SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:31:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: National Security  (Read 18734 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 03, 2012, 11:19:47 PM »
« edited: August 04, 2012, 08:38:32 AM by Cathcon »

Via Video Conference

Thanks a lot for calling me here. Before I voice my opinion, I'm wondering if text is available of the previous procedure by which treaties were ratified. And if so, if it could be procured for my viewing.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »

As far as I am aware, no procedures presently exist.

Ah thank you. Well, diplomacy and treaties are certainly an important part of any international diplomacy, and so it seems only sensible that a process be established. 2/3's of the Senate seems like a reasonable and fairly standard requirement.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

I'm here, but for now. Ask away.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »

While it is difficult to gauge the effectiveness of a trip alone, one the goal of which is not to broker any formal agreement, I'd like to say that it yielded "diplomatic fruit" as you call it. It seems that in England they are very open to cooperation. My talks with British First Secretary of State William Hague revealed that Britain was revealing of the British interest in protecting human rights abroad and Syria was of course a case worthy of special interest. As well, they, as have we, and as has France, have recognized the Syrian National Council as the legitimate government there. The fact that we are of one mind on the issue as to what shall rule Syria in the post-Assad era was quite comforting. Among other questions were as to not exactly what, but who will lead post-Assad Syria and for that, I continue my narrative onto France where I was able to, in secret, meet with Manaf Tlass. A Syiran brigadier general, he is one of the more qualified men to lead Syria, whether in exile, or when the dust settles as an executive or military figure.

Obviously this issue is not a resolved one and I have a feeling we'll have to wait and see for ourselves whether it resolves. However, thanks to this trip we are able to work in better precision with both France and Britain. I apologize for the results of my diplomatic venture in Germany and Russia. My stay in Germany was defined mostly be being distracted by various, "Beer Gartens" or however you say them, coupled with Secretary Kalwejt's unexpected disappearance that left me trying to run the department for about a half week from a foreign country. And as for Russia, there's really little to be said there. However, we will have to crack Russia's shell at some point due to their status on the UN Security Council, and the same goes for China.

Thank you, Mr. Senator.

OOC Canon Question: There's a UN here, right?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »

Now you're job is to testify as a potential nominee, however.

Hello.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iran Resolution

Whereas- Iran has committed acts of war against our nation such as the taking of hostages

Whereas- Iran has conducted and publicly announced military exercises to simulate and enhance their ability to strike Atlasian military bases in the region

Whereas- Iran has repeatedly threatened acts of war such as closing the Strait of Hormuz and has repeatedly threatened our allies especially Israel

Whereas- Iran is universally recognized as a state sponsor of terror and has been identified as the primary state collaborator of the terrorist organization Hezbollah

Whereas- Iran has attempted to assassinate diplomatic officials to Atlasia

Whereas- Iran lied to the world community regarding its intentions for uranium enrichment, pledging peaceful intentions and later announcing the successful development of a nuclear weapon

Whereas- the world community and Atlasia in particular has no reason to trust the Iranian regime

Be it resolved- the Senate gives the President full authority to initiate and direct military operations against the Islamic Republic of Iran

Having read over the bill and having read outside data on the subject, I concur that Senator Clarence's points are valid. However, I am cautious about the thought of launching an invasion of Iran. As well, I recall it being the administration's position (state through implication of directly), that there is no intention in the executive branch of approving force on Iran. Being that, I would have to be given examples of proposed military actions, strategies, and tactics, and propositions as to what we would hypothetically put in place of the current Islamic Republic of Iran.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies