Press Conference from the snowy winterland of Maryland!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:58:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Press Conference from the snowy winterland of Maryland!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Press Conference from the snowy winterland of Maryland!  (Read 708 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

Dear Citizens of District 4, citizens of the south and Atlasians,

I am here today to announce my candidacy for president of the Atlas forum! Since my beginnings as senator from District 4 I have seen many changes come to forum politics. I have also seen many citizens come and go. Now is a time of change in Atlasian politics. The need for a constitutional convention has drawn near. I strongly stand beside the belief in revising and modernizing our great constitution. As your president I promise I will promote and support the constitution and plead other citizens to help change it. I would like to ask citizen Jake to be my running mate. That is all for now.

Humbly,

Senator StatesRights

End message
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 02:36:37 PM »

Senator, will you follow custom and not run for Senate while you run for president?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »

* Jake appears on stage at his equally snowy hometown in North East Pennsylvania*

Ever since I came to these forums, I've followed the debate in the Senate closely.  I've come to one conclusion in that time. Senator StatesRights is the loudest and smartest voice for the conservative ideals many of us at the forum hold.  I've also realized something else.  The good Senator looks at things from a different perspective.  Because of this, he thinks of things others don't and he comes up with new and better solutions.  I have no doubt that if he is elected President this February, this record of Common Sense Conservatism and New Ideas will continue.  That is why I am happy to accept his invitation to be on his presidential ticket this day.

Jake
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 02:41:42 PM »

Senator, will you follow custom and not run for Senate while you run for president?

I do not know how you think this is some "custom". I will certainly be running for both offices.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 02:50:44 PM »

I do not know how you think this is some "custom". I will certainly be running for both offices.

Hugh didn't run for both offices simultaneously; When Akno ran for the Vice Presidency, he didn't run for the Senate concurrently. Same with Nation.

The only person who doesn't seem to think its ethically objectionable is you.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 02:52:14 PM »

Hugh didn't run for both offices simultaneously; When Akno ran for the Vice Presidency, he didn't run for the Senate concurrently. Same with Nation.

If he loses, he stays Senator, if he wins they hold a special election the next week and the new Senator is sworn in same as the others.  Nothing wrong with it.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 03:18:29 PM »

If he loses, he stays Senator, if he wins they hold a special election the next week and the new Senator is sworn in same as the others.  Nothing wrong with it.

It is certainly considered bad form to run for two things at once!  If he wasn't up for re-election it would be different.
BobOMac2k2

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 03:26:03 PM »

It certainly will have an effect on how people will see him.

But if he drops out of the senate race now he'll look like he will do anything for popularity, but if he stays in, he'll look stingy.

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 04:25:07 PM »

I will support his choice to run for Senator and President.  There really isn't that much activity on this forum anyway and it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with Senate duties.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 05:17:43 PM »

Good luck States.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »

There really isn't that much activity on this forum

Do you read the fantasy government forum?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies