Pew: Obama Has Double-Digit Lead Over Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Pew: Obama Has Double-Digit Lead Over Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew: Obama Has Double-Digit Lead Over Romney  (Read 5028 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 02, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2012, 05:23:05 PM by Frodo »

If there is already a previous thread on this poll, feel free to delete it:

Obama Leads Nationwide, But Closer Race in Swing States

The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted July 16-26, 2012, among 2,508 adults, including 1,956 registered voters, finds that, in keeping with his favorability advantage, Obama continues to hold a sizable lead over Romney in the election contest. Currently, 51% say they support Obama or lean toward him, while 41% support or lean toward Romney. This is largely unchanged from earlier in July and consistent with polling over the course of this year. Across eight Pew Research Center surveys since January, Obama has led Romney by between four and 12 percentage points.

Obama holds only a four-point edge (48% to 44%) across 12 of this year’s key battleground states. While the data does not allow a state-by-state analysis, the overall balance of support in these closely contested states has remained level in recent months, with Obama slightly ahead, but neither candidate holding a significant advantage.

The relative stability of this race can be seen within most voting blocs as well. Whites have consistently favored Romney over Obama, while minority support for Obama has held relatively steady. As has been the case all year, women favor Obama by a wide margin; currently 56% of women support Obama, while 37% back Romney. Men are more evenly divided (46% Obama, 47% Romney). Obama’s support among voters under 30 remains strong (58% vs. 34% for Romney in the current survey), while voters 65 and older are divided (49% Romney vs. 45% Obama).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »

Junk.

Wasn't Pew ranked as the worst pollster on Nate Silver's house effect thing?

I wasn't aware of that -can you link me to where you found that information?  I have googled 'Nate Silver and Pew', and according to this site, in June 2010, he rated Pew well above average.  

I don't know what his June 2012 ratings are.  

Perhaps you would know? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »

I'd have to see what the August numbers are on the economy, but suddenly this poll doesn't look so outlandish anymore...   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies