which statement is more true in your opinion?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:09:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  which statement is more true in your opinion?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: which statement is more true in your opinion?  (Read 715 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2012, 12:07:14 AM by freepcrusher »

"The southern democratic parties are some of the worst run state parties in the country. They have no unity, no base and haven't found a way to adapt to the future."

"Despite record dominance, the southern republican parties are average at best. That it took this long to get to majority status shows how there is nothing special about them. It all fell on to their lap and had nothing to do with their compelling message. I doubt most southern republicans could win elections in most districts/states."

In my opinion, its a mix of the two. In Florida you have the worst of both worlds with a well-run state GOP and a weak democratic party.

On the other hand, Arkansas has a resilient democratic party with a weak republican party and is the reason why the state still has Mark Pryor, Mike Beebe and a democrat legislature.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »

The California Republican party is becoming a total joke. They spent $2 million to challenge the state Senate maps, and even though the referendum is on the November ballot, decided to give up on it, and have negative $450,000 on hand. That's fiscal conservatism for you.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »

The California Republican party is becoming a total joke. They spent $2 million to challenge the state Senate maps, and even though the referendum is on the November ballot, decided to give up on it, and have negative $450,000 on hand. That's fiscal conservatism for you.

that's off topic. Start your own thread.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGw_vAnqPI
t_host1

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »

"The southern democratic parties are some of the worst run state parties in the country. They have no unity, no base and haven't found a way to adapt to the future."

"Despite record dominance, the southern republican parties are average at best. That it took this long to get to majority status shows how there is nothing special about them. It all fell on to their lap and had nothing to do with their compelling message. I doubt most southern republicans could win elections in most districts/states."

In my opinion, its a mix of the two. In Florida you have the worst of both worlds with a well-run state GOP and a weak democratic party.

On the other hand, Arkansas has a resilient democratic party with a weak republican party and is the reason why the state still has Mark Pryor, Mike Beebe and a democrat legislature.
I’ll accept resilient as meaning in – hanging on. Arkansas‘s base is for the most part conservative at it’s core. Its party with the current democrat ideals is wearing thin, trending to the republic, even though the leadership talks the democrat talk and of course takes the money, they’re not stupid. It’s been said for some time that the democrat party thinks they run the place with the conservatives’ owning it/them. To me, things tend to be notably quite among the democrats here…
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies