SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:01:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security  (Read 18884 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »

Puts on PPT hat:

Could the chairman alter the topic line so that it is uniform with the one on the Oversight and Reform Committee as displayed below:

"SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security"

The reason for this is to differentiate it from the other types of hearings authorized by the pertinent section of the OSPR.

Good Luck Chairman! I will be watching you guys!

Takes off PPT hat.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:06:51 PM »

Committee members, during the reason deliberations of the Atlasia-Israel Security Cooperation and Defense Treaty, it was revealed that the Constitution lacked provisions to ratify treaties. Therefore, I composed the following amendment in the hopes of rectifying this situation, basing it off similar language and placement as that of the RL US Constitution, altered by the necessities of our Constitutions differences of course.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »

Therefore, I am inviting Senator NCYankee, the sponsor; SoEA Kalwejt, Ambassador Cathcon, and President Napoleon to come testify on this legislation.

I find this outrageous to mention the President at the very end. The President outranks all of these individuals mentioned and should be mentioned in the very first place.

I cannot and will not testify before a body that shows no respect to the Presidency Angry

Shouldn't the sponsor of the bill get first mention so as to ensure that the motivation and cause for the legislation introduced can be clearly established before the committee members?

I would strongly recommend that you in fact do testify, lest Ben and myself have to make things "difficult" for you. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »

Mr. SoEA, I expect you to testify.  You have been summoned before this committee, and so you shall testify.

I want to make sure that this applies only to defense treaties and not any sort of trade agreement.

Traditionally, FTA's have been separate; certainly all the ones we've passed have had only a majority requirement.

This is the same as what is in the US Constitution and US has passed most of its FTA's via the normal legislative process, starting with NAFTA. Northing in this limits the legislative abilities of the Senate and thus passing the contents of a treaty as a piece of normal legislation should still be possible.

I would recommend seeking a legal opinion(s) from a "Constitutional Expert(s)" to get a clearer picture of this issue.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »

We have a Foreign Policy/International Affairs slot for such matters.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »

There is still time for the committee to vote on a recommendation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »

Damn, missed out on a chance to make an example out of Kalwejt. Evil

What is next here Ben? Iran?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »

I hate to point this out but with the exception of the all the comments posted on the 12th, this committee has been silent for two separate sets of three days each. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 08:00:31 PM »

I hate to point this out but with the exception of the all the comments posted on the 12th, this committee has been silent for two separate sets of three days each. Tongue

Well, the individuals called to testify ain't talking much Tongue

Then waterboard the SOBs! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 01:53:12 AM »

The Iran bill will be on the Senate floor very soon. Do make all haste if you guys plan to consider it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »

Um, four days have passed here with no discussion. The Iran resolution itself is very close to being brought to the floor. My suggestion would be PM/drag by the ear any final testimony before proceeding to a recommendation vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »

SIX FING DAYS!!!! This doesn't make me very happy, you guys are letting me down!!! Sad
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »

The Iran Resolution will probably be on the floor by tomorrow.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:22 AM »

Ah, Ben? This has been sitting for five days?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 11:21:02 AM »

I don't remember how the process works to remove a committee chairman, but failure of something to occur here in the next day or so, may lead to me finding out again. Tongue And a day beyond that, well we shouldn't contemplate such things.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »

Ben, what is the game plan for this here? Do you plan to deliberate it before the committee before it goes before the full Senate? If so, please proceed with that immediately.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »

Does that policy regarding China have the full support of the Administration? That is a serious step to take and one that could have serious ramifications.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 12:20:31 AM »

So you and the President have exchanged correspondance on the matter of China?

Ben, it says something when the only Senator asking questions in this committee thread in the last three days isn't even a member the committee, and that something isn't good. Tongue Could you press this forward with a bit more aggression?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »

BEN IT DOESN"T TAKE NINE DAYS TO SETTLE INTO AN OFFICE, GOD DAMNIT!!! Angry Angry Angry
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »

Is there by chance a connection between that and the fact that this hasn't been posted in for over a month: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=160996.0
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 02:02:25 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1594;sa=showPosts

Or maybe that the SoEA seems to have pulled a complete Morgieb on us and even Chairman Nix of GOR can't seem to raise him?

I don't know Chairman, that seem like nothing going on or a neglect of duty (and thus something for your committee to being looking into) to you? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »

CHAIRMAN BENCONSTINE?!!!!!! That was meant to be responded to! Angry
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »

I appreciate the intiative taken by this committee to immeidately commence interrogating the new prisoner. It is my hope that such would be standard practice without need of prompting and I am glad to see it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »

I had begun to write one of my "killer" posts (defined as killer because you die by the time you get done, or the content itself is deadly, not in any way does it serve as a descriptor of quality. Tongue) relating to this Hagrid-Nix exhance, especially about the role of each party in the exchange (GM/SoEA) with some historical perspective, concerns and the pros and cons of the two different approaches to how to use the SoIA/SoEA (are they feeding some of it, or just being 100% fed everything by the GM). Also including fact that either way involves an on-going, detailed and indepth interaction between them that is full of substance and quality results that would serve as the engine for Game events and thus activity. Going further is probably the later is probably more important to long run success or failure, then either of the two approaches mentioned above (Both and can work and both can fail and we have seen them both fail actually).

Somewhere along this path I came to a realization. One, I have big headache. Two, its Christmas eve. The fact that it is such a day and I am in this condition, mean there are a million other places where I need to be right now. And so, long story made short, I am leaving you with this rambling paragraph. If need to, I will work backwards to explain it, on a day that doesn't have the word Christmas in it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »

Alright guys.  Take a few days to settle into your offices, and we will then begin hearings on the three bills Joyce has written up and I've introduced Smiley

NO SETTLE TIME, WORK NOW!!! Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies