Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 11:37:35 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Tender Branson, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | | |-+  NC: Rasmussen: Romney up 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NC: Rasmussen: Romney up 5  (Read 1088 times)
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 3.65

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:18:01 pm »
Ignore

New Poll: North Carolina President by Rasmussen on 2012-8-1

Summary: D: 44%, R: 49%, I: 3%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:28:50 pm »
Ignore

Excellent poll!

Indeed, North Carolina media markets have dried up a bit.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:41 pm »
Ignore

I'm working in the CLT area this summer and have noticed too that the ads from both Obama and Romney have dropped off since late spring, early summer. Sign that NC will be out of reach?

"...the media helped tip the scales. I didn't think the coverage in 2008 was especially fair..."

- Jake Tapper, Senior White House Correspondent for ABC News

"The media is very susceptible to doing what the Obama campaign wants."

- Mark Halperin, author of 2008's 'Game Change.'
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:11 pm »
Ignore

This represents an increase for Romney from Rasmussen's June 25th poll. Then, Romney led 47-44%.

Romney leads with independents by 30, 59-29%.
Romney's favs are at 50/47%
Obama's job rating: 47/51%

"...the media helped tip the scales. I didn't think the coverage in 2008 was especially fair..."

Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:35:57 pm »
Ignore

Yes, one Rasmussen poll surely means that this state is no longer competitive. Roll Eyes

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:10 pm »

Yes, one Rasmussen poll surely means that this state is no longer competitive. Roll Eyes

Yeah, and we all know that McCain won the state by 20:

http://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008/pollsa.php?action=indpoll&id=3720080908019

Also (look at date and company):

http://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008/pollsa.php?action=indpoll&id=3720080813016
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 01:40:53 pm »
Ignore

Yeah and we all know that Lehman is going to reverse collapse and Palin is going to be picked again by Romney. Tongue

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 02:08:52 pm »
Ignore

I'm working in the CLT area this summer and have noticed too that the ads from both Obama and Romney have dropped off since late spring, early summer. Sign that NC will be out of reach?

Virginia too, soon. The vicious attacks on capitalism will soon resonate among the wealthy voters in Virginia. Possibly more than any other state, the Democrats are reliant on wealthy voters in Virginia.

Hence of course Connolly covering his own rear by voting for tax cuts!
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:16:32 pm »
Ignore

One where he has a clearly insurmountable five point lead at that!

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »
Ignore

More likely a sign that this is a slow period for campaigning.  The next flurry of serious campaigning and ad buys will be when Romney announces his running mate and both parties try to define him in the minds of voters.

I wonder why Van Heusen never bothered to make women's clothing?
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 06:14:51 pm »
Ignore

I hardly ever watch TV, but I watched Jeopardy for a half hour today and I saw at least 3 Romney ads. I'm sure that has something to do with Romney's increased standing here.

Oddly enough, I only saw 1 Obama ad and I disagreed with it (he was attacking Romney's stance on abortion).

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:39:50 pm »
Ignore

Probably a sign than people are in vacations and don't want to care about politics.
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 08:36:15 pm »
Ignore

GAME CHANGER!!!!!!

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 09:08:15 pm »
Ignore

Do you guys even read anymore, or just have scripts you type from?

No one said the poll meant NC was out of contention. We simply said that we've both noticed less ads in NC since early summer, and questioned whether that meant it was being less competitive. And Miles clearly refuted it. Everything else about "well NC must not bee competitive" from the sarcastic liberals was just to see themselves type a post.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:10:25 pm by MorningInAmerica »Logged

pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »
Ignore

Do you guys even read anymore, or just have scripts you type from?

Irony was intended.

No one said the poll meant NC was out of contention. We simply said that we've both noticed less ads in NC since early summer, and questioned whether that meant it was being less competitive. And Miles clearly refuted it. Everything else about "well NC must not bee competitive" from the sarcastic liberals was just to see themselves type a post.
[/quote]

5% -- still competitive.

8% -- fringe of competitiveness.

12% or more -- out of competition. 

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 01:39:29 am »
Ignore

5% -- still competitive.

8% -- fringe of competitiveness.

12% or more -- out of competition. 

d'wha'??
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:42:06 am by MorningInAmerica »Logged

pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 07:50:28 am »
Ignore

I can't give exact numbers, let alone a workable algorithm. The only leads that matter in the end are those at the end of the vote count or after victory is clinched for a candidate. The continuum between closeness in a statewide election as for the President (Missouri and North Carolina in 2008) and overwhelming blowouts (DC and Wyoming in 2008) has no clear divide.

With enough time and effort a state might swing in an unexpected manner. Thus if President Obama were behind by 10% in Tennessee (I do not believe that the case) late in 2011 and perceived that the state were ripe for him he might make numerous appearances in the Volunteer State, and his campaign would expend much on political advertising, if such were the only way in which to win. But July 2012? No.

As time runs out in a close election nominees withdraw efforts in places not needed for a win and in sure things for themselves. But if winning depends on winning one state and the hope that one will win everything close, then you have John McCain making a last-minute campaign in Pennsylvania... to the detriment of efforts in Florida, Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia, all but one of which he lost.

If President Obama is up by 2% in Ohio and down by 5% in North Carolina in late October and either one of them is possibly the difference between winning and losing, then where do you think his campaign will expend last-minute resources?   Bingo.

But this is on the assumption that the Presidential election is close at least most of the electoral season. If the election isn't close then it isn't very interesting, is it?       

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »
Ignore

Virginia too, soon. The vicious attacks on capitalism will soon resonate among the wealthy voters in Virginia. Possibly more than any other state, the Democrats are reliant on wealthy voters in Virginia.

Many of those wealthy voters are employed by the federal government.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 09:58:19 pm »
Ignore

Apparently I'm mistaken about North Carolina seeing less ads then the rest of the states.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/

NC saw over $2.6 million in ad spending last week (July 23-29th). Behind only Florida with $4.4M million, Ohio with $3.4 million in ad spending, and Virginia with $3.1 million in ad spending last week.

Hmph...must not be watching enough tv.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:05:56 pm by MorningInAmerica »Logged

timothyinMD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 12:05:33 am »
Ignore

More confirmation that Romney has a steady marginal lead in NC
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -6.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »
Ignore

Congrats GOP. You're winning a state you should be winning. Now all you need to do is change the tide in Florida, Ohio, and Virginia, and then you can brag.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:17:34 pm by Comrade Funk »Logged

We need a public option

Quote from: President Harry S. Truman
“We should resolve now that the health of this nation is a national concern; that financial barriers in the way of attaining health shall be removed
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 07:05:51 pm »
Ignore

Many of those wealthy voters are employed by the federal government.

Many yes, in areas such as defense. Some are not. Many of them want to pay confiscatory taxes.

Northern Virginia is only 25-30% of the state.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout