DNC platform drafting committee unanimously approves marriage equality plank (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:48:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  DNC platform drafting committee unanimously approves marriage equality plank (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DNC platform drafting committee unanimously approves marriage equality plank  (Read 3009 times)
hawkeye59
United States

« on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »

It's a sad day for this once noble party. This wouldn't fly in the Democrat party of my grandma and other New Dealers. It wouldnt fly in the vein of my idealogical ancestry of the Bourben wing of the party led by Grover Cleveland. I'm also sure Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and Andrew Jackson would flip out on the Democrats of today(they'd flip out of a few Republicans too but not on the Paul wing).

GOP: stand your ground regarding traditional marriage. You are on the right side of history and eternity.
Oh, and Jefferson, Jackson, and Cleveland were bastions of moral values
Jefferson: owned slaves
Jackson: started the trail of tears
Cleveland: had an affair which produced a child.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 08:31:22 AM »

Cleveland: had an affair which produced a child.

Not quite.  Cleveland was unmarried and Maria Crofts Halpin was a widow who was involved with several men, of whom Cleveland was the only bachelor and thus the only one in a position to admit anything.
Forgot about that. Never mind. That was okay, but the other two still stand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies