Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:19:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24332 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:14 PM »

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was running for President and won based on the forum's advice.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »

It's actually really funny how similar this is to the Birther conspiracy and how much the Dems are denying the comparison. Tongue
There is a fairly obvious difference here -- releasing one's tax returns is standard for a presidential campaign; releasing one's birth certificate isn't.

An even more obvious difference is that Obama released his birth certificate.  Romney stubbornly refuses to release his tax returns.  Given the example set by his own father, I can't for the life of me see why Romney didn't arrange his tax affairs in the past decade to be in a position to do so without having to worry about something politically embarrassing being on there.

By the way, does anyone know offhand if any of the people on Romney's short list has released their own tax returns already and if so, how many years?  It would be embarrassing at this point for the running mate to be more forthcoming on this petty issue that the Mittbot is.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:17:13 PM »

If dirt on Reid exists and is obtainable, I would think it would have come out in the Senate race two years ago.  However since Mitt is unwilling (or unable) to discredit the message, the GOP will have to do its best to discredit the messenger.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »

McCain released two years of returns. Why didn't you all bust an uproar back then? Not one person cared. No one. This is a made up issue  because Obama has nothing to run on.

Romney had be prodded hard in the primaries to release the one year he has released and promise to release his 2011 return when it is finished.  (That the return isn't done yet should be an obvious sign that the tax code needs simplifying, but I digress.)  Also Mitt is vulnerable because of the example of his father George, who released twelve years when he ran for President.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »

How am I doing so far in trying to get Mittens' butt out of the wringer here? Tongue

Better than he is.  He seems content to just let it be wrung.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »

I can't wait until the dossier of 23 years of tax returns (1984-2007), provided to the McCain vetting team, is released

It's odd that if there was nothing politically problematic that they haven't leaked by now since there are so many people who have them.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 07:27:19 PM »

Seems Romney has answered the charge regarding the last ten years. The ball is now back in Reid's court. I would behoove Reid to now specify which years, of any, in the last ten years to which he was referring. Then, we could know for certain whom the liar is.

Somehow, I don't think Reid will. Everyone can draw their own conclusions about whom the liar is.

Ball is still in Romney's court.  Romney has a record of lying about his taxes. Just saying he paid taxes while offering zero proof doesn't get him off the hook.

Nor, does Reid citing an unnamed "source" get him off the hook for lying. My point is that if Reid is telling the truth he has the resource of naming the specific year Romney paid no taxes and lied about it. Reid's failure to step forward and specify which years Romney allegedly paid no tax indicates that Reid in fact is the person lying.

Yeah, because even if Romney releases the dossier, Reid will just turn around and say, "HE DIDN'T PAY TAXES FROM 1973-1983!" And how the hell is Romney going to be able to dig back through his files and find tax returns that are over three decades old?

Reid needs to specify the years or shut the [Inks] up. No wonder so many people do not want to run for president anymore.

He did specify that it was during the period Romney was working for Bain, which even if Mitt had released the twelve years his father had wouldn't be covered.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 08:16:11 PM »

I believe the Mormon Church will excommunicate members involved in cases of libel, which is what Reid has committed.

If it's going to excommunicate politicians for saying untrue things about other people, they'll need to kick Romney out as well.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »

I do not discuss personal matters on public forums.

I have made that clear in the past.

Personal matters, public forums, not a good mix.

For once, something I can agree on with you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies