Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:52:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62815 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »

Have you found it different to serve in the Senate compared to the regional Assembly ?

You were active, gave your viewpoint and proposed legislation which are good qualities for a senator. Thank you for your service.

I realised I never answered this.

I think it actually was more similar than I imagined, actually. Things may have moved... a bit slower, but the load of legislation we faced was substantially larger- five, six at a time instead of the two slots. There's a good deal more of legalese, and Yankee really guides us through it. The Senate would have been a wreck without him. It's also more important to build coalitions- do a lot of behind-the-scenes politicking and the like, debating, persuading, convincing. Yet I think the Senate's larger size helps with things. The Peoples' Party, when I was in office, had a plurality of seats, and I think that was a bit of a natural constituency.

I'm proud to say that every bill I sponsored passed though, and I would like to think I got a great deal of reforms through in my fairly short time. Again, particular thanks to Senator Nix for sponsoring some of my bills. Sometimes I find myself missing the Senate...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2013, 03:33:46 PM »

STATEMENT BY FORMER SENATOR, LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR, N.E. SPEAKER, ASSEMBLYMAN, PARTY CHAIRMAN, ET CŒTERA SIMFAN34 OSA(S)

Let’s talk. I have no set topic, but there are many occurrences in this nation of ours that I believe merit mention, in this important time of ours.

We have seen a tremendous amount of change in this past week, as our Presidential election approaches and the campaigns come to a head.  And, my friends, those constant gusts, those winds of change, are blowing once more, as they always do. The time for change has come, as it always has. Our great ship of state is being blown forwards by these winds, and I hope that we shall continue down our merry path forevermore. That is why I have been worried by recent developments.

Governor Scott, a great leader, has- no, wait. First, let me hasten to add that Governor Scott has been an inspiring and resolute leader for our Northeast Region. A strong and decisive leader, one who has been the perfect man for these times, a man in and of the world but also above its stormy tumults. To not vote for his re-election would be the mark of a masochist- to desire suffering upon oneself, to deny oneself of the joys and benefits that one may have under his judicious governance. The fact no man has risen to contest his re-election. Go and vote for him.

But great man as he is, Governor Scott has decided to resurrect the Jesus Christ Party. Now, when we were debating party dissolution, I was opposed to the idea. I was more than content to remain within the RPP, and sometimes I find myself missing it. But the dissolution has brought a tremendous amount of change to this nation’s political landscape, and I feel it has been for the better. We now have more diverse view points, more diverse politics, and I think Atlasia is more interesting for it.

I understand that Governor Scott says he does not intend to return to the two-party system. But the JCP and the RPP were the lynchpins of that system, and to invoke them is to invoke bipartisanism. If the system gravitates again and again towards a two-party system organically, so be it. But let’s not take artificial steps to revive it.

I understand his Liberal Party has been going through some difficult times as of late. But the President must understand that the opinion people have of him is one of his own creation, the result of his own behaviour. It is interesting to see him run for Senate, and I wish him well. But if we are to ascribe the Liberal’s mire to something, it must be the attitude of some towards the President.

Speaking of the Senate, I shall like to make some further endorsements. First, I shall like to lend my support to Mr. Festoon in his bid in the Special election. I have faith that he shall serve The People well in his service, and I would like to let the nation know that. Senator Oakvale, although he is outside my jurisdiction, deserves re-election as well.

But then we have Senator Nix. The saintly Senator Nix. How can I begin to express my gratitude? Northeasterners, how can we! We are truly blessed to have this sprightly living legend of the Atlasian Senate represent us in Congress. Senator Nix has stood by us- stood by me- since time immemorial, to defend our interest and that of The People as a whole. When I left the Senate, he took my bills and fought for them as if they were his own. He went and helped me write them and get them passed. He even helped me in my own personal affairs, helping me to take actions I would have been too timid to do otherwise, and I am better off for it.

We are all, to the last, every Atlasian man, woman, and child, better off by having Senator Nix here. Some politicians are accused of conspiring against those who do not vote for them. I do not know if these are true, but I can assure you that no person who votes against Senator Nix’s re-election shall ever get my vote.

Who will stand up for the arts? The fine arts, the high arts, the respected culture and not the meaningless, provocative things people attempt to pass of as “art” these days.

I know I have mentioned my retirement. Despite Senator Nix’s earlier efforts which I remain highly grateful for. The Great Trauma, was, indeed, traumatic. The March to Brooklyn was greatly agonising and trying. But I made it. We made it. I want to serve, and I shall continue to do so. Winfield and myself shall continue our march, on to the White House, and I am confident that come Election Day, The People shall give us our fair shake, having listened to our platform and our proposals, that we shall do well. And if not us, if you must, then vote for Duke.

Now I have also announced I will be accepting write-in votes for the Northeast Assembly election. I am sure many ask why. Several of you have approached me, indeed, a few current members as well, asking, encouraging me to run, and I feel I cannot decline such a calling. I will not campaigning- I am running for Vice President first and foremost- but if I am elected I will serve.

That has always been my hope- to serve- and I hope that I shall continue to do so, for The People of the Northeast and for the whole Atlasian nation. We must renew our faith in government, and government must renew its faith in The People. The upcoming elections shall provide a great turnover in our elected officials, and I think now is the time to grasp the link, to hold fast upon the rope, to not let it slack, and to let us be carried forwards by the wind. Let us recall the motto of the great luminary Kwame Nkrumah: “Forwards ever, backwards never!”
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2013, 03:39:47 PM by Simfan34 »

Also, I will be accepting donations of Hendricks Gin, cucumbers, and assorted brands of tonic water.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »

Excellent choice of drink.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2013, 12:32:38 AM »

When were you awarded the OSAS? Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:59 AM »

Excellent question.
Simfan35
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

My campaign is suspended until further notice.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

Endorsed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »

I am currently en route to returning to my home, where I shall make a statement to the nation. The weather in New York is quite beautiful today, and many of The People have come out to welcome me on my return, so this may take a while.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2014, 02:44:32 PM »

Welcome back!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »

What glorious news! Cheesy
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »

I welcome questions for the upcoming statement!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2014, 05:31:59 PM »

Welcome back Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2014, 05:34:46 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »

Welcome back Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2014, 07:54:57 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 09:31:13 PM by Simfan34 »

SPEECH TO THE PEOPLE

Friends, Atlasians, countrymen. The time is at hand. We have triumphed. I have returned to our beloved land to be amongst The People.  And for that, in this moment, I am euphoric.  Not because of any phony prospect of offices and fortunes. But because I am so overwhelmed by the love of all the People.

Without the efforts of you all, this day would not have been possible. Without the expressions of your support, your public loving on me, I would not be here. But indeed I am here today. And I am thankful to you all. There are some people who deserve particular support. To the President and the Vice President, your support was crucial to our success today, especially for leading the 4S. Our goals have been accomplished. My good friends, former President and Vice President Nix and Bacon King, have too given me much advice and stood by me in this time. The scores of Senators, of Assemblymen, justices, common citizens, who have stood by me in this time is innumerable. And I am beyond thankful for them, for the strengthening of my bond with The People in this trying time, and I am in their debt, and I must serve them.

Now I am sure that many of you have been wondering what I have been doing in the past year in my absence. As I said, I served as the  John L. Weinberg/Goldman Sachs & Co. Visiting Professor at Princeton University, but my service was cut short due to my exile. I then spent some weeks in London, before making my home in Accra, Ghana. I have begun some farming and real estate investments there.

I am quite proud that the Simfan & Simfan company is now leading the way on the $7.5 billion redevelopment of the Korle Lagoon, once covered in computer waste and known as "Sodom and Gomorrah", into a 1050-acre new district with 120,000 housing units, 40,000 of which are targeted for low-income residents, office blocks, a new railway terminus, shopping malls, and 500 acres of parkland. I have also been spending some time in Seoul, South Korea, consulting with STX Shipbuilding, who I have worked with the PMRC since 2006.

As for my future prospects, I will repeat what I said to the President earlier today- I am at the beck and call of The People. I shall bend over to let them have their way. And now, at this momentous moment, I say a new morning, a new dawn of The People is upon us. I can smell the sizzling bacon and the brewing coffee-- kopi luwak, I'm quite sure. We said good night in the evening, now let us say good morning to the new day.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2014, 09:05:43 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 09:22:10 PM by Simfan34 »

GO WEST, YOUNG MAN

Things are changing! I have just boarded a plane to the Pacific Region, to take up residence in the city of San Francisco. It is an new age, and it is a time for new things. My new address is 3701 Washington St, San Francisco, CA. I shall continue to visit my house in New York from time to time. I quite love this old city, but I think it is time for a change. And this house is beautiful:

The People's House

The People's Foyer

The People's Bedroom

The People's Sitting Room

The People's Dining Room

Furthermore, I am honoured to be the first one to sign up for the new Party. Our time truly has come. But let me first get some proper settees, these sofas are not appropriate.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »

Welcome to this wonderful region Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »

Thank you, sweet Simfan. You can join the glorious team I am helping assemble to fix the Pacific region! We already have a solid group - this will make it even better!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »

It's great to have you back!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2014, 11:49:02 PM »

Thank you Dave, Thank you, Thank You, Thank You

and Duke of course, for with him all things are possible.

Glad to see you back man, don't mess it up this time. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 08:04:24 PM by Simfan34 »

The Creeping Menace of Syndicalism

Syndicalism, also called Anarcho-syndicalism, or Revolutionary Syndicalism, a movement that advocates direct action by the working class to abolish the capitalist order, including the state, and to establish in its place a social order based on workers organized in production units. The syndicalist movement flourished in France chiefly between 1900 and 1914 and had a considerable impact in Spain, Italy, England, the Latin-American countries, and elsewhere. It had ceased to be a strong, dynamic force by the end of World War I, but it remained a residual force in Europe until World War II.

The syndicalist, like the Marxist, was opposed to capitalism and looked forward to an ultimate class war from which the working class would emerge victorious. To the syndicalist, the state was by nature a tool of capitalist oppression and, in any event, was inevitably rendered inefficient and despotic by its bureaucratic structure. As an appendage of the capitalist order, then, the state could not be used for reform with peaceful means and must be abolished.

The structure of the ideal syndicalist community was generally envisioned somewhat as follows. The unit of organization would be the local syndicat, a free association of self-governing “producers.” It would be in touch with other groups through the local bourse du travail (“labour exchange”), which would function as a combination of employment and economic planning agency. When all the producers were thus linked together by the bourse, its administration—consisting of elected representatives of the members—would be able to estimate the capacities and necessities of the region, could coordinate production, and, being in touch through other bourses with the industrial system as a whole, could arrange for the necessary transfer of materials and commodities, inward and outward.

In the United States the Industrial Workers of the World embraced a form of syndicalism but aimed for a system based on large, centralized unions rather than on local associations.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/578407/syndicalism

The Labor Party is currently run by Syndicalist elements- the country is to be run by labor unions. Is this what you want?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »

This looks like much more as a  fear speech than an ideological. You should have given The People a good reason why those forms of economic structure are wrong and why Capitalism is better. I'm sorry Simfan if I cannot totally agree with you on this kind of political tactic...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »

The Creeping Menace of Syndicalism

Syndicalism, also called Anarcho-syndicalism, or Revolutionary Syndicalism, a movement that advocates direct action by the working class to abolish the capitalist order, including the state, and to establish in its place a social order based on workers organized in production units. The syndicalist movement flourished in France chiefly between 1900 and 1914 and had a considerable impact in Spain, Italy, England, the Latin-American countries, and elsewhere. It had ceased to be a strong, dynamic force by the end of World War I, but it remained a residual force in Europe until World War II.

The syndicalist, like the Marxist, was opposed to capitalism and looked forward to an ultimate class war from which the working class would emerge victorious. To the syndicalist, the state was by nature a tool of capitalist oppression and, in any event, was inevitably rendered inefficient and despotic by its bureaucratic structure. As an appendage of the capitalist order, then, the state could not be used for reform with peaceful means and must be abolished.

The structure of the ideal syndicalist community was generally envisioned somewhat as follows. The unit of organization would be the local syndicat, a free association of self-governing “producers.” It would be in touch with other groups through the local bourse du travail (“labour exchange”), which would function as a combination of employment and economic planning agency. When all the producers were thus linked together by the bourse, its administration—consisting of elected representatives of the members—would be able to estimate the capacities and necessities of the region, could coordinate production, and, being in touch through other bourses with the industrial system as a whole, could arrange for the necessary transfer of materials and commodities, inward and outward.

In the United States the Industrial Workers of the World embraced a form of syndicalism but aimed for a system based on large, centralized unions rather than on local associations.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/578407/syndicalism

The Labor Party is currently run by Syndicalist elements- the country is to be run by labor unions. Is this what you want?
Picking up right where the reporter left off huh?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 10:20:04 PM by Simfan34 »

Dearest Addie, I apologise for letting a disgraced ex-president in our new home... and yes, you have to go take the train back to New York. You should have left for Miss Hall's yesterday. I need to see the President on Friday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies