Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:25:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62618 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: September 28, 2015, 06:51:23 PM »

To respond to Turkblasiu comments, it's pretty clear that he doesn't like me and I don't like him either, I don't think many people do, tbh. But it does need better grammar updates and it will be worked out accordingly. Mr. Governor I urge you to sign this bill when it gets sent to your desk, sorry but my sender got lost in the hallways. This current laws like the motto and the Sodom and Gommarrah Act are an insult to people of Christian faith. Oh and if he vetoes it we will probably override it.

What about people who aren't Christians? What about Christians who don't feel that their beliefs should be imposed on people of different faiths?

I'm hardly a fan of Turkisblau's recent actions, but this bill is a clear violation of the Constitution and the separation of church and state. Inserting a controversial political opinion into a Region's pledge of allegiance alienates and diminishes citizens who do not share that opinion. If, for example, the Mideast were to add "with liberty, justice, and a $25.00 minimum wage for all" to the pledge of allegiance, I'm sure you and other conservatives would protest it, and rightly so. The bottom line here is that our national symbols should serve to unite us, not to elevate one political position above the others, and as such this bill is unconstitutional and, frankly, un-Atlasian.

I urge Governor Simfan to veto this bill.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #501 on: September 28, 2015, 06:55:59 PM »

Ok I will present it and if the bill is vetoed I will bring an override vote and then if that fails I will reintroduce it to take out to pledge and it is not implying one specific god it just says God. The Sodom and Gommarrah Act is an insult to both Judaism and Christianity also if there was something that offended Muslims it would try to get it removed. We are just trying to get a godly and moral society here and reverse some if this nonsense also you don't need to take the pledge it's just on a offical record.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #502 on: September 28, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »

Mr. Governor this bill has passed the Pacific Legislative Council unamiously and it has arrived on your desk to await your action.
Best Regards,
Speaker Classic Conservative

[quote]
Getting Rid of Bad Laws Act of 2015

1. The Religious Freedom Act is hereby repealed and all things banned by it are reinstated the pledge of allegiance to the Pacific Flag shall be
          "I, pledge of allegiance to the flag of the Pacific Region, and to the Region for which its stands one region under God, indivisible with liberty and life for every citizen from the moment of conception to death."
2.  The Regional Motto Act is hereby repealed and it shall be replaced with the new motto "In God We Trust."
3. The Sodom and Gomorrah Act is hereby repealed and its former names for those two cities are herby reinstated.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #503 on: September 28, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »

You do know that 2 people on a 3 person council can't override a veto?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #504 on: September 28, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Ok I will present it and if the bill is vetoed I will bring an override vote and then if that fails I will reintroduce it to take out to pledge and it is not implying one specific god it just says God. The Sodom and Gommarrah Act is an insult to both Judaism and Christianity also if there was something that offended Muslims it would try to get it removed. We are just trying to get a godly and moral society here and reverse some if this nonsense also you don't need to take the pledge it's just on a offical record.

I don't mind having a pledge that says "under God" - as you said, it doesn't refer to any one god in particular and thus could apply to Allah, G-d, or whatever god you believe in. I was objecting to this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I understand that you believe that life begins at conception, but this is neither an established fact not a universal value held by all Atlasians. I don't begrudge you the right to believe this, but people should be able to say the Pledge of Allegiance and express pride in their Region without having to endorse a political position that they may or may not agree with. The fact that you don't have to take the pledge is beside the point: you also don't have to vote, fly the flag, or celebrate Independence Day, but these are traditional expressions of patriotism and national pride that should not be used to impose your political beliefs on the rest of the nation.

As for your "godly and moral society": if you want to pursue this as a private citizen, that's fine, but attempting to impose your version of morality on the people by legislation is unconstitutional. The fact that the Christian right has a majority in the Pacific Council as of this moment does not give you the right to tell other people how to live their lives. Freedom of Religion goes both ways: just as government cannot force you to have abortions or marry people of the same gender, so it cannot be used to prevent others from from following the dictates of their conscience when they differ from your own. 
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #505 on: September 28, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »

Ok I must admit that I went a little overkill with that. But, I have said before it we can't override the veto if it its vetoed than I will change it. And btw why wouldn't it take 3 when we only have 2 people that have taken office.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #506 on: September 28, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »

Truman, this is par for the course in the now dystopian Pacific Region.

CC, it is in the law that you need 3/3 to overrule the veto. 2/3 is a majority in the 3 person council. Because there are 2 councilors, you are unable to overrule the veto.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #507 on: September 28, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »

Truman, this is par for the course in the now dystopian Pacific Region.

CC, it is in the law that you need 3/3 to overrule the veto. 2/3 is a majority in the 3 person council. Because there are 2 councilors, you are unable to overrule the veto.
Thank You.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #508 on: September 29, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »

Mr. Governor this bill has passed the Pacific Legislative Council unamiously and it has arrived on your desk to await your action.
Best Regards,
Speaker Classic Conservative

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I hereby veto Sections 1 and 2 of the aforestated bill and sign the remainder.

x Simfan
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: October 03, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »

Proposal:

The Midwest and Pacific Constitutions will be amended as follows

-The two regions will elect a common Governor
-The two regions will elect a common Legislative Council consisting of five members
-The two regions will have a common judiciary appointed by the Governor, confirmed by the council
-The two regions will continue to elect separate Senators for the time being
-Officeholders will be allowed come from the two regions.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #510 on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:07 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Uc1GxtYI4KE#t=98

The relevant clip is just a few seconds long, so don't blink. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: October 25, 2015, 10:56:59 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 11:01:13 PM by Simfan34 »

Executive Order 10-18

The Pacific Defence Force and the Pacific National Guard are hereby mobilised. All units are to be placed under the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command and the Regional Joint Security Council, which is charged with defending the Region against external threats

A curfew is imposed from 11:30pm to 4:30am, local time, for all but essential personnel. People are advised to stay in their homes until further notice.

Organised or politically-motivated gatherings of 5 or more persons in public areas are prohibited until further notice.

All sporting, musical, social, and other large events with more than 100 spectators are hereby ordered postponed until further notice and the lifting of this order.

No other gubernatorial statement or speech on this matter will be forthcoming unless otherwise necessary.

Executive Order 10-19

A Pacific Regional Police force shall be established with responsibility for all policing activities and preventive detention in the Pacific Region.

All municipal, county, state, and other police forces shall be consolidated into the Pacific Regional Police. There shall exist metropolitan and rural police forces.

The following divisions shall be maintained for specific competencies: Highway and Railroad Police, Regional Park Police, Customs and Border Service, Coastal Police, Special Police, Anti-Riot Police, Special Branch, Prison Police, each commanded by Branch Commanders.

The Customs and Border Service shall assume airport security duties from the Transportation and Security Administration.

The Pacific Regional Police shall be commanded by a Commissioner-General of Police, appointed by the Governor.

Executive Order 10-20

Full responsibility for the command of the SAOC and the maintenance of regional peace, internal security, and justice, is vested in the Chairman of the Special Anti-Terrorism Operations Command. The Chairman is also hereby appointed Director of the Office of the Recovery.

Executive Order 10-21

The sum of $288,000 is hereby appropriated from the regional emergency fund for gubernatorial travel purposes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #512 on: October 25, 2015, 11:02:45 PM »

And now just what the fyck are you doing?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: October 25, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 11:09:27 PM by Simfan34 »

Executive Order 10-22

The Chairman of the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command is hereby vested with the authority to transmit future executive orders to the public.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #514 on: October 25, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »

Committing treason no doubt. Arrest this man and free the Pacific from theocratic tyranny Mr. President!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #515 on: October 25, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »

Oh great, another coup in the Pacific. I assume this is because Griffin won the election and will now presumably use his office to enslave all non-Labor voters?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #516 on: October 25, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »

Executive Order 10-18

The Pacific Defence Force and the Pacific National Guard are hereby mobilised. All units are to be placed under the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command and the Regional Joint Security Council, which is charged with defending the Region against external threats

A curfew is imposed from 11:30pm to 4:30am, local time, for all but essential personnel. People are advised to stay in their homes until further notice.

Organised or politically-motivated gatherings of 5 or more persons in public areas are prohibited until further notice.

All sporting, musical, social, and other large events with more than 100 spectators are hereby ordered postponed until further notice and the lifting of this order.

No other gubernatorial statement or speech on this matter will be forthcoming unless otherwise necessary.

Executive Order 10-19

A Pacific Regional Police force shall be established with responsibility for all policing activities and preventive detention in the Pacific Region.

All municipal, county, state, and other police forces shall be consolidated into the Pacific Regional Police. There shall exist metropolitan and rural police forces.

The following divisions shall be maintained for specific competencies: Highway and Railroad Police, Regional Park Police, Customs and Border Service, Coastal Police, Special Police, Anti-Riot Police, Special Branch, Prison Police, each commanded by Branch Commanders.

The Customs and Border Service shall assume airport security duties from the Transportation and Security Administration.

The Pacific Regional Police shall be commanded by a Commissioner-General of Police, appointed by the Governor.

Executive Order 10-20

Full responsibility for the command of the SAOC and the maintenance of regional peace, internal security, and justice, is vested in the Chairman of the Special Anti-Terrorism Operations Command. The Chairman is also hereby appointed Director of the Office of the Recovery.

Executive Order 10-21

The sum of $288,000 is hereby appropriated from the regional emergency fund for gubernatorial travel purposes.

o_o
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #517 on: October 25, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2015, 11:29:43 AM by Simfan34 »

BREAKING NEWS: SIMFAN BOARDS FLIGHT TO HONG KONG

PACIFIC GOVERNOR Simfan34 has boarded a plane to Hong Kong, aides have confirmed. The governor boarded Cathay Pacific Flight 873 with his wife, parents, and three children shortly after 11pm, which took off from San Francisco International Airport less than 30 minutes ago, sources report. The governor is said to be flying in First Class.

The news follows a slew of executive orders empowering the region's security forces and reinforcing the state of emergency that has been continuously maintained under his tenure as governor, dating back to the start of the Pacific Emergency, better known by the name of "Operation Rimjob". Aides also confirmed the governor signed a number of additional executive orders before departing, which they hoped to release after clearance by the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command (SAOC), which expected to largely oversee affairs following the governor's departure.

No word has been given on what date the Governor plans to return, but aides insisted that despite the apparent suddenness of his departure, the governor was taking "some well deserved time to decompress with his family" and planned to "visit several locations in Southeast Asia" on what was described as an "extended vacation", including "multiple Aman resorts".

Several radio and local television stations have also reported disruptions in broadcasting, with their programming being replaced with an image of the regional flag and martial music, some of which "seemingly in foreign languages, possibly Asian", but others notable Atlasian military marches like the "Washington Post March" or "King Cotton March".

The kind of seat Governor Simfan34 will be enjoying in Cathay Pacific's First Class
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: October 25, 2015, 11:37:02 PM »

The Office of the Chairman of the SAOC hereby releases the following Executive Orders authorized by the Governor before his departure on vacation:

Executive Order 10-23

Two platoons of Pacific Air National Guardsmen and one platoon of Pacific of Pacific Home Guardsmen are to be permanently stationed around the residence and office, respectively, of Pacific Speaker Classic Conservative, for his own protection, until further notice.

Executive Order 10-24

The Emergency Broadcast System is to be activated pending an address by the Chairman of the SAOC. Patriotic regional imagery and stirring music shall be played in the interim to maintain the spirits of the population.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #519 on: October 25, 2015, 11:39:09 PM »

Heh
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #520 on: October 25, 2015, 11:40:16 PM »

Roll Eyes

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #521 on: October 25, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »

Endorsed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: October 25, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2015, 12:04:34 AM by Simfan34 »

SAOC Executive Order 001

Mr Nagas is hereby requested to report to the Presidio Army Base in San Francisco for questioning concerning his allegations against Senator Lumine von Reuental. Mr Nagas is also invited to attend an attitude-adjustment session* following questioning. Failure to comply with this request within 48 hours will result in Mr Nagas being declared a fugitive from the law.

With regards,
The Communications Bureau of the Executive Council of the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command

*The contents of an attitude-adjustment session may vary, ranging from seminars with Californian and Australian wine, soccer games with military personnel, to... other activities.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: October 26, 2015, 12:08:32 AM »

Further communication shall hereby be conducted in a dedicated thread for the Special Anti-Terrorism Operations Command.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: October 27, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2015, 01:42:22 PM by Simfan34 »

I have resigned. A fuller statement shall be released henceforth. The Executive Council of the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command shall assume the functions of the gubernatorial office due to a lack of alternative legal sucessors.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies