Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 10:15:13 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games
| | |-+  Survivor (Moderator: big bad fab)
| | | |-+  Doctor Who episodes, R. T. Davies period (2005-2010) survivor - Phase I Round 20
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who episodes, R. T. Davies period (2005-2010) survivor - Phase I Round 20  (Read 9177 times)
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »
Ignore

Planet of the Dead.

London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2012, 04:18:33 am »
Ignore

The Long Game.

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2012, 02:30:35 pm »
Ignore

Partners in Crime
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:07 pm »
Ignore

The Long Game.

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2012, 10:46:02 am »
Ignore

The shakespeare code
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »
Ignore

Partners in Crime

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2012, 04:06:34 pm »
Ignore

What have you monsters done ! It was such a beautiful episode... Cry

Now, back to sanity. Partners in Crime.
I agree.  Great episode.

Also, Partners in Crime.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2012, 02:44:08 am »
Ignore

The Long Game

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2012, 07:36:29 pm »
Ignore

Sorry guys, I don't have time to update this and probably won't have for the next week as well. I'm really busy settling in, attending all I need to attend and doing everything I need to do.

I hope to resume this as soon as possible.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
politicallefty
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -9.57

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2013, 05:50:26 am »
Ignore

Is this ever going to be revived?

If so, I'd be happy to take the tiebreaker role in eliminating Partners in Crime (mostly to save The Long Game, which I think is quite underrated).

No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. - Nelson Mandela
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2013, 09:14:44 am »
Ignore

You're right, time has come to revive it! Smiley

Give me a half-day or so to find all the necessary stuff to close the round.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:21:08 am by Formerly Californian Tony »Logged

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2013, 04:18:20 am »
Ignore

Partners in Crime : 5
The Long Game : 4
Planet of the Ood : 1
Planet of the Dead : 1
The Shakespeare code : 1

Eliminated :
Series 4 - Episode 1

Aired 5 April 2008

Donna: How far away is that?
Wilf: Oh, its about 26 million miles. But we'll get there one day. In a hundred years time we'll be striding out amongst the stars. Jiggling about with all them aliens. Just you wait.
Donna: You really believe in all that stuff, don't you?
Wilf: It's all over the place these days. If I wait here long enough...
Donna: I don't suppose you've seen a little blue box?
Wilf: Is that slang for something?
Donna: No, I mean it. If you ever see a little blue box flying up there in the sky, you shout for me, Gramps. Oh, you just shout.
Wilf: You know, I don't understand half the things you say these days.
Donna: Nor me.
Wilf: No, fair dos. You've had a funny old time of it lately. There was poor old what's his name, Lance, bless him... and that barmy old Christmas. I wish you would tell us what really happened.
Donna: I know. It's just... the things I've seen. Sometimes I think I'm going mad. I mean even tonight I was in a... doesn't matter.
Wilf: Well you're not yourself, I'll give you that. You just... you seem to be drifting, sweetheart.
Donna: I'm not drifting. I'm waiting.
Wilf: What for?
Donna: The right man.
Wilf: Oh,ho,ho same old story. A man! Haha.
Donna: Ha ha, no, I don't mean like that. But, he's real. I've seen him. I've met him, just once. And then... I let him fly away.
Wilf: Well there you are, go and find him!
Donna: I've tried. He's nowhere.
Wilf: Oi, not like you to give up. You know, remember when you were about six years old, your mother said no holiday this year. So off you toddled, all on your own and you got on a bus to Strathclyde! Hah! We had the police after you and everything! Ha, where's she gone then, where's that girl, hey?
Donna: You're right. Cos he's still out there, somewhere. And I'll find him Gramps, even if I have to wait a hundred years. I'll find him.

Penny: Is anyone gonna tell me what's going on?
Doctor: What, you're a journalist?
Penny: Yes.
Doctor: Well, make it up!

Doctor: Matron Cofelia, listen to me!
Miss Foster: Oh, I don't think so, Doctor. And if I never see you again, it will be too soon.
Doctor: Oh, why does no one ever listen? I'm trying to help! Just get across to the roof. Can you shift the levitation beam?
Miss Foster: What, so that you can arrest me?
Doctor: Just listen. I saw the Adiposian instructions - they know it's a crime, breeding on Earth. So what's the one thing they want to get rid of? Their accomplice!
Miss Foster: I'm far more than that. I'm nanny to all these children.
[In the meantime, the baby Adipose have all reached the ship, now it's only Miss Foster who is still in the air.]
Doctor: Exactly! Mum and Dad have got the kids now, they don't need the nanny anymore!
[Suddenly, the blue light vanishes. Bewildered, Miss Foster looks down - and she falls with a scream.]

Doctor: The last time, with Martha, like I said it... it got complicated. And that was all my fault. I just want a mate.
Donna: You just want TO MATE???
Doctor: I just want a mate!
Donna: You're not mating with me, sunshine!
Doctor: A mate, I want a mate!
Donna: Well just as well, because I'm not having any of that nonsense. I mean you're just a long streak of... nothing. You know, alien nothing.
Doctor: There we are, then. OK.
Donna: I can come?
Doctor: Yeah. Course you can, yeah. I'd love it.

Wilf: There! Donna! It's... it's the flying blue box! [he looks into the telescope and sees his granddaughter waving from the open TARDIS door] Huh - what?! That's Donna! Yeah, that's Donna. [standing behind Donna, the Doctor is waving too] And that's him! That's him! Hey! That's him! Ha-ha-ha! Go on girl! Go on, get up there! Hey!

Round 17 begins.

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2013, 05:16:52 am »
Ignore

The Shakespeare code
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2013, 05:26:23 am »
Ignore

The Shakespeare code

Every time I see Denmark I just want to punch it in the face...
lolbaddecision
Liberty Republican
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:11 pm »
Ignore

The Long Game
politicallefty
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
Ignore

The Shakespeare Code. Probably the second weakest episode of Series 3.

No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. - Nelson Mandela
patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2013, 09:02:55 pm »
Ignore

The Shakespeare code. Very forgettable. I remember it being an episode and a moor reference with Martha and that is about it.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2013, 03:59:07 am »
Ignore

OK, fine with The Shakespeare Code. Looks like there isn't much suspense, but I hope we'll get a couple more voters. Where are PiT, afleitch and Deadman?

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2013, 06:32:49 am »
Ignore

The Shakespeare Code: 5
The Long Game: 1

Eliminated:
Series 3 - Episode 2

Aired 7 April 2007

Martha: Blimey! Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing?
The Doctor: Yes, and I failed it.

Martha: But are we safe? I mean, can we move around and stuff?
The Doctor: Of course we can. Why do you ask?
Martha: It’s like in the films. You step on a butterfly; you change the future of the human race.
The Doctor: Well, tell you what then, don’t step on any butterflies. What have butterflies ever done to you?
Martha: What if, I dunno, what if I kill my grandfather?
The Doctor: You planning to?
Martha: No.
The Doctor: Well, then.

The Doctor: Genius. He’s a genius - THE genius. The most human Human that’s ever been. Now we’re gonna hear him speak. Always, he chooses the best words.  New, beautiful, brilliant words.
Shakespeare: Shut your big fat mouths!
The Doctor: Oh, well.
Martha: You should never meet your heroes.

Shakespeare: And you, Sir Doctor. How can a man so young have eyes so old?

The Doctor: Come on. We can all have a good flirt later.
Shakespeare: Is that a promise, Doctor?
The Doctor: Oh, 57 academics just punched the air. Now move!

Shakespeare: Doctor, can you stop her?
Doomfinger: No mortal has power over me.
The Doctor: Oh, but there’s a power in words. If I can find the right one — if I can just know you...
Doomfinger: None on Earth has knowledge of us.
The Doctor: Then it’s a good thing I’m here.  Now think, think, think... Humanoid female, uses shapes and words to channel energy... ah, 14! That’s it! 14! The 14 stars of the Rexel planetary configuration! Creature, I name you Carrionite!
[Doomfinger wails and disappears.]

Shakespeare: Close up this den of hateful, dire decay! Decomposition of your witches’ plot! You thieve my brains, consider me your toy. My doting Doctor tells me I am not!
Lilith: No! Words of power!
Shakespeare: Foul Carrionite spectres, cease your show! Between the points... [He looks to the Doctor.]
The Doctor: 7-6-1-3-9-0!
Shakespeare: 7-6-1-3-9-0! And banished like a tinker’s cuss, I say to thee... [Again, looks to the Doctor who is at a loss.]
Martha: Expelliarmus!
The Doctor: Expelliarmus!
Shakespeare: Expelliarmus!
The Doctor: Good old JK!

The Doctor [excited]: Queen Elizabeth I!
Elizabeth I: Doctor!
The Doctor: What?
Elizabeth I: My sworn enemy!
Elizabeth I: Off with his head!
Martha: Never mind "what", just run!  See you, Will!  And thanks!
[Martha and the Doctor run off.]
Elizabeth I: Stop that pernicious Doctor!
[Martha and the Doctor run through the streets to the TARDIS.]
Soldier: Stop in the name of the Queen!
Martha: What have you done to upset her?!
The Doctor: How should I know? Haven’t even met her yet. That’s time travel for you! Still, can’t wait to find out.

Round 18 begins. This is an immunity round: you must vote for an episode you want to protect from elimination during the rest of phase I.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:36:12 am by Formerly Californian Tony »Logged

IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:01 am »
Ignore

I vote to give immunity to Planet Of The Ood.

politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2013, 12:19:05 pm »
Ignore

I vote to give immunity to Planet Of The Ood.

I will second that.

Every time I see Denmark I just want to punch it in the face...
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2013, 02:56:10 pm »
Ignore

I'll go with The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances. One of the absolute greatest. Someone tried to eliminate some rounds ago. I want to believe people here aren't crazy enough to do that, but you never know.

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2013, 04:48:43 pm »
Ignore

The doctor dances.
politicallefty
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2013, 06:47:48 pm »
Ignore

I'll go with The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances. One of the absolute greatest. Someone tried to eliminate some rounds ago. I want to believe people here aren't crazy enough to do that, but you never know.

That won't go anywhere for a long time. It's not my personal favourite from Series 1, but I think it is for a lot of people.

I'll vote to save Planet of the Ood. It's somewhat underrated and much more at risk for elimination.

Speaker Dereich
Dereich
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2013, 11:38:54 pm »
Ignore

I'll vote to immunize The Christmas Invasion. Why? Because Harriet Jones  Cry
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout