's partisanship, fwiw.
I sure don't because the evidence I've seen suggests that you can't.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

https://www.change.org/p/lucky-brand-leonard-green-amp-partners-please-bring-back-the-classic-lucky-brand-jeans-styles-and-labels
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 01:46:48 pm »
Ignore

what do the 30% shades represent?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »
Ignore

what do the 30% shades represent?
7/5 states.   Each state has 12 races included total, so 7/5 is the closest they can be without a tie. The exception is states like Maine, where independents have been elected.  The D/R ration is still close to 7/5 though, so thats what I used.

Reading the 3012 boards dulls one's sense of irony.

Seriously. How many times can we read about the Obamachine 3000 pulling ahead of the Reagantronix QLZ in the race for Mars Mutant Colony's 48 electoral votes? Sheesh!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout