Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 11:13:20 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 House Election Polls (Moderator: Tender Branson)
| | | |-+  NY-01: Public Opinion Strategies (R): Altschuler beats Bishop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NY-01: Public Opinion Strategies (R): Altschuler beats Bishop  (Read 670 times)
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: 5.74

P P P
View Profile
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »
Ignore

POS has Bishop trailing by 4 in this rematch.

Bishop (D)- 43%
Altschuler (R)- 47%
Other- 4%
Unsure- 6%

This survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted in a single day July 29 and has a 3 percent margin of error with a 95 percent level of confidence.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:55:14 pm »
Ignore

This survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted in a single day July 29 and has a 3 percent margin of error with a 95 percent level of confidence.

Nice. Survey over several days and pick the one day with the best results for the R to release.
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:07:52 am »
Ignore

Junk poll. Bishop by 5+ in November.

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:28 am »
Ignore

Nice. Survey over several days and pick the one day with the best results for the R to release.

POS doesn't play that game. Had the survey had maybe 333 likely voters, maybe the campaign would be doing something suspicious here. But no campaign -- especially a challenger's House campaign -- is going to run a multi-day poll with 2,000 or 3,000 respondents.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:25 am »
Ignore

The poll shows Romney beating Obama 54-40.
Hmmm...

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:13 am »
Ignore

This really does not surprise me. Does the Pub running against Steve Israel in NY-02 have any gravitas?  For some reason, the gurus don't have the NY-02 in play, which has puzzled me. Israel is a hyper partisan, chairman of the House Dem campaign committee, so it is not as if going out of the box he has cross over appeal.

Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 11:08:25 am »
Ignore

The presidential numbers aren't really believable, so that makes the rest of the poll not believable.

Please seek a 5150 if your candidate loses.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 11:11:40 am »
Ignore

The presidential numbers aren't really believable, so that makes the rest of the poll not believable.

Maybe. NY-01 can be a somewhat volatile CD. It has been in the past. And I think it still has a substantial defense industry presence, an industry that is going to be sending 60 day layoff notices to its workers due to the defense budget sequester which is still the law at the moment. That isn't going to help Obama with this cohort of voters, and their relatives, friends and neighbors.

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:32 pm »
Ignore

This really does not surprise me. Does the Pub running against Steve Israel in NY-02 have any gravitas?  For some reason, the gurus don't have the NY-02 in play, which has puzzled me. Israel is a hyper partisan, chairman of the House Dem campaign committee, so it is not as if going out of the box he has cross over appeal.

Isn't NY-02 the district Peter King is running for reelection in? I think Israel is runing in the third now. http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/NY

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 12:13:48 pm »
Ignore

Isn't NY-02 the district Peter King is running for reelection in? I think Israel is runing in the third now. http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/NY

OK, my bad. NY-03 then. In any event, it is not being marked as in play.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 02:23:27 pm »
Ignore

POS doesn't play that game. Had the survey had maybe 333 likely voters, maybe the campaign would be doing something suspicious here. But no campaign -- especially a challenger's House campaign -- is going to run a multi-day poll with 2,000 or 3,000 respondents.

According to the link, Altschuler has paid a lot of money for polling but this is the only one he's released.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 12:02:08 pm »
Ignore

Clout tends to translate into cross over appeal. Though it doesn't always.
These are not the hyperpolarized bits of NY Suburbia, after all.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 12:25:24 pm »
Ignore

According to the link, Altschuler has paid a lot of money for polling but this is the only one he's released.

$16,000 isn't what I'd consider a "lot of money" for polling. It certainly wouldn't buy you enough polling to seriously be able to pick and choose a favorable result to release. That's maybe two serious polls at best, especially when they usually come with hundreds of pages of crosstabs and associated analysis reports.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:27:36 pm by Mr. Moderate »Logged

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
xavier110
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -7.83

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:32 pm »
Ignore

Being originally from this district, I really, really don't believe that Bishop loses after 2010. 2010 was the only chance to dethrone him.

And there is absolutely no way that Romney beats Obama by double digits here. Impossible.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:05:18 pm by xavier110 »Logged
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »
Ignore

$16,000 isn't what I'd consider a "lot of money" for polling.

What about $54,000? $16,000 was the subset for April only.

Stu Rothenberg turned his nose up at Altschuler's POS poll.

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/58_16/Polls-or-Fundamentals-in-New-York-First-District-Race-216656-1.html
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:09:31 pm by brittain33 »Logged
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 08:14:22 pm »
Ignore

$16,000 isn't what I'd consider a "lot of money" for polling.

What about $54,000? $16,000 was the subset for April only.

Stu Rothenberg turned his nose up at Altschuler's POS poll.

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/58_16/Polls-or-Fundamentals-in-New-York-First-District-Race-216656-1.html

Well, they likely didn't run three in the same short time window (waste of money), and it's still statistically meaningful that Altschuler is up in any kind of sample.

There's reason not to trust the numbers. But you can't discount them entirely, because they're not born out of fraud.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout