any beatles fans here think that
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:15:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  any beatles fans here think that
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: any beatles fans here think that  (Read 747 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »

its a good thing that they broke up when they did around 1969/1970. People always wonder what might have been but had they not, its possible that people would be talking about how they "jumped the shark back in 74 with (insert flop album)" and might have tainted their image.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:55:43 AM »

If we get more good music, legacy concerns are really secondary. Abbey Road is my favorite Beatles album and it was also the last one that they recorded. I think they definitely had more left in the tank when they broke up.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:59:21 AM »

Assuming you mean 1965/66-1969/70 Beatles rather than the pop act of the same name preceding them.
ask_not
donavan_ed
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »

am curious what if  johnspilt ,then they continued with  someone else on guitar.that is not famous.harison mcartney becomes asongwriting team.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 01:12:17 AM by Politico »

I am glad they quit on top. I prefer when artists do that rather than wearing out their welcome *cough* Pink Floyd without Roger Waters *cough*

On a somewhat unrelated note, did you know you will become nearly a year-and-a-half younger after listening to “When I’m Sixty-Four”? It has been proven in a study: http://psy2.ucsd.edu/~dhuber/Simmons_Nelson_Simonsohn_2011.pdf
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »

They all kept collaborating (except for Lennon-McCartney), so I guess We'd have Lennon's harsher sounds, Harrison's polished but dense ones, Ringo's fanfarresque sounds and McCartney's lighter ones, as in real life, but we wouldn't have 'How Do You Sleep?'. Lennon and McCartney would feel It was impossible to keep working toghether anyway.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »

As a Beatles fan myself, I don't know what to make of that.  They had a good run for the time they had, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »

I am glad they quit on top. I prefer when artists do that rather than wearing out their welcome *cough* Pink Floyd without Roger Waters *cough*

Waters replaced crazy Syd and made the band what it is for sure.  Fortunately, David Gilmour is talented and the band went on to create a great, albeit different, album (Division Bell), without him.  Pink Floyd albums are hit or miss, depending on your taste.  The Wall is fantastic, Ummagumma is awful, both with Waters.  I guess my point is, don't knock Division Bell.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »

Waters replaced crazy Syd and made the band what it is for sure.  Fortunately, David Gilmour is talented and the band went on to create a great, albeit different, album (Division Bell), without him.  Pink Floyd albums are hit or miss, depending on your taste.  The Wall is fantastic, Ummagumma is awful, both with Waters.  I guess my point is, don't knock Division Bell.

Ummagumma's fine.  It was experimentation. 

Roger Waters became the lifeblood of that band.  The Division Bell is ok.  Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall are extraordinary. 

The Beatles probably had some left in the tank, but it's cool that they went out on top with such an incredible album like Abbey Road.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »

I certainly do, as most of my favorites came from after the breakup.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies