Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:14:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 23981 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
« edited: August 05, 2012, 12:08:30 PM by Rafalca »

This is the worst thread on the forum.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2012, 10:49:36 PM »

Once Romney releases his tax returns, Reid will gladly prove these allegations.

There you go again.  Nothing original.

Oh, as soon as Romney releases his tax returns we will see he paid no taxes, or we will see he paid a low tax rate, or we will see he was hiding taxes, or we will see he used Ann Romney's tea spoon collection as a tax write off.

You are the ones accusing Romney.  It is up to you and your friend Reid to prove these allegations.  Romney has no obligation whatsoever to give all the hate mongers any information.  Any information Romney releases would be twisted and turned out of all proportion and out of any sense of reality by the hate mongers. 

Romney has nothing to prove to you or Reid.  You are the ones making these unfounded allegations,  So go ahead, give me proof.  Prove it.  I demand proof.  I'm waiting.  Come on, I'm waiting.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:51 PM »

Oh, as soon as Romney releases his tax returns we will see he paid no taxes, or we will see he paid a low tax rate, or we will see he was hiding taxes, or we will see he used Ann Romney's tea spoon collection as a tax write off.

You are the ones accusing Romney.  It is up to you and your friend Reid to prove these allegations.  Romney has no obligation whatsoever to give all the hate mongers any information.  Any information Romney releases would be twisted and turned out of all proportion and out of any sense of reality by the hate mongers. 

Romney has nothing to prove to you or Reid.  You are the ones making these unfounded allegations,  So go ahead, give me proof.  Prove it.  I demand proof.  I'm waiting.  Come on, I'm waiting.

The proof is in Mitt Romney's tax returns. We would prove it if he'd release them.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »

The proof is in Mitt Romney's tax returns. We would prove it if he'd release them.

Again, you have presented me with no proof of your allegations.  Just more of the same tired old argument that you accusers have been leaning on now for the 10,000th time.

Proof, proof, I want proof, I demand proof, I demand you prove your allegations.  Come on, give me proof, proof, proof.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »

URL says it all.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/harry-reid-fundraises-off-of-charge-that-romney

It's hard to see that this fight has been anything but good for Reid and, by extension, Obama.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13:52 PM »

Proof, proof, I want proof, I demand proof, I demand you prove your allegations.  Come on, give me proof, proof, proof.

Who are you demanding proof of? What will you do if you don't get proof?

Do you not grasp that this is all about PR and messaging and not the actual accusation? Since you are going with the username "OBAMA = NIXON II," you must have a feel for unprovable hyperbole, no?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2012, 11:21:15 PM »

Poor Winfield, driven crazy by how hard Reid is owning Romney on this issue.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »

Ah, still no proof I see.

Just praise for your political hero Reid.

Since none of you have been able to produce one shred of proof, it only stands to reason that you therefore have no proof.

This is the lowest form of scum poltiics in the history of Presidential elections. 

And I thought Nixon was bad.  He pales in comparison to Obama and his mob.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2012, 11:35:15 PM »

We can't produce proof because Romney refuses to release his tax records like his father and every presidential nominee since has done. It's not that difficult to understand bro.

The fact that you continue to insinuate that the Majority Leader of the United States Senate is a liar, though, is disgusting, and I call on you to apologize and retract your incredibly disrespectful comments.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2012, 11:51:29 PM »

Ah, still no proof I see.

Just praise for your political hero Reid.

Since none of you have been able to produce one shred of proof, it only stands to reason that you therefore have no proof.

This is the lowest form of scum poltiics in the history of Presidential elections. 

Nixon was a sneaky liar. A highly effective POTUS, but a liar nonetheless. I don't know where you see Obama as worse than Nixon, so I want proof. Proof, Proof Proof, Proof, Proof. I want proof about this claim. And if you give it to me, I will accept that Obama=Nixon III. Cheney=Nixon II.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2012, 12:13:35 AM »

Ah, trying to change the subject I see from proof on Romney not paying taxes for 10 years to Mr. trash talk Reid.

Very smart tactic.  And I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, because you have no proof about Romney and his taxes.  Therefore, your little ploy is not going to work.  Because this thread is about Reid's accusation that Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

And when you can produce proof that Romney paid no taxes for ten years come back and see me.  We'll talk then.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 12:21:36 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Ah, trying to change the subject I see from proof on Romney not paying taxes for 10 years to Mr. trash talk Reid.

Very smart tactic.  And I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, because you have no proof about Romney and his taxes.  Therefore, your little ploy is not going to work.  Because this thread is about Reid's accusation that Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

And when you can produce proof that Romney paid no taxes for ten years come back and see me.  We'll talk then.

How about Romney release more than 2 years of taxes? Obama and Biden have returns going back to last century.

Now Romney could just be toying with us, but if it's November and there are still no tax returns, I think we can safely assume that there's something pretty damaging in there.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »

Very smart tactic.  And I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, because you have no proof about Romney and his taxes.  Therefore, your little ploy is not going to work.  Because this thread is about Reid's accusation that Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

And when you can produce proof that Romney paid no taxes for ten years come back and see me.  We'll talk then.

How about Romney release more than 2 years of taxes? Obama and Biden have returns going back to last century.

Well, you can certainly present your idea to the Romney campaign and see what they say.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2012, 12:22:39 AM »

Well, you can certainly present your idea to the Romney campaign and see what they say.

I could also present it to a brick wall. Probably about as useful.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2012, 01:12:39 AM »

Winfield, could you please wrap your head around the idea that if Romney doesn't give us his tax returns, we can't prove a goddamn thing. I admit that Reid's claim is probably baseless, but you can't just yell "Where's the proof?" at everything we say about his taxes because he's obviously hiding something!
BigSkyBob

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »

No, not really. First of all, Reid entered national office a man of limited means, paid for 100 semesters of college for his sons, yet, emerged as a multi-millionaire whom lives at the Ritz-Carlton. It's practically political suicide for him to demand Romney completely open his books. Already, Reid has refused to release his tax returns. Second, everyone knows how fundamentally unfair it is to make anonymous charges based allegedly on anonymous sources. He is being reduced to a laughingstock as other folks are making anonymous accusations against him based on "unnamed sources." Third, there are real legal questions in Reid's statement that could result in him being forced to give sworn answers about his "source." Fourth, the hedgefund billionaires whom fund Obama aren't going to be happy with the sinisterization of tax deferral rules such as carried interest.  Warren Buffet is going to die having not payed taxes on the tens of billions of dollars he accumulated in his Berkshire Hathaway position, and, will evade taxes after his death by donating it to "charity."

BigSkyBob

« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2012, 01:33:45 AM »

Winfield, could you please wrap your head around the idea that if Romney doesn't give us his tax returns, we can't prove a goddamn thing. I admit that Reid's claim is probably baseless, but you can't just yell "Where's the proof?" at everything we say about his taxes because he's obviously hiding something!

What you should be able to prove is which ten years you are talking about?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 02:44:38 AM by Politico »

Reid's source is Romney's parents' milkman. The years in question are 1953-1963. That's right: Romney did not pay any taxes during the entirety of the Eisenhower and Kennedy Administrations! It was not until after LBJ's Tax Reduction Act did Romney start paying taxes. WHY DID ROMNEY NOT PAY TAXES FOR TEN YEARS?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »

I F[INKS]ING CAN'T! There are no tax returns with which I can prove it, but there is reason to believe that he has used shady financial tactics in the past, most notably the shady financial tactics displayed in the one year he gave us.

There's obviously a reason he hasn't shown them to us, otherwise he would have.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2012, 02:47:13 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 02:49:51 AM by Politico »

I F[INKS]ING CAN'T! There are no tax returns with which I can prove it, but there is reason to believe that he has used shady financial tactics in the past, most notably the shady financial tactics displayed in the one year he gave us.

There is nothing shady about what Romney did. It's called following the law, and not paying a penny more than you have to in the process. It's called being smart.

Being financially successful and responsible does not equate to being shady.

It is a sad day in America when success is shameful and failure is celebrated...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2012, 03:14:39 AM »

There is nothing shady about what Romney did. It's called following the law, and not paying a penny more than you have to in the process. It's called being smart.

Being financially successful and responsible does not equate to being shady.

It is a sad day in America when success is shameful and failure is celebrated...

The main failure that's being celebrated here is Romney's, to release as much of his tax returns as other presidential candidates do, by such august posters as you.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »

Windfield, an honest question.

Why are you so abrasive and offensive? Why this constant hyperbole, whining, and victimization in which you attack people who disagree with you?

When you come into this forum girded for war, and treat people who disagree with you as morons or villains, you make the forum worse for everyone. People like you and krazen raise the temperature in here and force a response. It degrades the mood of the forum.

Why can't you treat people like you would want to be treated, like a recognizable human?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 09:55:10 AM by Torie »

Oh Brittain33 , chill out a bit. I quite enjoyed the reasonably decorous invective on this thread myself. Granted the ball was not moved anyplace much, but sometimes football plays are fun to watch even if no yardage is gained or lost, just watching the bodies bang into each other. Tongue
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »

Oh Brittain33 , chill out a bit. I quite enjoyed the reasonably decorous invective on this thread myself. Granted the ball was not moved anyplace much, but sometimes football plays are fun to watch even if no yardage is gained or lost, just walking the bodies bang into each other. Tongue

Yeah, I'm out of proportion for this thread, this was the sum of many times reading posts like that and just not understanding where they come from or why they come across that way.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »

It's actually really funny how similar this is to the Birther conspiracy and how much the Dems are denying the comparison. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies