Make up a map between you and the preceding poster.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:51:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make up a map between you and the preceding poster.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24
Author Topic: Make up a map between you and the preceding poster.  (Read 52217 times)
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »

To make it a little more exciting, the preceding poster is to win. Nevertheless, the map should be somewhat realistic.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »

I don't know anything about your politics other than that you called yourself a secular conservative. Tongue  Here we go.

solarstorm2012 (Republican) - 292 EVs
Scott (Democratic) - 246 EVs
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »

In the form of a Democratic primary, based on the 2008 schedule:

Former Governor Snowstalker (D-PA), a populist-leaning left-winger, takes the Iowa caucus. However, the more fiscally moderate but social issues-focused Senator Scott (D-CT) wins New Hampshire. After Snow's easy victory in Michigan and Scott's slightly closer win in Nevada, it becomes a clear two-man race. Snowstalker's coalition of blacks and the remaining rural white Democrats wins him South Carolina. Hoping that his minority and poor white coalition can work in Florida (especially being a Cuban-American), he swings south, but Scott's better fundraising and numbers in Central and the non-Cuban areas of South Florida win him the day.

Super Tuesday is probably a win for Scott. Snowstalker sweeps the South and parts of the Midwest and Southwest, but Scott sweeps the Northeast and the key battlegrounds of New York and California.

Showing that he isn't just the out-of-touch blueblood that the Snowstalker campaign tried to pin him as, Scott makes some inroads into rural primaries before March, and seems to have the momentum.

Texas is a big win for Scott, though Snowstalker fights on until June, winning Puerto Rico, but Scott claims a bare majority of delegates in the South Dakota and Montana primaries.
NY Jew

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »

didn't do Percentages

only interested in this thread because I want to see how the next person will deal with this
"the preceding poster is to win"
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »

NYJew - 1 Electoral Vote, 100% of the popular vote.
Snowstalker (deceased) - 0 Electoral Votes, 0% of the popular vote.

Shortly before the election is due to take place, incumbent President BRTD causes a nuclear apocalypse over a diplomatic snafu in which the Chinese premier misquoted some emoviolence lyrics. The entire species was annihilated in the ensuing global thermonuclear Armageddon, except for NYJew, who was in his lead-coated basement putting the finishing touches on a tinfoil yarmulke when the bombs started to fall, and escaped radiation poisoning. He voted and, being the only person in the world, won the election.

While technically winning New York's 29 electoral votes, he could only receive one as no-one else was alive to cast the other 28 Electoral College votes.

This is pretty much the only plausible scenario I could come up with for anyone voting for NYJew.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »

Let's say Oakvale and I are the two main candidates running for the Democratic nomination. Oakvale runs a quasi-libertarian, socially liberal campaign that calls for relatively moderate economic positions while I run a more economically-focused campaign with a social platform that's slightly right of center. Using the 2012 R primaries as a guide (why not?):

I (green) jump out to an early lead on more rural states while Oakvale (red) does better in suburban states. He runs slightly better, though it's close, in the west.

However, Oakvale builds up some momentum going into Super Tuesday thanks to social liberals. Other candidates drop out after MO/CO/MN.

I strike back by winning the South on Super Tuesday, but Oakvale carries on. I keep winning in the South, but the large delegate prizes are still in play.

Oakvale wins a crucial showdown in Illinois, and follows it up with a win in Wisconsin and Maryland. When the northeastern primaries roll around, I manage to win PA, but nothing else.

My campaign fumbles in North Carolina on the strength of the Research Triangle, overriding victories in Indiana and West Virginia. Again I'm dealt a surprise defeat in Nebraska. I narrowly hold on to Texas, but Oakvale decisively sweeps the first contests of June to claim a bare delegate majority on the final day (with a final push by superdelegates aiding him in the process).

NY Jew

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »

NYJew - 1 Electoral Vote, 100% of the popular vote.
Snowstalker (deceased) - 0 Electoral Votes, 0% of the popular vote.

Shortly before the election is due to take place, incumbent President BRTD causes a nuclear apocalypse over a diplomatic snafu in which the Chinese premier misquoted some emoviolence lyrics. The entire species was annihilated in the ensuing global thermonuclear Armageddon, except for NYJew, who was in his lead-coated basement putting the finishing touches on a tinfoil yarmulke when the bombs started to fall, and escaped radiation poisoning. He voted and, being the only person in the world, won the election.

While technically winning New York's 29 electoral votes, he could only receive one as no-one else was alive to cast the other 28 Electoral College votes.

This is pretty much the only plausible scenario I could come up with for anyone voting for NYJew.

just for the record I was asked by a few different people to actually run for office (and not all were Jewish)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »

Me versus Realistic?

Tough one I guess; I would struggle being a gayer but ironically given realistics um...let's just say 'regression' on the issue of gay rights it would give me a bit of a cushion! As does him being centre left to my centre right on economics. Still he would win.

Better chance for me in 2016 Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2012, 05:54:46 PM by Senator Scott »

Basically, voters in most of the Southern states become so disdained at the fact that both afleitch and I are firm supporters of gay marriage that most of them write in candidates that aren't even eligible for the presidency.  As a result, neither of us win the popular votes or electoral votes in those states.  Still, afleitch manages to squeak in 270 electoral votes to win without having the election go to Congress to decide.

Afleitch (Independent) - 270 EVs
Scott (Democratic) - 168 EVs
Unaffiliated - 100 EVs

I lol'd.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2012, 06:35:58 PM by 20RP12 »

Governor 20RP12 (R-PA) declares his candidacy for President and immediately jumps ahead in the polls for the Republican Primary. He is the only Republican candidate viewed as a threat to beat President Scott (D-CT).

(yadda yadda yadda filler filler filler)

President Scott (D-CT) - 316 EVs
Governor 20RP12 (R-PA) - 222 EVs
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »

Governor 20RP12 (R-PA) declares his candidacy for President and immediately jumps ahead in the polls for the Republican Primary. He is the only Republican candidate viewed as a threat to beat President Scott (D-CT).

(yadda yadda yadda filler filler filler)

Governor 20RP12 (R-PA) - 286 EVs
President Scott (D-CT) - 252 EVs

You did it wrong. Tongue
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »

Sh*t -___- I fix!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 06:43:35 PM »

Me: 0
Carl: 0
Third party: 538
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

Kalwejt: 143
Me: 395

Well, Delaware and Alabama are for fun, of course.
By default, GOP's most extreme areas would vote for my Rockefeller-Romney-mix candidacy. And I'd do great among WASP territories despite my GOP membership.
My Louisiana result would be only because of my French name (I hate LA Tongue).
Kal would be able to reverse to the old blue-collar vote of West Virginia.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:46:23 PM »

You're supposed to lose...

Anyway, Sen. Alfred F. Jones manages to subdue those pesky little Democratic opponents with his rather angry populist rhetoric, but more moderate Republican President big bad fab wins the day with a little help from the Christian right.

President big bad fab (R-LA) - 278 EVs
Senator Alfred F. Jones (D-NY) - 260 EVs

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »

Senator Alfred F. Jones (D-NY) - 297 EVs
Governor 20RP12 (R-WV) - 241 EVs
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2012, 11:49:27 AM by Senator Scott »

20RP12 (Republican) - 326 EVs
Scott (Democratic) - 212 EVs
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

Done as Republican primaries because why not? Gov. and incumbent President 20RP12 of Pennsylvania enters the primary season as the favorite to win a nod for his second term, with his libertarian-flavored conservatism allowing him to win over large sections of the Republican base; however, Rep. SJoyceFla of Florida is running a grassroots insurgency and is expected to perform well in caucuses and open contests; he performs better than expected in Iowa, but 20RP12 still wins overwhelmingly. However, in the New Hampshire primary, SJoyceFla manages to pull off an upset by the slimmest of margins. SJoyceFla does not seriously contest the South Carolina primary, where he is soundly trounced, preferring to focus his efforts on his home state of Florida, efforts which pay off with a win. All eyes turn to Nevada, where SJoyceFla manages to win over enough Clark County voters to outweigh 20RP12's, handing him the victory there.

Heading into Super Tuesday, the momentum seems to be in SJoyceFla's favor, although victories in Michigan and Arizona keep 20RP12 from being knocked out of the race entirely. Wins in crucial states such as Colorado, Maine, and Minnesota have encouraged crucial donations to SJoyceFla's campaign, though 20RP12 still holds a large fundraising lead.

Super Tuesday is inconclusive; both candidates win 5 states each. Contests following Super Tuesday include 20RP12 doing better than before, but his win in Puerto Rico is negated by SJoyceFla's wins in Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the US Virgin Islands.

April proves to be a great relief for 20RP12's campaign. After easy wins in Illinois and Missouri, the campaign shifts to the east. Early April sees SJoyceFla picking off DC and Wisconsin, but 20RP12 holds Maryland. Late-April contests are almost entirely in the Northeast, where 20RP12 is a native and a former Governor, and he does quite well, with SJoyceFla managing to win Delaware but nowhere else.

With the race coming down to its final days, both candidates go all in with ad buys in key states. Texas is exceptionally close, but after several days of counts and recounts, it is determined that 20RP12 has won that state, and with it the right to be referred to as the "presumptive nominee". SJoyceFla pledges to fight on to the convention, and manages to win two more states (New Mexico and Montana) before the close of the primary season, but in the end 20RP12 triumphs, and not even the support of 150+ superdelegates can succeed in giving SJoyceFla the nomination or even making the convention open.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »

The Republicans decide to run Sarah Palin, and are quickly eclipsed by SJoyceFla, the Libertarian candidate, who faces off against Democratic Senator Alfred F. Jones. He narrowly ekes out a win in the Electoral College, despite losing the popular vote: Palin drains support from him in a 1912-esque fashion and almost wins the Deep South.

Senator SJoyceFla (I-FL): 273 EVs, 43% of the popular vote
Senator Alfred F. Jones (D-NY): 265 EVs, 51% of the popular vote
Fmr. Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK): 0 EVs, 8% of the popular vote
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »

Looks like I wasn't fast enough. Posting my map just for the record.

SKIP
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »

I think we all know which one is which.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 09:19:34 PM »

Senator FallenMorgan (D-CA) - 284 EVs
Governor 20RP12 (R-WV) - 220 EVs
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »

As much as it pains me, here's me losing to a libertarian. Tongue

20RP12 - 273 EV
realisticidealist - 265 EV
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »

President Jones's term is plagued with issues through no real fault of his own, but Senator Nathan of Massachusetts decides to challenge him in the primaries regardless. Nathan's stridently left-wing and somewhat agrarian economic outlook and eclectic stances on a few social issues that depart from liberal Democratic orthodoxy win him the Iowa caucuses, but the President is able to run up margins with more left-libertarian primary voters in New Hampshire, and after a disappointingly narrow win with South Carolina's heavily rural black primary electorate and heavy losses in Florida (due to the Senator's barely-hidden disdain for the state) and Nevada (Las Vegas), Nathan all but suspends his campaign, winning a few more primaries in sparsely populated Western states and his native Massachusetts before endorsing the President.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 11:21:12 PM »

President Jones's term is plagued with issues through no real fault of his own, but Senator Nathan of Massachusetts decides to challenge him in the primaries regardless. Nathan's stridently left-wing and somewhat agrarian economic outlook and eclectic stances on a few social issues that depart from liberal Democratic orthodoxy win him the Iowa caucuses, but the President is able to run up margins with more left-libertarian primary voters in New Hampshire, and after a disappointingly narrow win with South Carolina's heavily rural black primary electorate and heavy losses in Florida (due to the Senator's barely-hidden disdain for the state) and Nevada (Las Vegas), Nathan all but suspends his campaign, winning a few more primaries in sparsely populated Western states and his native Massachusetts before endorsing the President.

Who are you running against?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies