Office of Assemblyman Gass3268
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:52:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Assemblyman Gass3268
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Author Topic: Office of Assemblyman Gass3268  (Read 24471 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:45:15 AM »
« edited: August 22, 2016, 07:00:15 PM by Assemblyman Gass3268 »

I just wanted to introduce my self to the people of Atlasia. I am the newest member of the Labor Party and I reside in the great state of Wisconsin. I will use this thread to post my political views and possibly springboard a future run for office.  

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »

Welcome. Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:17:39 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 02:19:21 AM by Gass3268 »

First, here are my Social Views:

Abortion - I am in favor of removing almost all of the restrictions that have been placed on the choice of the woman. As long as the fetus is womb, it is apart of the woman’s body and she has the right to do what she wants with her body. That being said there should be a greater encouragement for adoption and comprehensive sexual education. I would support a constitutional amendment that would guarantee the right for a women to have an abortion.    

LGBT Rights – Personally I don’t believe that any state, region or country should have any say in the business of marriage. That should be the job of the various religious institutions of our great nation. The state, regions and country should instead issue domestic partnerships that allow couples of any sexual orientation to receive the rights that are currently given with marriage license. Knowing that will never happen, I am in support of gay marriage all across the country. I am very happy that anyone regardless of sexual orientation can openly serve their country. Also I am in favor of strong hate crime protections for homosexuals and transgendered people. I would support a constitutional amendment the defines marriage between one person and another person, regardless of sex.      

Sex & Contraception – I am in favor of total privacy for what happens in a person’s bedroom. All sodomy laws should be gone. All insurance companies should be required to provide all forms of health care including contraceptives. If there is a religious issue with providing contraceptives, another insurance company must be provided to give the contraceptive at the coast of the original insurance provider. Lastly we should have compressive sexual education in our schools that incorporates both abstinence and contraceptive education. This would help lower unwanted pregnancies and abortions.        

Prostitution - I would support the legalization of prostitution if done right. Only allowed in certain parts of the city/country space, customers come to them, no brothels or pimps and the women/men would give part of their earnings to create a union that will in charge of protection and betterment of their community. A model example would Amsterdam, Netherlands.    

Guns – This has been an issue that I’ve changed opinion on recently. I now agree that people have the right a constitutional right to own firearms. Yet there isn’t anything in the Constitution that prevents responsible restrictions. I believe in required training sessions and background/citizenship checks in order the purchase a firearm. Bans on certain types of guns, weapons and ammunition are necessary.    

Drugs – Marijuana and other soft drugs (mushrooms, acid, etc) should be legal throughout the land. These drugs should be taxed and regulated. Treatment and rehabilitation for should be the punishment for users instead of incarceration. Also we need to change the criminal definition of a drug dealer.  

Euthanasia – If someone is suffering and has no chance of survival, then I have no problem with a compassionate ending of life. We tend to treat our pets more humanly then we treat each other.

Stem Cell Research – Total support! All versions and techniques should be explored and fully funded by the federal, regional and state governments.  

Alcohol – Should be 18 across the country. If you are old enough to vote and serve in the military, you should be able to legally have a drink. Also we need the abolishment of all of the Blue Laws. There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy beer or liquor on a Sunday.  

Separation of Church And State – No religious inference with the state and no state interference with religion. This includes a ban of teaching of intelligent design in science classes, a ban on prayer in public schools and a ban of religious symbolism in government. Yet at the same time the state should not ban the construction of any religious buildings, religious practices that doesn't shock the conscience or do anything to interfere with a persons private religious life. This means no bans on mosques or burqas like we are seeing in Europe    

Death Penalty - I would support a constitutional amendment that would outlaw the use or corporal punishment. Life in prison without parole is a worst punishment anyway.  
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 02:19:35 AM »

Thanks!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:16 AM »

My views on domestic policy and foreign policy will hopefully come sometime within the next week.

Also if anyone has any questions, just send them my way! =)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »

Welcome Cheesy Glad to have you here Smiley
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »

Welcome to the Republic of Atlasia! I am strongly in step with you on most of the positions you have divulged thus far in this thread and will be almost guaranteed to provide you with a warm endorsement in any race for office in which you may at some point chose to partake. If you can think of any questions to ask about the game or just want to chat, feel free to contact me at any time. Again, it is great to have you here, Gass, and I am sure you will do the Labor Party proud!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »

If you are wanting to put marriage back in the hands of the church, why are you in support of gay marriage? I agree with you on taking it out of government hands but leaving it in church is essentially banning it except by the most doctrinally liberal Christian sects and maybe some Muslim ones too.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia and the Labor Party, Gass!  I look forward to working with you, despite the fact that we are, sadly, in different regions.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia! Cheesy
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »

If you are wanting to put marriage back in the hands of the church, why are you in support of gay marriage? I agree with you on taking it out of government hands but leaving it in church is essentially banning it except by the most doctrinally liberal Christian sects and maybe some Muslim ones too.

Essentially the state would issue a civil union license to any couple regardless of sexual orientation that would give that couple all the rights that state provides to married people. The churches and religious institutions can still perform their particular rites and ceremonies of marriage and determine the rules regarding sexual orientation, but this would have no effect on the function of the state issuing licenses to couples of any sexual orientation.   
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »

Essentially the state would issue a civil union license to any couple regardless of sexual orientation that would give that couple all the rights that state provides to married people. The churches and religious institutions can still perform their particular rites and ceremonies of marriage and determine the rules regarding sexual orientation, but this would have no effect on the function of the state issuing licenses to couples of any sexual orientation.   

I sort of agree with this.

But on the other positions, I can't say I do. Tongue Regardless, welcome to Atlasia.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 11:43:38 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia!  I'm your regional Senator Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »

Here are my Domestic Views:

Taxes – The tax system of Atlasia is way too regressive. We need to implement a more progressive tax system that will allow for our more better off citizens to have the pleasure of giving back to their country while not placing a burden on our lower and middle classes.   

Free Trade – I will support free trade agreements that do not hurt workers. Yet seeing that is essentially impossible with many counties, I would probably only support free trade agreements with countries such as Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and etc.   

Trade – We need to establish trade polices that help reverse the trade imbalance that we are experiencing. I want Atlasia to produce goods that the rest of the world wants and needs.

Unions – The right to unionize is an essential right for all working people. Being apart of a union is the main protection that a worker has in protecting his or her self. I would support a constitutional amendment that guarantees the right to unionize and collectively bargain for wages and benefits. I also support card check as a means to unionize and the ability of workers from any industry, service or governmental agency to create any form of union they see fit without any interference from management. I also support any and all laws that allow union members to strike without the fear of being fired.

Health Care – I support a single payer health care system for Atlasia. I would be in favor of a Canadian style system were the government purchases healthcare services from outside sources in order to provide to the public. Medicare for all! 

Social Security – Must be protected for all future generations. I would be in favor of raising the tax designed to support the program instead of rising the age or lowering the benefits given to our hard working seniors.

Education –Education is the greatest vehicle for class mobility. When it comes to education, students come first and then come teachers. Both groups should be heavily funded. Our teachers deserve higher salaries. Teachers do need to be held accountable, but this should not be done by just standardize testing. Rather a mix of many different factors should be used. The Federal Government should provide for all of the costs of higher-level education. The days of student debt should be over!

Affirmative Action – In our society it is unfortunately necessity that we take race and gender into account when making selections for jobs and schools. This is necessary in order to help our nation move forward. I am not in favor of a quota system, but I am in favor of using race and gender as apart of a persons overall portfolio of qualities that they can provide.

Immigration – We need to streamline and simplify the process of immigrating to Atlasia. There are way to many burdens on those wanting to come to our great country. We need to create a fair system that would allow for undocumented workers currently here in Atlasia to become legal residents and eventually citizens. Also we need to stop the process of deportations for hardworking people whose only crime is trying to provide for their family. Deportations should be reserved for those commit violent crimes.   

Environment – Humanity is directly responsible for the climate change. This is fact! We need to immediately cut back on our emission of fossil fuels. We should approve any and all international treaties relating to restricting greenhouse gasses. Also we need to pass a cap and trade bill that will allow for Atlasia to cut back.     

Energy – Jumping of my views on the environment, I am in favor of a broad compressive clean energy bill that would involve an expansion in money to solar, wind, water, hydrogen, biofuels and other clean methods of energy. I am opposed to any further ocean drilling or drilling in the Alaska Wildlife Preserve. I am hesitant to support any new nuclear power plants, but I’d be willing to go along if it was apart of a broad comprehensive clean energy expansion bill previously mentioned.  I am not willing to compromise on any more dirty energy.

Transportation – We need to continue to move away from highways and cars. I would be in favor of further expansion of high-speed rails, regional transportation authorities and a greater expansion on public transportation in cities.   

Space – I am in support of a vibrant space program. It would be my dream to see the flag Atlasia on Mars in my lifetime.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »

Also I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome I have received. I greatly appreciate it! Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »

As a former two-term president, welcome.

Um, just checking you've made sure how your views fit with existing Atlasian laws.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 02:05:16 AM »

As a former two-term president, welcome.

Um, just checking you've made sure how your views fit with existing Atlasian laws.

Thanks! I've looked into a lot of the existing laws, but obviously some of my views may not totally fit into the existing laws. If it really doesn't make sense then it should just be disregarded.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »

I am declaring my candidacy for the Mideast Assembly as a Labor party member from the great state of Wisconsin!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »

You have my endorsement! Smiley It'd be great to see some new, active voices in the Assembly. You'll get a high preference from me.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »

I really appreciated the way you introduced yourself to Atlasia. We agree on a few things and disagree on many others. Tongue

Either way, good luck with your campaign. You'd be an asset. Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »

Thanks guys!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 04:42:16 AM »

Good luck! Your candidacy, along with ProgressiveRealist's candidacy, also shows why it was a good decision to keep the current rules on the size of the Assembly. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »

Endorsed. Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P