DNC platform drafting committee unanimously approves marriage equality plank (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  DNC platform drafting committee unanimously approves marriage equality plank (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DNC platform drafting committee unanimously approves marriage equality plank  (Read 2999 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:58 PM »

Human society has been moving away and dropping the false and disgusting Bronze age morals and beliefs for the past few centuries.

Considering how the twentieth century turned out, don't you think it might be better to find a better argument than that?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're referring to the carnage of war, correct? Unfortunately, progress has been slow in some areas and better in others. :/

My point is that the Church or deeply religious types have been stalwart defenders of anachronistic beliefs, in the realms of both science and morality.  Religion has been giving up ground more or less for awhile now and the trend is not stopping. Gay rights and gay marriage is simply the next step in the evolution of our civilization's morality.

I'm not sure the history of ideas actually works that way. I think it works kind of differently.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »

And Jefferson regretted owning slaves. Do I recgonize that Jackson blew a golden opprotunity regarding the First Nations? He blew a huge chance on bringing the Indians into a proper alliance. Now I recgonize Cleveland did have the affair but he did right by the child.

You're entirely right about Cleveland, who owned up to it and by all accounts was otherwise upstanding, but Jefferson was a disgusting hypocrite and Jackson...uh, 'blew a golden opportunity' is far from the worst you can say about his interior policies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies