Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62715 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »

It is an invitation for economic disaster and global misery, that's what it is.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

It is an invitation for economic disaster and global misery, that's what it is.

Could you explain how a report will lead to economic disaster and global misery?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »

THE PEOPLE'S DEBATE

Sen. Simfan34 looks at his computer at the questions that will inevitably be asked.

Let's have a debate. There is one candidate: me. There are many moderators: you. I am open to any question, any question, and will answer each and every one of them. Grill me for being too soft on Napoleon. Roast me for being too harsh. Ask me why I haven't proposed any of my bills. Inquire if I eat babies. Anything and everything is fair game.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2012, 05:30:18 PM »

I love this format! The most important questions do not come from a talking head, but from The People themselves. They will tell you what is on their minds unfiltered!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »

As a known social conservative, why have you sided with the LGBT community in your support of the LGBT Dignity act and went against religious freedom?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »

As a known social conservative, why have you sided with the LGBT community in your support of the LGBT Dignity act and went against religious freedom?

I'd hardly call that legislation "against religious freedom."
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2012, 07:28:35 PM by Simfan34 »

As a country predicated on the principles of equality and the right to the equal enjoyment of liberties, the lack of the right of gay people to have their sexuality respected runs counter to those principles. In a time where a farce is made of the institutions of marriage, both religious and civil, it seems disingenuous to deny men and women, who are comfortable with themselves, to be categorically denied to the right to be treated with respect.

What you deem religious freedom is in itself a categorical denial of the rights of others; look at your question, for one thing. Why have I sided with the LGBT community? Because I want their liberties to be respected. I am an ardent supporter of religious freedom, and a traditionalist, but I do not think that extends to the right to oppress other people and suppress their identity. I think you can agree with me no interpretation of freedom could possible include such things. 

Let's keep the questions coming in!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »

I see this as an attack on religious instituitions abilities to serve those who want to seek the faith route out of such a lifestyle.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »

I see this as an attack on religious institutions abilities to serve those who want to seek the faith route out of such a lifestyle.

The bill was amended, if I recall properly, and I'm sure I do, to exclude voluntary self help groups and "ex-gay" ministries, associations, and so forth. We made a specific provision for those, who, as you put it "want to seek the faith route out of such a 'lifestyle'." Of course, I refute the idea homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, but we specifically chose to allow those who deem it so and want to attempt to change that aspect about themselves to be free to do so. I had my concerns about the bill, much along the lines you put forward, but the amended bill addressed those concerns adequately, in my mind, and I don't see why it shouldn't for you.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. A conversation with constituents.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »

I see this as an attack on religious instituitions abilities to serve those who want to seek the faith route out of such a lifestyle.

You sound like this. Please stop.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:18 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2012, 09:00:51 PM by Simfan34 »

I'd think you would have question for me... on the Trade Review Commission perhaps? Tongue

Also I actually feel dumber for watching that. I feel as if I have had been punched in the head and hit my bishop in the process.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »

My vote for you in the special election will translate into some top 5 preference in the upcoming election. You are highly intelligent, moderate and the only TPP candidate as well. I'm glad to have cast my ballot for you.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2012, 09:15:16 PM »

I'd think you would have question for me... on the Trade Review Commission perhaps? Tongue

Also I actually feel dumber for watching that. I feel as if I have had been punched in the head and hit my bishop in the process.

Why, of course I do. Why, instead of stridently objecting to a committee presenting a report, did you not merely demand to be seated on said committee and thus block any, what was your term, "protectionist reactionism and amoral Randian objectivism"?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2012, 09:47:10 PM by Simfan34 »

My vote for you in the special election will translate into some top 5 preference in the upcoming election. You are highly intelligent, moderate and the only TPP candidate as well. I'm glad to have cast my ballot for you.

Many thanks for your (upcoming) vote and kind words!

Why, of course I do. Why, instead of stridently objecting to a committee presenting a report, did you not merely demand to be seated on said committee and thus block any, what was your term, "protectionist reactionism and amoral Randian objectivism"?

Glad you asked. I agree that the committee will likely not have much of a direct effect of things. I'm far more concerned about the message it send to markets, governments, and peoples,  both at home and abroad. From my perspective, setting up a committee that does what bill would have it do- "reevaluate" trade agreements and aid disbursements- send the message that Atlasia is willing to renege on its dealings with other nations, even if we don't have any intention of actually doing so.

The simple indication that we are considering the possibility is enough to send shock waves through global financial markets and inject uncertainty into our economy, worrying foreign and domestic investors alike that getting involved in the Atlasian economy is a risky proposition if the spectre of a canceled trade deal looms over the project. I come from a business background, and I can tell you if a risk like that exists, a company won't invest. Now I know "investment" brings forth the image of vague finance and manipulating money markets and the like, but I'm talking about real, concrete involvement. Factories, services, even retail- much of that comes from abroad. We've been seeing a nascent "reshoring" trend with manufacturing as of late, and I'd like to see that continue. Such uncertainties would all but obliterate that progress.

The same goes for Atlasian business abroad- if companies think the conditions that allow them to do business there won't exist a year or two down the line, they'll close up shop or not enter at all. Even domestically, if they think less trade will occur, the same will happen. This would create economic uncertainty across the world, not to mention Atlasia. All because companies see a reasonable possibility of trade agreements being overturned.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2012, 08:30:53 PM by Simfan34 »

The People's Debate continues, but in order to better serve my constituents, I shall not be running for reelection. After the end of this term I shall take up the post of the John L. Weinberg/Goldman Sachs & Co. Visiting Professor at Princeton University, and work as a consultant for the shipbuilding industry.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »

Sad You made some bold stands that made you a controversial, but not an unpopular Senator. Whether they agreed in the end or not, I know I speak for many in saying that you were passionate and had clear beliefs. It's unfortunate that we will not see the intriguing referendum on such a style. While I hope you will re-consider, I wish you the best in your future career!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »

Thanks for your tenure as a Senator, Simfan- you are one of the smartest guys on this board...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

Thanks for your service Simfan34!  Hopefully you will return to public life soon Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »

That sounds amazing! Smiley Congratulations on your new job!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »

Have you found it different to serve in the Senate compared to the regional Assembly ?

You were active, gave your viewpoint and proposed legislation which are good qualities for a senator. Thank you for your service.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:47 PM »

Wait, you aren't running??
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »

I urge you to reconsider, but I'll respect whatever decision you come to.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »

I endorse all incumbents, with the obvious exception of myself, for re-election in the upcoming election. To that I shall also endorse Franzl.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »

I know The People have questions!!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »

I endorse all incumbents, with the obvious exception of myself, for re-election in the upcoming election. To that I shall also endorse Franzl.

Thank you, Simfan. I will do my best to (continue to) serve The People.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies