Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:03:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24354 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: August 05, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »

If someone accused Reid of beating his wife without disclosing his source it would seem like a cheap smear.

If someone accused Reid of beating his wife without disclosing his source and also it was standard procedure for senators to take a lie detector test about whether they beat their wife and Reid was the only one to refuse to take the test, even after the accusation, I'd say it's fairly likely that the accusation was true.

Only thing we know for sure is 10 years ago Romney asserted he paid taxes in Massachusetts.  Then it came out that was false.  Now he's asserting he paid "a lot of taxes".

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »

If Reid's clams are false, wouldn't McCain and Schmidt be the two most credible people to strike them down? They saw Romney's tax returns back in 2008 when he was vetted for VP. What are they saying about all this?

McCain has refused to comment.. why doesn't he just come out and say that Reid is lying or has a BS source?

For all we know, McCain is Reid's source.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »

I still think there is likely some truth to this.  If Romney's missing tax returns merely showed Romney paying as little in taxes as the one year he released, he would have played victim and release them.  Why didn't he?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »

Seems Romney has answered the charge regarding the last ten years. The ball is now back in Reid's court. I would behoove Reid to now specify which years, of any, in the last ten years to which he was referring. Then, we could know for certain whom the liar is.

Somehow, I don't think Reid will. Everyone can draw their own conclusions about whom the liar is.

Ball is still in Romney's court.  Romney has a record of lying about his taxes. Just saying he paid taxes while offering zero proof doesn't get him off the hook.  By the standards spelled out by Romney's own father, Obama has disclosed sufficient information about his personal finances, Romney has not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies