Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:05:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62493 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 06:18:35 AM »

Endorsed for first preference.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »

Above yourself?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 07:04:45 AM »

I dropped out already.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »

Oh. I didn't know. Many thanks! Is there still an open slot on the Pingvin Report?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »

Of course Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 10:31:55 AM by Simfan34 »

Today's schedule: Friday, October 26

Simfan34's supporters spooned split pea soup, munched Verlasso salmon, and sipped mimosas as spoke about his "ideas-based campaign" at the historic Hotel du Pont in Wilmington.

8:30am
10:00am
2:30pm
5:30pm
7:30pm
Attending a fundraiser breakfast at the Hotel du Pont, Wilmington, DE
Visiting preformers at the Opera Delaware, Wilmington, DE
Touring the Inova Biomechanical Research Laboratory, Falls Church, VA
Hosting a town hall meeting at John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Attending a fundraiser dinner at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Nyman, D.C.

I intend to propose a new piece of legislation at the town hall meeting at Johns Hopkins later today.

I shall be staying at the Mandarin Oriental, which I checked into last night.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 06:08:54 PM by Simfan34 »

Simfan34 spoke today at Shriver Hall at John Hopkins University to an audience of faculty and students, proposing innovative new legislation to achieve substantial education reform.

It a pleasure to be here today at John Hopkins University, and I'm thankful you were able to arrange this on such short notice. So far, I've spoken for the need for change, reform. Well today I'd like to tackle teacher quality.

Sadly, the quality of our teachers in Atlasia has been lacking in recent decades. Less than 20% of all teachers today rank in the top third of their graduating classes. The majority of ours come from the bottom third. In contrast, those countries that preform well draw their teachers from the top 10% of their class. In Singapore, one out of every eight applicants for a teaching position are accepted. Why can't we be one of those countries?

In some cases, we are. In New York, the Teaching Fellows program has submits teachers to rigorous training and selection- one out of ten are accepted. A full 15-20% of Ivy League students now go into Teach for Atlasia, and some 2/3rds stay in the profession. These are great steps forward, and we should implement them on a wider scale. We need a professional teaching force. It is for that for that reason I am proposing

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Additionally, I propose;

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is my belief that we can see dramatic improvements in teacher quality if we pass these bills. In New York graduating members of the Teaching Fellows program in just 2007 now compose one third of the district's teachers. We can see these effects in Atlasia as a whole, if we can pass these bills in time.

Thank you, and Dave bless you.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »

While I agree wholeheartedly, you really gave a speech about how dumb teachers are here in front of teachers?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »

While I agree wholeheartedly, you really gave a speech about how dumb teachers are here in front of teachers?

Professors at a top-20 institution, quite the difference.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »

My friends- are they listening?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2012, 07:08:02 PM by PRAYIN' FOR A ROMNEYCANE? »

Assemblyman, could you share your positions on some of the bills being debated in the Senate right now?

I would.

Yesterday's schedule: Saturday, October 27

Simfan34 took questions from Virginians at a town hall meeting in Charlottesville.

7:30am
8:15am
11:30am

2:30pm

8:00pm
11:30pm
Flight from Mondale National Airport to Richmond International Airport, VA
Having a  breakfast open house at Buzz and Neds restaurant, Richmond, VA
Hosting a town hall meeting at the Main Street Arena, Charlottesville, VA: "Facing the 21st Century Head-on"
Reception for students and faculty at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Reception and speech for local officeholders and notables at the Hotel Roanoke, Roanoke, VA
Attending a fundraiser dinner at the Greenbrier Resort, White Sulphur Springs, WV
Retire at the Greenbrier Resort, White Sulphur Springs, WV

At the town hall meeting in Charlottesville, Simfan34 spoke on immigration:

"Atlasia has thrived off of immigration. Many of our greatest minds: Einstein, Gershwin, Tesla, came from abroad- they were especially motivated by the opportunity the Atlasia provided. It pains be indescribably to see bright young minds in our universities be sent home, against their will, because they couldn't get a visa or green card. And there are those that go home because they think opportunity is better there, that Atlasiawon't have them, and then those who can't even ever come over here. We lose those people. Today, competitiveness is about having the best people, the greatest minds, the most innovation, on your side, in your company or country, and here we are not letting them be in our country. We need to change that.  We need to staple green cards to international students' diplomas, we need to dramatically increase the amount of H-1B visas we grant, we need to say to people with advanced degrees 'we want you here'.  For example, most of the large recipients of H-1B visas are Indian IT companies. They want their workers here. They want to be close to the hubs of global business. Think of the jobs we're losing out of by sending them home.

And then we have illegal immigration. We need to stop that; it harms the already fragile economy and saps political capital for increasing the sorts of legitimate immigration I spoke of. I personally find the idea of a border wall repugnant- it goes against what it stands for. But we need to stop the tide of illegal immigration, and if it involves a wall, then we will build a wall. I hope it won't come to that.

I don't want to see a bifurcated society. I don't want people who had no say over their journey in life, when they were so young, they had no say over it, to find themselves trapped without opportunity or education. I don't think that's right"

Speech in Chattanooga: "Every city a gig city"

Today's schedule: Sunday, October 28

Simfan34 met with students at the University of North Carolina and spoke about his plans for Atlasia, particularly in education reform.

9:00am
11:30am
4:30pm
8:00pm

11:00pm
Services at St. Charles' Catholic Church, White Sulphur Springs, VA
Golfing at the Greenbrier Country Club, White Sulphur Springs, VA
Flight from Greenbrier Valley Airport, WV to Durham Airport, NC
Speech at the University of North Carolina's business school, Chapel Hill, NC
Private dinner with Chancellor Holden Thorpe of the University of North Carolina and Duke University President Richard H. Brodhead at Bin 54 restaurant, Chapel Hill, NC
Retire at the UNC McLean Hall, Chapel Hill, NC
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »

Endorsed first preference.

You will make a fine Senator.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »

Many thanks, Gov. Winfield. Due to inclement weather campaigning has been suspended for the past two days, but shall resume on Wednesday.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2012, 11:54:43 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2012, 11:59:26 PM by Simfan34 »

My fellow Atlasians-

I shan't lie to you; I have no idea whether I've won or lost. I'm cautiously optimistic, at the last time someone counted up votes, Spamage was ahead by one, he gained one while I gained three votes, so perhaps I've won, and with SoS saying he's lost, it seems fairly probable. But yet again I or anyone else may be wrong, so we'll just wait and see. I am not banking on a victory here.

Simfan34
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »

I would hope you've waged correctly.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2012, 12:36:43 AM by Simfan34 »

A STATEMENT FROM SIMFAN34

Good evening, my fellow Atlasians. Let me begin, before everything, with a word for my supporters This as our effort, our work, all of us, and I'm glad that so many of you came out in support of my campaign, listened to what I had to say, volunteered. Well, I suppose I shan't linger, I shan't pontificate, and I would like to give you all my heartfelt appreciation and gratitude for all you've done throughout the course of this campaign.

Now, as you may know, I have decided to contest the results of the Senate election. The reason for this is simple- I believe votes cast in my favor have been erroneously invalidated. Looking at the election from a layman's perspective, I have won- going about our system I should be in a two-vote lead. However, the provisional results do not agree- those two votes have been deemed invalid. This is where I and the Department of Federal Elections must digress.

One vote, that of NCYankee, has been deemed invalid because of the fact it was cast after the polls were closed, the SoFE states. Yet precedent shows that the use of the term "EDT", assumedly "Eastern Daylight Time", has been irregular and at times erroneous. It seems highly odd to cast out his vote singularly while many other votes in prior elections, by that standard, would be considered valid

Another vote, that of DC Al Fine, has been deemed invalid, this time because he was supposedly not registered in time for the election. Yet it seems that the information given with the ballot clearly indicated that he could take for granted the fact that he was eligible to vote. I quote, "if your name appears on the Census list, you can presume you are eligible." He had been told to make that presumption by the SoFE- and now the SoFE says he was wrong in doing so. That does not seem to be in any way legally valid or even just.

There is also the issue of OAM's vote, which had two second preferences. In most other jurisdictions his vote would be deemed spoilt and invalidated. Yet the SoFE has chosen to accept it. This too seems irregular. The 2004 Supreme Court case Akno v. Fritz ruled that "For any vote to be valid, there must be no doubt as to the intent of the voter," and there is very much a doubt as to the intent of OAM.

Now I hold the SoFE in the highest regard, and his service to our country is unmatched by any other contemporary. If that is not enough to dispel any thought I am alleging conspiracy, I need only remind you the SoFE gave me his first preference. But the people of Atlasia have spoken, and it has been in our favour, and I seek only to rectify an incorrect assessment of that mandate.

Thank you, and Dave bless you.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »

Congradulation
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »

VICTORY SPEECH- Prospect Park, Brooklyn, New York

My friends,

Let begin by simply telling you how overjoyed I am to be standing before you today. I shall admit I did not think there was much chance of this happening. But here we are, standing here tonight, out in the snow, at this victory we have achieved- together! Let me once more thank, a million times, all my supporters and followers who made this victory possible.

Let me thank those who, in the early days of the campaign, encouraged me to run for the Senate. Let me thank those who gave me their endorsements and joined me on the campaign trail. Let me thank those, when the result was up in the air, encouraged me to persevere and fight for the right result- and were they right! Let me thank all those who voted for me, all the volunteers, and all who gave me their support.

Now I know this election was close, perhaps closer than any other before in this nation’s history—don’t quote me on that, although that shall be a futile request! Let me thank, then, my opponents for the dynamic ideas they introduced into this campaign.

Let me give particular consideration to Governor Spamage, who I believe shall advance the interest of The People and The People's Party well and to the most of his ability throughout his career. Let me say this- I hold no animosity or resentment towards you. I have instead the highest of respect and admiration for your service for both Party and Country.

The same goes for Snowstalker, who I look forward to serving with in the Senate.

So let me not delay; I shan't linger, I shan't pontificate, and I would like to give you all my heartfelt appreciation and gratitude for all you've done throughout the course of this campaign. And now let us get down to the business of legislating.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »

You fought twice for what you believed in and you came out victorious. You have been vested with the power you've earned and I wish you the best! Smiley Congratulations!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »

I too would like to query the President's actions.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:43 PM »

Senator Simfan34 earlier today.

The president's intransigence is becoming increasingly frustrating.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »

The Trade Agreement Re-Evaluation Committee Act manages to somehow hurt everyone on the entire planet. Amazing yet horrifying.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »

I understand attacking me is very much the popular thing to do, but frankly, your recent actions in the Senate boil down to "I can't believe this is even an argument" when the Senate is pretty clearly divided on a bill, and "how dare we even look at the policies we have in place to see where we can improve."
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

I understand attacking me is very much the popular thing to do, but frankly, your recent actions in the Senate boil down to "I can't believe this is even an argument" when the Senate is pretty clearly divided on a bill, and "how dare we even look at the policies we have in place to see where we can improve."

But the Senate is not divided. We passed the Dream Act. We passed the Late Term Abortion Restriction Act. We passed the Right Wages for the Right Regions Act. We called for swift disaster relief. But through your actions- veto or not, none of those have come to fruition. We had our debates in the house. We took our votes. How can you say that we haven't looked at our policies and made that introspection?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2012, 07:43:45 PM »

The Trade Agreement Re-Evaluation Committee Act manages to somehow hurt everyone on the entire planet. Amazing yet horrifying.

Dude. It's a goddamn report. A piece of paper containing recommendations. Do you have any idea what it actually is?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies