Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:23:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24326 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »

Well doesn't this just scream of honesty.

This is no time for the pot to be talking about the kettle...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

Harry Reid is one of my favorite politicians.

I guess Mormonism is only an issue when it comes to your least favorite politicians, eh Lief?

Reid isn't in your face about being a part of that Satanic cult...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »

Harry Reid is one of my favorite politicians.

I guess Mormonism is only an issue when it comes to your least favorite politicians, eh Lief?

Reid isn't in your face about being a part of that Satanic cult...

...but he is a member. 

#sarcasm
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »

Of course, because the contemporary GOP has no morals.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

It's not true, and there will be no way of verifying whether or not it is.

Then how do you know it's not true?

Because if 1) He paid literally "no" taxes, he would be in jail and 2) I have a hard time believing he found a way to reduce his tax burden to such a low amount, more or less zero, even with clever mastery of the tax code and all the intricacies within it.

Ergo, you don't know
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »

Because if 1) He paid literally "no" taxes, he would be in jail and 2) I have a hard time believing he found a way to reduce his tax burden to such a low amount, more or less zero, even with clever mastery of the tax code and all the intricacies within it.

Ergo, you don't know

Do you really want to apply that standard? The oldest line of defense for believing in a flat earth, denying the moon landings occured, or doubting evolution and OMG Climate Change. "If I didn't see it, then it didn't happen." Again, do you really want to use that standard?

You and Hagrid are completely mischaracterizing what I said. I said you don't know whether he paid any taxes because he hasn't released his tax returns. That's a fact. Should I just trust that Romney paid taxes because he says so while he continues to hide his returns. He has something to hide, that much is certain. And don't give me the crap about it being impossible to not pay any taxes. This guys have secret overseas bank accounts for pete's sake!
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »

Ergo, you don't know

Do you really want to apply that standard? The oldest line of defense for believing in a flat earth, denying the moon landings occured, or doubting evolution and OMG Climate Change. "If I didn't see it, then it didn't happen." Again, do you really want to use that standard?

You and Hagrid are completely mischaracterizing what I said. I said you don't know whether he paid any taxes because he hasn't released his tax returns. That's a fact. Should I just trust that Romney paid taxes because he says so while he continues to hide his returns. He has something to hide, that much is certain. And don't give me the crap about it being impossible to not pay any taxes. This guys have secret overseas bank accounts for pete's sake!

If Romney has "secret" bank accounts, that would not appear on his tax return, and Mittens would be guilty of criminal tax evasion if the suggestion is that the income he earned was hidden by virtue of parking that income in a foreign bank account. And just what income would that be that he is hiding?  I mean his income was made from Bain deals, and the Bain fee charged to investors plus presumably some participation in after fee profits to the extent made. The investors paid the fee, and the profits earned and distributed.  Where did that money go?  I mean, if you are going to be a tax criminal, you don't want to leave little gaps like that. That makes you a dumb tax criminal, and dumb criminals of the white collar variety tend to be bagged and incarcerated.

These accounts may not have been "secret", but they were certainly secretive since he hid his money overseas. And I never said he did anything criminal, just something very, very damaging that might cost him the election.

This may also be the problem in the returns, but I guess we'll never know:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/opinion/the-mysteries-of-mitt-romneys-financial-records.html?_r=1
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »

I heard Obama was the worst student in the history of Harvard Law.  He almost never went to class and his professors covered for him for an unknown reason.  This is undeniably true unless BO releases his transcripts and produces some authentic term papers.  He has done so much damage to himself by keeping everything about his past as secret as possible...     

And that's why he became president of the law review...stop being an idiot, you useless troll
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 03:06:16 PM »

Quick question for those who believe in the IRS: If the IRS failed to properly collect taxes from a multi-millionaire for over a decade while bringing the hammer down on countless middle class people for petty sums of money, what does that say about their competence and value to society?

Of course, this is a snarky rhetorical question, because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Romney paid no income taxes for over a decade. It's ludacris for a full-grown man like Harry Reid to be acting like this.

This isn't an argument about the IRS, this is an argument about the serial deception perpetrated by Mitt Romney.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »

Harry Reid is the world's biggest freedom fighter:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79365.html?hp=f2
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »

Now, here is the absolute definitive truth

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-republican-chairman-calls-sen-reid-a-dirty-liar-on-romneys-taxes-20120805,0,3653522.story

“I think he’s lying,” Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.) said on CNN about Reid. “I think he’s created an issue here. I think he’s making things up.”

“I’m not going to respond to a dirty liar,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said during an interview on ABC’s "This Week." The host, George Stephanopoulos gave him a chance to temper his remarks.

“You stand by that — you think Harry Reid is a dirty liar?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“I just said it,” replied Priebus.

Lindsey Graham is a hackish eunuch and Reince Priebus is an idiot. There, I said those things. Does that make them true?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »

Graham and Priebus have spoken more truth than that sleaze hack Reid has.

Such as? Just because you call Reid a sleaze hack doesn't make it true. I could call you a sleaze hack...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »

Lindsey Graham is a hackish eunuch and Reince Priebus is an idiot. There, I said those things. Does that make them true?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Yeah and by calling Reid a liar, you aren't proving your point either. But Reid is winning because he is keeping this story in the news.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There.  You prove my point.  Because Reid says those things about Romney does not make them true either.

Difference is, Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong if he wants.

You have just admitted that there is absolutely nothing wrong or untoward or dishonest with Romney's taxes.

Thank you for finally admitting that.  

Or has he? If there is nothing wrong, why won't Romney show?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »

When someone says

"Mitt can easily prove Reid wrong"

that means that Romney's taxes are honest and that Reid is the liar.

Therefore, since you know that Romney's taxes are honest, and Reid is the liar, you have no need to see his taxes as you have already admitted there is nothing wrong with his taxes. 

Stop playing dumb, he meant that the onus is on Romney to prove that he payed taxes given his questionable tax history. IF he did nothing wrong, then there's nothing to hide...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:09 PM »

I am not arguing that Romney did anything that is illegal or unethical, it is just that his tax activities highlight his ultra-wealth and his working of the system to get himself a better deal.

Do you think this makes middle class Americans like him more?

Oh it may hurt him a tad. But working the system within the law is what America is all about. I don't think most Americans would hold that against him. That is what they would do if they were in his position - almost all of them. And I don't think most are opebo types, who dislike people (at least on a political level) simply because they are rich. They kind of admire rich people, at least those who earned their dough legally.

No one who is really rich made their dough ethically, and probably not legally. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies