Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 23996 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »

Harry Reid is one of my favorite politicians.

I guess Mormonism is only an issue when it comes to your least favorite politicians, eh Lief?

Reid isn't in your face about being a part of that Satanic cult...

...but he is a member.  

#sarcasm

Fuzzybigfoot may be a bit tone deaf when it comes to internet talk.  Srry  Sad  lol
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »

It was probably a dream.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:14 PM »

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was running for President and won based on the forum's advice.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »

I guess Mormonism is only an issue when it comes to your least favorite politicians, eh Lief?

Harry Reid isn't running for president.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 12:57:47 AM »

Harry Reid isn't running for president.

Oh, so if he ran for president he would get the same amount of criticism that Romney got for his faith?  Really?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:02 AM »

There is no downside for Reid. He  "repeated" what "someone else" said, and even pointed out that it could be completely false. The people of Nevada won't remember this in 4 years

Precisely!  Every Democrat should be out on the talk shows demanding to see Romney's taxes and implying he's a criminal.

JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »

This campaign is seriously reminding me of 2004. Aside from a president with about 49% approval running against a MA opponent known for "flip flopping." Romney's greatest personal strength is his businesss success, which is becoming his greatest liability. Now rumors are floating, which will probably be stoked with cheap 527 ads. At some point there could be enough doubt that anytime he mentions his experience, there be enough doubt that it negates any positivity.

Romney is way better funded than Kerry though. Then again, Kerry didn't use all of his campaign money.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »

as Harry Reid says, that Romney has not paid taxes for 10 years...can he continue as the GOP nominee?

http://news.yahoo.com/harry-reids-wild-speculation-mitt-romneys-unreleased-tax-215329613--abc-news-politics.html
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

It's not true, and there will be no way of verifying whether or not it is. Romney is the nominee.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »

To be honest it doesn't need to be true, because we will never know as long as Romney keeps his tax records secret.

As long as voters see Romney as an out of touch millionaire it will hurt him, and keeping this topic in the news only continues this.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »

Doesn't Reid have some financial issues himself involving how he made his money?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »

Of course, because the contemporary GOP has no morals.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »

It's not true, and there will be no way of verifying whether or not it is.

Then how do you know it's not true?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

Because if 1) He paid literally "no" taxes, he would be in jail and 2) I have a hard time beleiving he found a way to reduce his tax burden to such a low amount, more or less zero, even with clever mastery of the tax code and all the intricacies within it.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

Because if 1) He paid literally "no" taxes, he would be in jail and 2) I have a hard time believing he found a way to reduce his tax burden to such a low amount, more or less zero, even with clever mastery of the tax code and all the intricacies within it.

Ergo, you don't know
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

Mondale, that's a garbage standard to hold up. I'm not a birther, but I wasn't there to see little Barrie exit his mom's uterus in Hawaii, so I don't know that he's really a natural born citizen.

I don't actually believe he was born in Kenya. So do you really, honestly believe Mitt Romney paid NO TAXES FOR TEN YEARS? Come on.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »

Idk. It is up to Romney to prove him wrong.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »

Politically, sure. But not in terms of actual truth. This is a country where you're innocent until proven guilty.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 03:08:18 PM »

Mondale, that's a garbage standard to hold up. I'm not a birther, but I wasn't there to see little Barrie exit his mom's uterus in Hawaii, so I don't know that he's really a natural born citizen.

I don't actually believe he was born in Kenya. So do you really, honestly believe Mitt Romney paid NO TAXES FOR TEN YEARS? Come on.

Obama has provided his long-form birth certificate.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

But you didn't see him at the moment of his birth.

"Ergo, you don't know."

Anyhow, I'm not getting much into this. I got into a dumb argument yesterday where people knew exactly what I meant but were pressing the point anyway. Bottom line: I understand why liberals are pretending they believe Mitt Romney never paid tax. I also understand (or hope) that many of them aren't naive enough to actually believe it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »

"Ergo, you don't know."

Anyhow, I'm not getting much into this. I got into a dumb argument yesterday where people knew exactly what I meant but were pressing the point anyway. Bottom line: I understand why liberals are pretending they believe Mitt Romney never paid tax. I also understand (or hope) that many of them aren't naive enough to actually believe it.

I'll accept his tax returns as proof he's paid his fair share. He hasn't.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 03:49:57 PM »

Of course, because the contemporary GOP has no morals.

The contemporary Democrats have no morals.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »

"Ergo, you don't know."

You're a little on the slow side aren't you?

The rumour that Obama wasn't born in the US was dismissed with the release of his birth certificates.

The rumour that Romney paid no taxes for 10 can't be dismissed until he releases his tax returns. As long as he's unwilling to release his tax returns he's inviting more of these rumours.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ignoring Reid's absurd assumption that is impossible for millionaires with low (or non-existent, as is the assertion) tax rates to be worth $250 million or less...what ever happened to class? There is plenty to attack Romney on as a candidate with resorting to this sort of childishness. Essentially, Reid is publicly accusing Romney of a crime. Should his accusations prove to be false, Reid is guilty of slander - in which case Romney could score a few easy points should he file a civil suit.

To Romney's credit; In spite of all of his screw ups, he's handled this situation flawlessly. Stone-wall and let the Democrats look desperate. The polls reflect the weak sauce of the game Democratic politicians are playing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »

To Romney's credit; In spite of all of his screw ups, he's handled this situation flawlessly. Stone-wall and let the Democrats look desperate. The polls reflect the weak sauce of the game Democratic politicians are playing.

Describe us your relation with reality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies