Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62167 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 04, 2016, 12:21:47 AM »

the Adam Griffin-led and SAOC-executed coup against me
Even Simfan's imaginary friends are Labor supporters! Glorious news for the Natural Party of GovernmentTM!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #576 on: March 04, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »

Thank you!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »

It's time to pave the way to a better future. I would be honored to receive your vote in the Legislative Council elections.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #578 on: March 18, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »

Hey, dude. Be sure to swear in as Councillor sometime today. Thanks!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #579 on: March 20, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 01:41:08 PM by Simfan34 »

SIMFAN'S REMARKS ON THE ATTACKS IN THE PACIFIC

Simfan spoke to the press on the attacks earlier today. A transcript of his remarks follows

It was with deep sadness that I heard of the attacks perpetrated by ISIL against the Atlasian Red Cross this week in our own region. It was with with even greater sadness that we heard of the vicious and bigoted attacks by certain individuals against innocent Muslim members of our communities in again, our own region. These attacks against innocent civilians for no reason other than their religion is against everything this nation and our region stands for and we cannot stand for them. Furthermore these attacks against volunteers are an assault against us all. We must respond forcefully and decisively against both these attacks.

As such I praise Governor Bessell's response in utilizing the full breadth of the security forces available to him. This is both the rapid and firm response we need, and the compassionate response we also need in order to stay true to our values.

However we cannot neglect the role our foreign policy has made in making this kind of event possible. I would be remiss to know to not mention this. It is clear that this Administration has not been leading a coherent foreign policy and that the Department of State for quite some time now has been determining foreign policy of its own accord completely autonomous from any other branch of the government. It has pushed a narrow "Judeo-Christian" agenda incompatible with the needs of our foreign policy in the world in the 21st century. I am worried that this agenda has added to the alienation of individuals and certain segments of the Islamic world. Something must be done. I do not wish to criticise the Secretary of State but it is clear that we cannot go on in this manner.

Lastly I must mention the role of our gun laws. It is necessary for us to be honest with ourselves and contemplate in what ways they may have enabled this attack to take place. I think we can see now why this is necessary to institute universal background checks, interpret those on the terrorist watch list from purchasing firearms. While there may be a potential for abuse, the risk is just too great to stand by while such a loophole remains wide open. Together, we can work to stop incidents like these from happening again and move our country and region forward to a safer and stronger future. As Speaker, or a member of the Legislative Council, I hope to work towards these goals, and I intend to join in support with all who share them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #580 on: March 20, 2016, 11:27:54 PM »

There are some issues I hope to address through legislation in the upcoming session, particularly in response to recent events. Some are as follows--

-Harmonizing the police forces of the region into a unified Pacific Regional Police. In times of crisis, organizational cohesiveness is critical, and faced with general fiscal pressures, consolidation and sharing of resources is an essentially necessary efficiency.

-Stopping terrorists and their sympathisers before they can perpetrate or encourage acts of violence in Atlasia or elsewhere. The institution of preventive detention, operated in conformance with the Sixth Amendment, would not much to enable the authorities to stop radical activities while respecting the limits of the Constitution.

-Preventing the imprisoned from becoming hardened criminals and repeat offenders. Regardless of whether one believes the objective of the criminal justice system should be to rehabilitate or to punish those who have committed crimes, it can be agreed that it should not create or entrench a mindset of criminality within offenders. This major shortcoming of our system must be addressed, and measures must be taken to reduce this propensity and have fewer convicts leave prison as career criminals rather than citizens.

-In this vein, abolishing for-profit prisons is also a necessary measure. Much if not most of public policy is about incentives and disincentives-- and for-profit prisons have a clear interest in maximises the number of inmates, which creates a perverse incentive to imprison as many people as possible. As mentioned, imprisonment today too often results in the propagation, rather than curtailment, of criminality, and the criminal justice system does not exist to create criminals. This incentive, as such, should be eliminated.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:04 AM »

Simfan, are you governor now or just speaker? What has happened to the region? I thought we all fixed it during my reign.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »

Simfan, are you governor now or just speaker? What has happened to the region? I thought we all fixed it during my reign.
Ted Bessell is governor.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »

I'm Governor. Simfan is Speaker.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #584 on: October 20, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »

Fellow Atlasians,

I am no longer at the front line of our country's politics. One might even say I am retired. But I would like to break my silence in order to make a very important endorsement. I will-- for once-- be brief.

In the upcoming presidential election, there is only one candidate with experience nearly as long as Atlasia's history itself.  Despite our differences in the past., it is clear that he is by far and away the most qualified candidate in this election and more than prepared to lead this country moving forward.

I therefore am proud to endorse North Carolina Yankee for President.

Simfan34
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #585 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:08 PM »

I want to thank the Fmr. Governor for his strong support. We have not always agreed on everything, but in Simfan particularly when he was Senator, I found someone whose commitment to issues was profound.

I am reminded of a time in late 2012. We proved that we could work together on issues such as immigration, education, and technology, issues where the economic impact is profound and where the opportunities for working together were immense. I remember us working together to increase immigration of skilled workers, to improve the education system, to reward merit, and if I remember correctly we even passed a Dream Act during that term, which we expanded to include veterans as well.

As Game Moderator, Simfan showed both the necessity of realistic reporting of policy consequences and the problem posed by meddling and resistance to the work of Game Moderator. Just as I did for many other Game Moderators, from Purple State, to Adam Griffin, to Clyde, I have always encouraged and defended Game Moderator creativity from the push back of critics.

I am proud to have his support and I hope to be able to count on his advise from time to time on the issues mentioned above as well as many others.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2016, 04:04:01 PM »

Can someone please explain what is going on? The wiki is not really up to date. So Blair is President? Yankee will take office in January? Who is VP? What are the main parties? Who controls the federal and state legislatures?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2016, 10:39:55 PM »

Can someone please explain what is going on? The wiki is not really up to date. So Blair is President? Yankee will take office in January? Who is VP? What are the main parties? Who controls the federal and state legislatures?

who gives a sh**t anymore tbh
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2016, 10:44:05 PM »

Yes, yes, Yankee, Feds and Labor, Labor (Federal, North, West) Feds (South)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #589 on: March 18, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »

Yes, yes, Yankee, Feds and Labor, Labor (Federal, North, West) Feds (South)

Thank you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: July 13, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »

Hello, everyone!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #591 on: July 13, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »

Greetings!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #592 on: July 13, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #593 on: July 25, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »

Former Governor Simfan is pleased to announce his return to regular political analysis and a larger role in public life. Statement to follow.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #594 on: July 25, 2019, 09:37:16 AM »

Welcome back!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #595 on: July 25, 2019, 10:39:45 AM »

Former Governor Simfan is pleased to announce his return to regular political analysis and a larger role in public life. Statement to follow.

This welcome news will be to the benefit of all.

This is truly a banner day in the history of this republic.

Welcome back to one of my favorite Atlasians of all time.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #596 on: July 25, 2019, 11:14:44 AM »

Hi there!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #597 on: July 25, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »

Welcome back! I am very glad to see you return to Atlasia.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #598 on: July 25, 2019, 10:01:18 PM »

welcome back
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: October 21, 2019, 03:00:49 PM »

I intend to respond to my being deprived of my constitutional right to vote, firstly to ascertain if legal action would have merit.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies