PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3  (Read 3075 times)
pepper11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »
« edited: July 29, 2012, 12:17:40 AM by Tender Branson »

Susquehanna Polling & Research

http://triblive.com/news/2287498-74/percent-obama-voters-romney-economy-poll-lead-lee-state-campaign

46% to 43%.

In June, Obama led by five points, 48% to 43%
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »

Great news for Mr. Romney.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:40:21 PM »

I said it once, now i'll say it again. Romney is not gonna take Pennsylvania, he shouldn't waste money there.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »

Susquehanna is an (R) firm.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »

Great news would be a lead. Good news would be a tie. D+3 in Pennsylvania is about where we would be if the election as a whole were a tie (ie, this poll is not bad news for Romney).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

It's interesting that Romney's number doesn't increase in a lot of polls, even when Obama's decreases.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »

Yeah, no.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

?? So eloquent.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »

Follow the money. Romney and the RNC have done no advertising in Pennsylvania and Republican Super Pacs very little. If this is really a 3 point race they would be spending heavily.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 08:20:15 PM by pepper11 »

Follow the money. Romney and the RNC have done no advertising in Pennsylvania and Republican Super Pacs very little. If this is really a 3 point race they would be spending heavily.

National Journal advertising figures are wrong.  RNC has been advertising HEAVILY in PA for the last month. I have seen 3 RNC anti-Obama ads over the 3-4 hours I have watched the Olympics. Also, Crossroads went absolutely nuts here in June. Americans for Prosperity and the anti heath care group went on a decent amount a few weeks ago.  And Restore our Future is starting here Monday with ads.  So, if you want to go by the money, PA is close.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »

Pennsylvania's not going to go to Romney, but I can see Romney having some appeal in the Philly 'burbs that McCain didn't.  Combine that with the fact that Obama is not as popular as most Democrats around Pittsburgh and I can see PA getting within 5-6 pts. 

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »

If this is a stupid question, feel free to physically abuse me. Are there any big media markets in NW Pennsylvania? I've gotten several Romney ads watching the Olympics.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »

National Journal advertising figures are wrong.  RNC has been advertising HEAVILY in PA for the last month. I have seen 3 RNC anti-Obama ads over the 3-4 hours I have watched the Olympics. Also, Crossroads went absolutely nuts here in June. Americans for Prosperity and the anti heath care group went on a decent amount a few weeks ago.  And Restore our Future is starting here Monday with ads.  So, if you want to go by the money, PA is close.

I've seen those ads during the olympics too, and I'm in Texas. They're obviously national buys.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

If this is a stupid question, feel free to physically abuse me. Are there any big media markets in NW Pennsylvania? I've gotten several Romney ads watching the Olympics.

Erie. And yeah, the ads are national. First tv ads I've seen all year.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

Maybe the RNC ads are national, but that would be a pretty big buy as the ads (two versions) have been going in PA all of July. Pretty steady too. Mostly cable news and Sunday shows - until this week with the Olympics - now NBC.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 10:50:38 PM by OBAMA = NIXON II »

The gap is narrowing..........

Romney is moving up in this swing state..........
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »

Speaking of TV markets....here's a great site for keeping track of the ad spending in every region of the country. Courtesy of The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »

I'm curious what media market my CNN channel is in. Because I've been getting Obama's Romney outsourcing ad here in Canada. And some RNC ads. I would've guessed my channel was coming from New York, but I don't really get why Obama would be spending any money there.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »

As previously stated, they're national. I get my US feeds from either NY or VT and trust me, OFA isn't spending there.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »

Erie is the biggest, and it is hemmed in by Cleveland, Youngstown, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and much thinly-populated territory.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

Speaking of TV markets....here's a great site for keeping track of the ad spending in every region of the country. Courtesy of The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/

It's obvious where the attention is -- Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida involving swing states... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Michigan may not be a legit swing state, but it does have a contested Republican primary for the US Senate seat.   
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »

Generally if you're seeing advertising on a non-basic cable channel (things that aren't Fox, NBC, CBS or ABC), it's a national ad buy. Local ad buys are done of the basic channels.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »

It's obvious where the attention is -- ... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Actually that site only measures the spending between the pro-Romney and Pro-Obama groups. The reason there seems to be so much advertising in Massachusetts is because the Boston media market is large and covers a big chunk of Southern New Hampshire, which Obama and Romney are actually competing for. You can guarantee they're not competing for votes in Boston.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »

It's obvious where the attention is -- ... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Actually that site only measures the spending between the pro-Romney and Pro-Obama groups. The reason there seems to be so much advertising in Massachusetts is because the Boston media market is large and covers a big chunk of Southern New Hampshire, which Obama and Romney are actually competing for. You can guarantee they're not competing for votes in Boston.

More likely well away from Boston -- Elizabeth Warren vs. Scott Brown.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »

As previously stated, they're national. I get my US feeds from either NY or VT and trust me, OFA isn't spending there.

I saw an Obama ad on NBC this evening. I think our feed is from Detroit.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies