Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:57:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62580 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2016, 04:02:53 PM by Simfan34 »

Here's my office! It's very nice, isn't it? Well, welcome! Would you like a gin and tonic? You don't drink? Just the ginger then? No carbonated beverages? Well, I'll get you a mineral water then. You know, I went to school with a girl who didn't drink carbonated beverages. She's an engineer now.... ah, where was I? Oh yes.  Wait just a minute-

Yes, Adelaide? You want to visit your friend? Sure you can! Where does she live? Cupertino!? That's quite aways from here. No, I don't think so. She says you can sleep over? Have you talked to your mother? Well talk to her again. Whatever she says, goes. Be sure to bring your toothbrush, if you do go. No, I'm not saying your breath smells; I just forget my toothbrush a lot myself.

-well, erm, sorry about all that. So what were we talking about. Yes, our official business:
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 04:53:36 PM by Simfan34 »

Simfan34 on fact-finding mission to Ethiopia

Northeast Lt. Governor Simfan34 has agreed to lead a diplomatic fact-finding mission to Ethiopia on behalf of the Department of External Affairs. The Lt. Governor was chosen for this mission due to his immense experiences in dealing with Africa in general and East Africa in particular.

On the mission, the Lt. Governor shall meet with business, civic, and ministerial leaders from throughout the country, observing the progress made towards economic liberalization, national development, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), and democratization, amongst other aims. This is also made more pressing due to the ongoing absence of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, which the Lt. Governor shall attempt to gain a better picture of.

The Lt. Governor shall leave for Ethiopia on 6 August, and spend over two weeks in the country, returning to Atlasia on the 23rd. The Lt. Governor, in addition to the capital Addis Ababa, shall visit the cities of Adama (Nazret), Debre Zeit, Awassa, Dire Dawa, Bahir Dar, and Mekelle. It is planned for him to meet Ethiopian President Girma Woldegiorgis and Deputy Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn.

The Lt. Governor is currently in Nyman preparing for the fact finding mission. He can be reached at the Mandarin Oriental hotel.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:29:58 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 12:42:36 PM by Simfan34 »

I would like to announce that I shall be running for another term as Northeast Assemblyman. Serving has been an honor,  I am not retiring, mind you.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »

I would like to announce that I shall be running for another term as Northeast Assemblyman. Serving has been an honor,  I am not retiring, mind you.

Good luck - good officeholders deserve to be re-elected. Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »

Endorsed, despite the Whiggishness.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »

I'm also running for lt gov again.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »

Man, your daughter's name is Adelaide.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »

Don't forget Alexandra, and Alastair.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »

You are one aristocratic SOB, I'll give you that. That is one sick office too. I'm guessing it's some hundred acre estate somewhere in the more wooded areas of the North-East. Including stables, a boat house (and a large lake!), an observatory, and some other extravagances.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »

I am pleased to endorse you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 08:05:50 AM by Simfan34 »

You are one aristocratic SOB, I'll give you that. That is one sick office too. I'm guessing it's some hundred acre estate somewhere in the more wooded areas of the North-East. Including stables, a boat house (and a large lake!), an observatory, and some other extravagances.

Alas, it's a townhouse in New York. 163 East 64th Street. Let's take a look around! (Here's a floor plan)

The drawing room.

The bar.

The dining room.

My bedroom.

Rear parlor.

Rooftop garden.

There is also a place upstate that more closely fits your description and a place in Long Island, but I'll get to those another time. There also used to be a place in Philadelphia, but I sold that a few years ago.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »

Bourgeoisie.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »

You have my support as well.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »

I've just boarded the flight to Addis Ababa and I'm pleased to say I intend to let my record run for itself on this campaign. I regret being too busy serving Atlasia to focus on my constituents in the Northeast.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »

Endorsed, although I don't live in the Northeast region.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »

If re-reelected as Assemblyman, I intend to promote a progressive programme of substance reform, universal housing, support for renewable energy, tax reform, and supporting the construction of our new capital, in addition to my strong conservative credentials with which you are all familiar.

I can assure you this is not contradictory in the least.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 09:50:49 PM by His Most Serene Excellency Simfan34 »

If re-reelected as Assemblyman elected as Governor, I intend to promote a progressive programme of substance reform, universal housing, support for renewable energy, tax reform, and supporting the construction of our new capital, in addition to my strong conservative credentials with which you are all familiar.

I can assure you this is not contradictory in the least. I will stand for personal liberties and traditional values- because our traditional values are personal liberties.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »

Endorsed
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 10:50:53 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 10:58:20 PM by His Most Serene Excellency Simfan34 »

Thank you, Governor. Your endorsement means much to me. I intend to take questions, once more, please please ask, but let me say something on education.

It's high time we reoriented our education system. We in recent years have allowed standards and qualities to grow soft, our methods to grow unfocused. No, I am not simply suggesting we issue more vouchers or administer more tests or have more Asian-style rote memorization. Our People deserve better. What we need to do is return to the basics, make what is old new again. Many of us have heard the old adage of "reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic". These are the building blocks of any education system- that our students can read, write, and calculate well- and yet it is where we do the worst. We spend too much time focusing on the higher applications, advanced concepts, whilst our students understand neither and thus internalize neither as well. I am putting forth a five point plan on reforming education.

"BACK TO BASICS" - THE SIMFAN PLAN FOR EDUCATION

• ADOPT THE COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS The CCSS provides a strong framework for adopting a strong educational system based upon strong understanding of fundamental concepts.
  • TRANSITION TO A YEAR-ROUND SCHOOL SCHEDULE- A year round school schedule would prevent the summer "brain drain", allow for more balanced schedules in students, allow schools to save on maintenance costs, and result in improved preformance for students, particularly those from at risk backgrounds. I will leave it to The People whether a programme with a moderately longer schedule (15-20 days) or one with the extant ~180 days should be adopted.
  • IMPROVE TEACHER QUALITY THROUGH SPECIFIC BENCHMARKS- these being; allow teachers to identify poorly preforming colleagues and focus upon those individuals through either termination or improvement; establish specific academic requirements (e.g., GPA, GSAT scores) for hiring; create better systems for skill retention and (re)training; allow for merit-based pay, limit the protections of tenure
  • BRING IN PROFESSIONALS-We should have a system whereas teachers should be brought into their professional fields to teach our students, that is to say, engineers teaching physics, statisticians teaching statistics, and so forth. To allow this to function and for perhaps efficient "part-time" teaching, consider professional "teaching aides" to grade and so forth.
  • FOCUS ON ACADEMICS, NOT ATHLETICS-While an athlete myself in high school, for many schools allowing for strong athletics means putting academics and extracurriculars on the financial backburner, and many of our students suffer as a result due to cancelled language programs, music, arts, and so forth. By setting a specific limit (I will do research into this and put forth a specific number, quote me on that) on athletic spending, and indeed, putting forth "sample budgets", we can help districts allocate resources efficiently and in ways that meaningfully help our students.

By following this programme, our region, and our People, can move forwards.

Also, as Governor, my first Executive Order would be to rename the office of Governor of the Northeast Region to Governor for the People of the Northeast Region.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 01:09:58 AM by Smid »

I would like to host a fundraising cocktail party for your campaign at my farm in Vermont.

We could set up a nice white marquee out on the lawn.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:17 AM »

I would be most honored to have such an event held for my benefit and in my honor, Smid. Please attach pictures of this farm so we may begin planning. I will forward them to my sister-in-law, Taylor. She is an expert in such things.

Question for all candidates:

How do you believe your past activity levels qualify you for an elected position?  Do you promise to be an active official if you are victorious?  How can the Northeast people be assured?

Certainly, I have had limited activity in recent weeks, and this is undeniable as your question's transparency, but my prior record shows a strong legacy of active participation and contribution to our region and The People unmatched by most of its officeholders. Looking at that record, I think that is more than enough assurance for Northeasterners.

But what kind of question is the second one? No, I promise to be an inactive official. Tongue

Okay! Smiley. First question, I know your position, Senator, but to other candidates, how will you work to stimulate activity in the region?

Well, I have speculated on the idea of a universal assembly and whilst I am not giving it my full endorsement I think today, with all the technology we have at our fingertips, this kind of direct democracy is feasible enough to merit consideration. Less radically, but along the same lines, I think involving The People in more of government would help, putting more issues to referenda, directly electing the Lt. Governor, and similar things. I think the present Administration has also helped in that regard though its pro-activity initiatives; the fact they have made me own up to inactivity is a sign of their potency. If elected, I will continue the strong line that Governor Nix has taken.

Question for all Assembly candidates and gubernatorial candidates only:

What would you propose to the upcoming budget?  Should any significant changes be made from the last one?  If you are elected to the Assembly, would you seek a spot on the Budget Committee?

Our current budget is good, but unspecific, and therefore speaking about in specificity is difficult to do. I might set the top rate at 6.5% for those earning $250,000 or more, but I would also lower the diesel tax to 75 cents a gallon (in line with regular gasoline, it is more efficient after all, why do we disincentiveise that?) and trim some waste in the "Economic development" field- what is that, really?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 12:54:33 PM by Simfan34 »

“On Recent Events”

Friends, Northeasterners, Atlasians,

The time has come for me to explain my sudden and unexpected changes in affiliation to you all, as a prominent office holder and hitherto a leading member of Whig Party, not to say its founder. I will drop the usual pretense of the physical and external reality of Atlasia and speak forthrightly to you all; that is to say, type and explain my actual motivations as opposed to leaderly pontificating.

As you surely all know, certainly by reading the former announcements put forth by my office, I spent much of the month of August in the service of Atlasia on a fact-finding mission to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, and certainly there were many facts to be found, as its prime minister for the past two decades, Meles Zenawi, died just as I was about to leave the country. This limited my ability to participate in the functioning of our government and the general goings-on of the nation. Importantly, I lost a connection to its affairs, a distance between them and I emerged.

Going on to pursue further education involved a major shift in how I lived my life, both how it was focused and how I spent my time. I find myself with less idle time than in the past, both due to work requirements and greater social opportunities than in time past. This is very much a good thing, but it means I have less time to leisurely browse around the halls of Atlasia’s capitols and peruse the opinions of its thinkers and polemicists. This is in general terms.

Specifically, I found myself losing interest in a way, that detachment of just a month and a half making it somewhat less attractive to fall into the routine of a regional Assemblyman. I take great pride in serving the People of the Northeast Region, but something needed to change if I was to continue serving with my faculties fully engaged. I needed to “shake things up”, to put it informally.

Now, I have taken great pride in observing and at times leading the growth of the Whig Party. But I think it is reached an impasse, a failure to broaden its base and parlay it into a vehicle for national victory, a fault I bear no small part for. This to an extent is true of the Labor Party, but that is not my concern. While MCPR-IB-Whig collaboration offered us a way to that greater electoral success, but that too reached an impasse and is essentially defunct with the MCPR’s dissolution, indeed, I always preferred a direct merger. But when losing interest, it is difficult to maintain a steadfast loyalty to a stagnant party. But the Liberals were the wrong choice.

So I am glad to find myself in The Peoples’ Party, which I think is a good fit for me. I regret waiting this long to jump into the Northeastern Gubernatorial race, which I had intended to run in, and I am at a disadvantage. But I find myself excited once more about Atlasia, which is what I had wanted all along. So I’m glad to be back, and I hope to make this a race.

Faithfully yours,
Simfan34
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 12:48:48 PM »

Endorsed. What about appearance on The Pingvin Report?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »

I would be honored.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »

I hope to serve the people in the assembly once more! (True story: the letters pe produce peerage on my autocomplete.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies