Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 11:17:13 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  NYT prints ultimate BRTD-baiting article: strip clubs at RNC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NYT prints ultimate BRTD-baiting article: strip clubs at RNC  (Read 474 times)
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 08:20:27 am »
Ignore

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/us/strip-clubs-in-tampa-are-ready-to-cash-in-on-gop-convention.html?_r=1

As Tampa gears up for the Republican National Convention, the biggest party it has ever held, the city and its businesses are primping and polishing for the August arrival of tens of thousands of visitors. Like it or not — mostly not, for city officials — Tampa’s well-known strip clubs have joined the welcome wagon.

Club owners here say they have schmoozed with their counterparts in former host cities, like Denver, and have been told that revenue pours in during conventions, sometimes quadrupling earnings from a Super Bowl week. As for party affiliation, this is one place where the country’s caustic partisan differences fall away, owners say.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:17:47 pm by Mr. Morden »Logged

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:21:52 am »
Ignore

Apparently the Republicans give them more revenue than the Democrats. Interesting...

Alfred is the only acceptable option

Clinton they've discovered our lovechild Sad

WhyteRain
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:38 am »
Ignore

Only an idiot would think that the NYT will run a similar article about Charlotte.
Speaker Dereich
Dereich
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 02:14:07 pm »
Ignore

Only an idiot would think that the NYT will run a similar article about Charlotte.

Its probably taken for granted. It isn't the Democrats who campaign on legislating Christian moral behavior.
AG Simfan
Simfan34
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:44 pm »
Ignore

Any Republican seen frequenting such establishments should immediately be expelled from the party. Sadly parties in the US do not work like that...

True Federalist
Ernest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

Only a idiot would think Charlotte has strip clubs worthy of writing an article about.

Daily Reflections on the Revised Common Lectionary

Bible thumping kept to a minimum unless you go to sleep!
The below comic stars me!
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 09:43:02 pm »
Ignore

As I had to deal with our other city hosting the RNC last year this doesn't surprise me. Some might remember me making a thread about boycotting a certain strip club because of an ad describing it as "RNC Party Headquarters", and remember an ad for an adult store that said "elephants have sex too" which was kind of a cute way to advertise in regards to the RNC yet also not excessively alienate the overwhelmingly liberal readership of the City Pages.

Only a idiot would think Charlotte has strip clubs worthy of writing an article about.

It's got some decent ones per the site I reference on the matter....

But yeah, it's not hypocritical for Democrats to patronize strip clubs.

Famous True Leftists:

Angel of Death
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:47:27 pm »
Ignore

I don't see Ralph Nader being mentioned anywhere in the article.

WARNING: Selling oil in euros has been proven to be hazardous to one's health.
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 12:03:54 am »
Ignore

why wouldn't any semi-major city have strip clubs?  'worth writing an article about' is a fungible standard.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout