Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 07:25:10 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 11425 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 09:37:25 pm »
Ignore

Harry Reid is one of my favorite politicians.

I guess Mormonism is only an issue when it comes to your least favorite politicians, eh Lief?

Reid isn't in your face about being a part of that Satanic cult...

...but he is a member.  

#sarcasm

Fuzzybigfoot may be a bit tone deaf when it comes to internet talk.  Srry  Sad  lol
IDS Emperor Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -6.98

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:23 pm »
Ignore

It was probably a dream.

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:14 pm »
Ignore

It was probably a dream.

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was running for President and won based on the forum's advice.

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. — Khaled Hosseini
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 12:36:08 am »
Ignore

I guess Mormonism is only an issue when it comes to your least favorite politicians, eh Lief?

Harry Reid isn't running for president.

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 12:57:47 am »
Ignore

Harry Reid isn't running for president.

Oh, so if he ran for president he would get the same amount of criticism that Romney got for his faith?  Really?
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:02 am »
Ignore

There is no downside for Reid. He  "repeated" what "someone else" said, and even pointed out that it could be completely false. The people of Nevada won't remember this in 4 years

Precisely!  Every Democrat should be out on the talk shows demanding to see Romney's taxes and implying he's a criminal.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

mokbu
mokbubble

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:05 am »
Ignore

This campaign is seriously reminding me of 2004. Aside from a president with about 49% approval running against a MA opponent known for "flip flopping." Romney's greatest personal strength is his businesss success, which is becoming his greatest liability. Now rumors are floating, which will probably be stoked with cheap 527 ads. At some point there could be enough doubt that anytime he mentions his experience, there be enough doubt that it negates any positivity.

Romney is way better funded than Kerry though. Then again, Kerry didn't use all of his campaign money.
Progressive
jro660
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:25 pm »
Ignore

as Harry Reid says, that Romney has not paid taxes for 10 years...can he continue as the GOP nominee?

http://news.yahoo.com/harry-reids-wild-speculation-mitt-romneys-unreleased-tax-215329613--abc-news-politics.html
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »
Ignore

It's not true, and there will be no way of verifying whether or not it is. Romney is the nominee.

ajc0918
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »
Ignore

To be honest it doesn't need to be true, because we will never know as long as Romney keeps his tax records secret.

As long as voters see Romney as an out of touch millionaire it will hurt him, and keeping this topic in the news only continues this.

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:04 pm »
Ignore

Doesn't Reid have some financial issues himself involving how he made his money?

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:09 pm »
Ignore

as Harry Reid says, that Romney has not paid taxes for 10 years...can he continue as the GOP nominee?

http://news.yahoo.com/harry-reids-wild-speculation-mitt-romneys-unreleased-tax-215329613--abc-news-politics.html

Of course, because the contemporary GOP has no morals.

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
Pope Callixtus IV
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »
Ignore

It's not true, and there will be no way of verifying whether or not it is.

Then how do you know it's not true?
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 02:40:15 pm »
Ignore

Because if 1) He paid literally "no" taxes, he would be in jail and 2) I have a hard time beleiving he found a way to reduce his tax burden to such a low amount, more or less zero, even with clever mastery of the tax code and all the intricacies within it.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:30 pm »
Ignore

Because if 1) He paid literally "no" taxes, he would be in jail and 2) I have a hard time believing he found a way to reduce his tax burden to such a low amount, more or less zero, even with clever mastery of the tax code and all the intricacies within it.

Ergo, you don't know

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 03:00:36 pm »
Ignore

Mondale, that's a garbage standard to hold up. I'm not a birther, but I wasn't there to see little Barrie exit his mom's uterus in Hawaii, so I don't know that he's really a natural born citizen.

I don't actually believe he was born in Kenya. So do you really, honestly believe Mitt Romney paid NO TAXES FOR TEN YEARS? Come on.

NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 03:02:23 pm »
Ignore

Idk. It is up to Romney to prove him wrong.

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »
Ignore

Politically, sure. But not in terms of actual truth. This is a country where you're innocent until proven guilty.

Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 03:08:18 pm »
Ignore

Mondale, that's a garbage standard to hold up. I'm not a birther, but I wasn't there to see little Barrie exit his mom's uterus in Hawaii, so I don't know that he's really a natural born citizen.

I don't actually believe he was born in Kenya. So do you really, honestly believe Mitt Romney paid NO TAXES FOR TEN YEARS? Come on.

Obama has provided his long-form birth certificate.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 03:16:43 pm »
Ignore

But you didn't see him at the moment of his birth.

"Ergo, you don't know."

Anyhow, I'm not getting much into this. I got into a dumb argument yesterday where people knew exactly what I meant but were pressing the point anyway. Bottom line: I understand why liberals are pretending they believe Mitt Romney never paid tax. I also understand (or hope) that many of them aren't naive enough to actually believe it.

Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »
Ignore

"Ergo, you don't know."

Anyhow, I'm not getting much into this. I got into a dumb argument yesterday where people knew exactly what I meant but were pressing the point anyway. Bottom line: I understand why liberals are pretending they believe Mitt Romney never paid tax. I also understand (or hope) that many of them aren't naive enough to actually believe it.

I'll accept his tax returns as proof he's paid his fair share. He hasn't.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 03:49:57 pm »
Ignore

Of course, because the contemporary GOP has no morals.

The contemporary Democrats have no morals.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Iosif
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »
Ignore

"Ergo, you don't know."

You're a little on the slow side aren't you?

The rumour that Obama wasn't born in the US was dismissed with the release of his birth certificates.

The rumour that Romney paid no taxes for 10 can't be dismissed until he releases his tax returns. As long as he's unwilling to release his tax returns he's inviting more of these rumours.

J.J., I wanted to congratulate you on your assignment "A Typical Day In My Life". I think you did a superb job with it. So good that I think I'll share it with everyone else.

stegosaurus
YaBB God
United States

P
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 04:55:28 pm »
Ignore

"You guys have said his wealth is $250 million," Reid went on. "Not a chance in the world. It's a lot more than that. I mean, you do pretty well if you don't pay taxes for 10 years when you're making millions and millions of dollars."

Ignoring Reid's absurd assumption that is impossible for millionaires with low (or non-existent, as is the assertion) tax rates to be worth $250 million or less...what ever happened to class? There is plenty to attack Romney on as a candidate with resorting to this sort of childishness. Essentially, Reid is publicly accusing Romney of a crime. Should his accusations prove to be false, Reid is guilty of slander - in which case Romney could score a few easy points should he file a civil suit.

To Romney's credit; In spite of all of his screw ups, he's handled this situation flawlessly. Stone-wall and let the Democrats look desperate. The polls reflect the weak sauce of the game Democratic politicians are playing.

liberty or death.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »
Ignore

To Romney's credit; In spite of all of his screw ups, he's handled this situation flawlessly. Stone-wall and let the Democrats look desperate. The polls reflect the weak sauce of the game Democratic politicians are playing.

Describe us your relation with reality.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout