Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:29:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'  (Read 24364 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 31, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »

Well doesn't this just scream of honesty.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

It's not true, and there will be no way of verifying whether or not it is. Romney is the nominee.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

Mondale, that's a garbage standard to hold up. I'm not a birther, but I wasn't there to see little Barrie exit his mom's uterus in Hawaii, so I don't know that he's really a natural born citizen.

I don't actually believe he was born in Kenya. So do you really, honestly believe Mitt Romney paid NO TAXES FOR TEN YEARS? Come on.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »

Politically, sure. But not in terms of actual truth. This is a country where you're innocent until proven guilty.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

Mondale, that's a garbage standard to hold up. I'm not a birther, but I wasn't there to see little Barrie exit his mom's uterus in Hawaii, so I don't know that he's really a natural born citizen.

I don't actually believe he was born in Kenya. So do you really, honestly believe Mitt Romney paid NO TAXES FOR TEN YEARS? Come on.

Obama has provided his long-form birth certificate.

But you didn't see him at the moment of his birth.

"Ergo, you don't know."

Anyhow, I'm not getting much into this. I got into a dumb argument yesterday where people knew exactly what I meant but were pressing the point anyway. Bottom line: I understand why liberals are pretending they believe Mitt Romney never paid tax. I also understand (or hope) that many of them aren't naive enough to actually believe it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

Obama has provided his long-form birth certificate.

But you didn't see him at the moment of his birth.

"Ergo, you don't know."

Anyhow, I'm not getting much into this. I got into a dumb argument yesterday where people knew exactly what I meant but were pressing the point anyway. Bottom line: I understand why liberals are pretending they believe Mitt Romney never paid tax. I also understand (or hope) that many of them aren't naive enough to actually believe it.

You're a little on the slow side aren't you?

The rumour that Obama wasn't born in the US was dismissed with the release of his birth certificates.

The rumour that Romney paid no taxes for 10 can't be dismissed until he releases his tax returns. As long as he's unwilling to release his tax returns he's inviting more of these rumours.

So you're conceding that questions about Obama's place of birth were legitimate enough to warrant the calls for his birth certificate?

What I'm talking about is Mondale's standard that you've got to "know" for sure. Except you can't know anything for sure, even with official documents, because people will still challenge their veracity. Baseless conspiracies are never put to rest.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »

Liberals are just grasping at any issue that takes voters minds off the economy; and make Romney seem like an evil wall street capitalist shark. 

I'll tell you what is in Romney's tax returns, probably the same stuff that was in the past 2 years!  Since 2008, he has been a private citizen without a full time job.  His income is derived from speeches and investments.  Should he disclose every investment he's made in his lifetime?  Maybe or maybe not. 

He's been involved with a lot of businesses; and some of those takeovers have been controversial.  Liberals are just trying to grab onto anything controversial that would make Romney look bad based on his past investments, and business operations. 

He probably has paid less in Income tax because he hasn't had a full time job since 2002.  Most of his taxes are capital gains.  It might seem lower than the average middle class worker, but that is the nature of the industry he was working in.  Romney retired from full-time work in 2002, so why would he have to pay taxes if he had very limited income tax? 

If his business ethics leave something to be desired, then he does not deserve to be President. Such is even more important than taxes.

Oh, we're talking about politicians deserving to be president, are we?

What a fun activity. If Obama deserves to be re-elected, deciding on the criteria must be like playing a game of Mad Libs.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »

It's actually really funny how similar this is to the Birther conspiracy and how much the Dems are denying the comparison. Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

The difference isn't a deal-breaker though. Both accusations are highly ridiculous. The only difference is, some people actually believe Obama was born in Kenya.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 07:04:26 PM »

Because either way you spin it, if "the rest of us" sees them, "the rest of us" will spend three months bothering Romney about non-issues in his tax returns.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »

I think by now it's pretty clear that we will never find out.

Also, while we're wasting posts talking about nothing:

Osama bid Laden must be alive because Obama never released the photos. The onus is on the president to prove me wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies