Mitt's tax plan: Cut taxes for the rich, raise them on everyone else (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:32:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt's tax plan: Cut taxes for the rich, raise them on everyone else (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt's tax plan: Cut taxes for the rich, raise them on everyone else  (Read 13243 times)
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« on: August 09, 2012, 11:21:13 AM »

Why do people hate tax cuts for the rich Sad
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »

Because they want to free ride off public services/transfers provided by taxes funded by rich people.

Ah, common sense at last.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

Because we are already running a budget deficit over a trillion dollars.

But if you cut spending and taxes, then the budget will be balanced, providing you cut more in spending.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »

But if you cut spending and taxes, then the budget will be balanced, providing you cut more in spending.

We are running a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit. That means we collect $1.4 trillion less in taxes than we spend. You want to cut taxes (revenue). So, where do you get the >$1.4 trillion to balance your budget? Hint: You wont get there without hacking Social Security, Defense, and Medicare/aid - which no politician is willing to do (heard anything about the Ryan budget lately?)

Stegosaurus, don't bother trying to reason with him. He's a bigger troll than Politico and plays dumb to deny common sense.

Come on Mondy, I'm not a troll, I'm just very, very right-wing.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »

I'd like to point out that this threads title is highly misleading. He doesn't intend to raise taxes on everyone other than the rich, just slash entitlements.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 02:11:34 AM »

This thread seems to be rapidly running out of steam.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »

We are running a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit. That means we collect $1.4 trillion less in taxes than we spend. You want to cut taxes (revenue). So, where do you get the >$1.4 trillion to balance your budget? Hint: You wont get there without hacking Social Security, Defense, and Medicare/aid - which no politician is willing to do (heard anything about the Ryan budget lately?)

Yeah, sadly my plan is also my wet dream. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies