Whig Party Convention, Bird-in-Hand, PA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:22:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party Convention, Bird-in-Hand, PA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party Convention, Bird-in-Hand, PA  (Read 19713 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: July 30, 2012, 07:59:48 PM »

Very good! I'd like to prevent the division and destructive electoral fusion/diffusion that characterized the RPP's later years.

What do you mean? The RPP was pretty monolithic.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2012, 12:41:29 AM by President Napoleon »

So I'm thinking, how do we reconcile what Hagrid has just with our own significant noninterventist view. It seems like proper defense has always taking a back seat to the combined left's desire for massive domestic programs and I believe that has been to our ill.

That is funny. I suppose our desire for massive domestic social programs allowed for the expansion of private health care, tax cuts and a balanced budget (actually a surplus)? I advise you find more effective talking points if you want to be a superpartisan.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 11:33:52 AM by President Napoleon »

I reccommend a bit of an uneasy alliance for this election. The liberals have swamped the race with centrist and socially liberal candidates; you hate Napoleon's army, and we've been marginalized by them. Therefore, I ask that both our parties avoid preferencing Liberal candidates at all.

It can't possibly be that saying f*** you to the voters was the bad idea? No of course not, its my fault.

As for our candidates, NVTownsend is very moderate and BK and Franzl both voted for Clarence over me. It's pretty clear that I don't lead some sort of army. Take your campaign's desperation elsewhere.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »

"Army" of course means voting bloc; you'll surely agree with Bacon on far more than you'll agree with seatown or me.

And the Whigs will agree with Bacon, Franzl, and Townsend on far more than they would agree with you or Seatown.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

I say this as polls seem to show the Liberals winning a God-awful lot of At-Large seats.

The polls show Liberal candidates running well among top five preferences. This is, quite clearly, a meaningless statistic. Most voters' third and fourth preferences won't even make much a difference. It's also not very difficult to see why this is the case. The Liberal slate has a reputation for being serious and reasonable people, and ideologically we fit between the other two large parties, the Labor Party and the Whig Party. It is therefore safe to assume that the polls you are looking at do not necessarily reflect what the actual election results will be.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »

Not that it matters, but I thought the same thing initially as a casual bystander. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies