Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 07:17:30 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Tender Branson, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | | |-+  PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3  (Read 1080 times)
pepper11
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2012, 04:37:36 pm »
Ignore

Susquehanna Polling & Research

http://triblive.com/news/2287498-74/percent-obama-voters-romney-economy-poll-lead-lee-state-campaign

46% to 43%.

In June, Obama led by five points, 48% to 43%
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:17:40 am by Tender Branson »Logged

PM Econ: 4.26
PM Soc: -1.22
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »
Ignore

Great news for Mr. Romney.
Clinton1996
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »
Ignore

I said it once, now i'll say it again. Romney is not gonna take Pennsylvania, he shouldn't waste money there.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »
Ignore

Susquehanna is an (R) firm.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »
Ignore

Great news for Mr. Romney.

Great news would be a lead. Good news would be a tie. D+3 in Pennsylvania is about where we would be if the election as a whole were a tie (ie, this poll is not bad news for Romney).

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:18:19 pm »
Ignore

It's interesting that Romney's number doesn't increase in a lot of polls, even when Obama's decreases.

Please seek a 5150 if your candidate loses.
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, no.

MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 07:27:59 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, no.

?? So eloquent.

"...the media helped tip the scales. I didn't think the coverage in 2008 was especially fair..."

- Jake Tapper, Senior White House Correspondent for ABC News

"The media is very susceptible to doing what the Obama campaign wants."

- Mark Halperin, author of 2008's 'Game Change.'
Minnesota Mike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 08:02:10 pm »
Ignore

Follow the money. Romney and the RNC have done no advertising in Pennsylvania and Republican Super Pacs very little. If this is really a 3 point race they would be spending heavily.
pepper11
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »
Ignore

Follow the money. Romney and the RNC have done no advertising in Pennsylvania and Republican Super Pacs very little. If this is really a 3 point race they would be spending heavily.

National Journal advertising figures are wrong.  RNC has been advertising HEAVILY in PA for the last month. I have seen 3 RNC anti-Obama ads over the 3-4 hours I have watched the Olympics. Also, Crossroads went absolutely nuts here in June. Americans for Prosperity and the anti heath care group went on a decent amount a few weeks ago.  And Restore our Future is starting here Monday with ads.  So, if you want to go by the money, PA is close.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:20:15 pm by pepper11 »Logged

HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:09 pm »
Ignore

Pennsylvania's not going to go to Romney, but I can see Romney having some appeal in the Philly 'burbs that McCain didn't.  Combine that with the fact that Obama is not as popular as most Democrats around Pittsburgh and I can see PA getting within 5-6 pts. 

Have you been to Oklahoma?! Roll Eyes To say that Oklahoma is better than NYC and Nantucket should be a criminal offense.

To say I despise Oklahoma would be the world's largest understatement. Even ISIS ranks higher than Oklahoma.
Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 08:53:31 pm »
Ignore

If this is a stupid question, feel free to physically abuse me. Are there any big media markets in NW Pennsylvania? I've gotten several Romney ads watching the Olympics.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:21:22 pm »
Ignore

National Journal advertising figures are wrong.  RNC has been advertising HEAVILY in PA for the last month. I have seen 3 RNC anti-Obama ads over the 3-4 hours I have watched the Olympics. Also, Crossroads went absolutely nuts here in June. Americans for Prosperity and the anti heath care group went on a decent amount a few weeks ago.  And Restore our Future is starting here Monday with ads.  So, if you want to go by the money, PA is close.

I've seen those ads during the olympics too, and I'm in Texas. They're obviously national buys.

Thank you, Mr. President.
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »
Ignore

If this is a stupid question, feel free to physically abuse me. Are there any big media markets in NW Pennsylvania? I've gotten several Romney ads watching the Olympics.

Erie. And yeah, the ads are national. First tv ads I've seen all year.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
pepper11
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:31 pm »
Ignore

Maybe the RNC ads are national, but that would be a pretty big buy as the ads (two versions) have been going in PA all of July. Pretty steady too. Mostly cable news and Sunday shows - until this week with the Olympics - now NBC.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 10:48:58 pm »
Ignore

The gap is narrowing..........

Romney is moving up in this swing state..........
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:50:38 pm by OBAMA = NIXON II »Logged

POWER IN DC
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:31 am »
Ignore

Speaking of TV markets....here's a great site for keeping track of the ad spending in every region of the country. Courtesy of The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/

"...the media helped tip the scales. I didn't think the coverage in 2008 was especially fair..."

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:25 am »
Ignore

I'm curious what media market my CNN channel is in. Because I've been getting Obama's Romney outsourcing ad here in Canada. And some RNC ads. I would've guessed my channel was coming from New York, but I don't really get why Obama would be spending any money there.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 11:58:49 am »
Ignore

As previously stated, they're national. I get my US feeds from either NY or VT and trust me, OFA isn't spending there.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 12:00:45 pm »
Ignore

Erie is the biggest, and it is hemmed in by Cleveland, Youngstown, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and much thinly-populated territory.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:45 pm »
Ignore

Speaking of TV markets....here's a great site for keeping track of the ad spending in every region of the country. Courtesy of The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/

It's obvious where the attention is -- Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida involving swing states... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Michigan may not be a legit swing state, but it does have a contested Republican primary for the US Senate seat.   

Your political compass

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 01:30:01 pm »
Ignore

Generally if you're seeing advertising on a non-basic cable channel (things that aren't Fox, NBC, CBS or ABC), it's a national ad buy. Local ad buys are done of the basic channels.

Thank you, Mr. President.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 02:16:13 pm »
Ignore

It's obvious where the attention is -- ... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Actually that site only measures the spending between the pro-Romney and Pro-Obama groups. The reason there seems to be so much advertising in Massachusetts is because the Boston media market is large and covers a big chunk of Southern New Hampshire, which Obama and Romney are actually competing for. You can guarantee they're not competing for votes in Boston.

pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »
Ignore

It's obvious where the attention is -- ... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Actually that site only measures the spending between the pro-Romney and Pro-Obama groups. The reason there seems to be so much advertising in Massachusetts is because the Boston media market is large and covers a big chunk of Southern New Hampshire, which Obama and Romney are actually competing for. You can guarantee they're not competing for votes in Boston.

More likely well away from Boston -- Elizabeth Warren vs. Scott Brown.

Your political compass

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »
Ignore

As previously stated, they're national. I get my US feeds from either NY or VT and trust me, OFA isn't spending there.

I saw an Obama ad on NBC this evening. I think our feed is from Detroit.

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout