Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:03:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62166 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »

Simfan, even the Federalist VP we had supported TNF.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

I wasn't really aware of that... what race? Matt is in the NE and TNF is in the MW, no?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

I wasn't really aware of that... what race? Matt is in the NE and TNF is in the MW, no?

Dallasfan is in the NE too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

Dallasfan is in the NE too.

I know that.

I believe Matt was the sole Federalist to support TNF's reelection bid in February, even voting for the party to endorse him over Rooney.

Yeah, that doesn't really follow. This is why the party need direction?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »

Watch this space.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »

I already stated in on my office thread, but endorsed!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »

So, Apparently I'm Running for Governor...

When I woke up this morning I had no plans for running for any office in the immediate future. So I was surprised to find that by this afternoon, not only was I the leading candidate to be next Pacific Governor, but I had even been endorsed by outgoing Gov. Cranberry! So things have  gotten off on a rather... unusual start. But I like it! If only all races were like this.

So why vote for me? I plan to stay on the reformist track set by Governor Cranberry. I will continue efforts to grow the region.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2014, 09:26:25 PM »

A PEOPLE-ORIENTED POLICY
March 12, 2014 - San Francisco

My fellow Atlasians, I have been overjoyed by the news that The People's Party has once again returned to our land, just as I have. What this means is that The People's champions have returned, that this country of ours has had this crucial voice return to the stage. What we are trying to do now is the same thing we have done before- advance the interests of all of The People.

Even though The Party is returning only now, The People have been well-represented in the time before hand. Our last three Presidents, including the present President, Duke, have been amongst The People. Of the last eight presidents, five have been amongst The People. What this means is that The People, all along, have truly been in control. So why, you might ask, is The Party necessary at all? The Party should and must return at this point because the voice of The People cannot remain a whisper! I have heard the whispers in the wind, and so have many others of us who have been amongst The People. But we cannot merely whisper, indeed, we must shout the will of The People from the highest rooftops, the lowest canyons, the meanest streets. The People must be heard anywhere and everywhere!

Some say The Party is left wing, some say it right wing. They are wrong. The Party transcends traditional notions of "right" and "left"- serving The People does not indicate a sort of partisan lean! We stand firmly for choice and liberty, for the right for The People to determine the manner in which they live their lives- and this means choosing whom and how they love, but also the freedom to choose how and where they work. It means freeing The People from the tyranny of both the boss and the foreman, and to exchange one mean regime for another. It means The People must reign supreme.

Thus, The Party supports what advances the welfare and liberty of The People, and opposes what constrains it. I, and all of those in The Party, are at the mere disposal of enforcing and preserving the will of The People- to the ends of the Earth if need be! That is our policy, one fully oriented and focused on The People; not one segment thereof, nor merely those who are in The Party, but all The People.

Thank you, and long live The People!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2014, 12:31:19 AM »

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2014, 12:45:08 AM »

Although I'm trying to refrain from publicly endorsing anyone while SoIA, you would be a good governor. We need an active, reasoned voice in the Pacific, and I know you will offer that. Best of luck.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »

Endorsed, and long live The People!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2014, 01:37:21 PM »

Anyway, I have a little plan to help our energy sector, to reduce emissions, lower costs, and create jobs.

1. Build new hydroelectric plants, modernise existing ones, and install hydroelectric stations at existing dams.

It is estimated that there exists 65,000 MW of untapped hydroelectric potential in undeveloped our rivers and streams, not including those in protected areas. There is up to 12,000 MW of viable generation from existing dams without hydroelectric stations. So the fears of large dams marring the land would remain at bay.

For the sake of comparison we currently produce 96,000 MW of hydroelectric power at president. Overall, there is up to 400,000 MW of feasible hydroelectric potential, of which we could add easily add 60,000 MW to generation by 2025, which would create 1.4 million jobs, and could add upwards of $100 billion to our economy. Levelised costs would be competitive with coal and much of gas, and drastically lower than offshore wind or solar. Therefore incentivising and promoting the growth of hydroelectric plants.

Source for prices: http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/aeo/pdf/electricity_generation.pdf

2. Mass expansion of nuclear power

Firstly it should be established that nuclear power is safe. No one died because of radiation from Three Mile Island. No one died because of radiation from Fukushima Dai-ichi. The risks of nuclear are grossly exaggerated. Environmental groups are in an “unholy alliance” with fossil fuel producers in resisting nuclear energy.

With that aside, nuclear power is cheap, emission-free, and it is drastically more affordable than much of the renewable technologies. France converted to 80% nuclear power in a span of 20 years while tripling consumption, without any great sense of urgency, with urgency today we have the capability to convert very quickly. We must support the construction of nuclear plants, fast-track approvals, provide liability limitations, preferential financing rates, since many investors consider the returns to be too long-term. The benefits far, far outweigh the costs. We should add 100,000 MW of nuclear capacity by 2025-30. By building so much, we can drive down construction costs due to magnitudes of scale.

3. Stop focusing on wind and solar

Wind and solar can be useful, yes. But wind power, while somewhat cost-competitive, is unsightly and produces a low amount of power, around 1-3MW, per turbine, meaning that we must cover the land with wind turbines if we want to produce any significant amount. The same goes for solar, except it is three times as expensive. They can play a role, but relying on them to cut emissions- and raise costs- is counterproductive and will be fiercely resisted.

4. Phase out coal in favor of natural gas

Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner than coal. Many coal plants can be converted to run on natural gas. We should incentivise the rapid phase-out of coal power production in favor of natural gas by 2025, which would serves as a step towards reducing our carbon footprint.

Read more: http://www.c2es.org/publications/leveraging-natural-gas-reduce-greenhouse-gas-emissions#iv_power_sector

5. Modernise the electric grid.

We should incentivise the propagation of "smart grid" projects which include digital meters, wireless transmission of information, fault detection and self-correction, load balancing, and responsiveness to demand.

We should build the Tres Amigas Superstation, which would connect the three major electrical grids in the US for the first time.

Overall such improvements would increase reliability, lower costs, and allow for greater use of weather variable renewable energy sources.

I envision the shift in the mix of electricity generation sources to look something like this:

Year
Coal
Natural Gas
Nuclear
Hydroelectricity
Non-Hydro Renewable
Oil

39%
29%
20%
7%
5%
1%
5%
30%
40%
15%
10%
0%

In conclusion, this program would lower costs, lower emissions, increase reliability, and in general improve our electric supply.

Comparison of costs

Nuclear: $2-3.5 billion per GW
Wind: $6-7 billion per GW
Solar: $20-25 billion per GW
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

Why are you treating the cost of solar power and wind power like constants? Do you not think the costs will change over time? Also, what source are you using?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »

I also have an energy plan which creates incentives for renewables. I personally couldn't support a plan which sidelines solar and wind.

I am finalising some details with people and hopefully get it out in a day or two.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:04 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2019, 01:03:29 AM by Simfan34 »

Menu
Inauguration Dinner of Governor Simfan
Tuesday, 20th August 2014
The Capitol, San Francisco

Soupe aux pois verts iraniennes
Stag's Leap Chardonnay
Papillotes de saumon à la lime en cèdre libanaise
Lit d'asperges
Ridge "Monte Bello" Cabernet Sauvignon
Boeuf braisé à l'orange ukrainienne
Riz pilaf
Épinards crémeux
Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs
Posset du rhubarbe atlasienne avec meringues au jasmin tunisienne
Fromages assortis
Demitasses et digestifs
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2014, 12:48:49 AM »

Chardonnay? Really?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2014, 01:16:19 AM »

With salmon? I don't know! Huh
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »

Inaugural Address of Governor Simfan

Fellow Pacificans! I thank you for placing your trust in me to lead.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »

Am I allowed to join? After all, I have nothing else to do.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »

Since you're Governor of the Pacific? Maybe a pinot gris from Napa?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »

Am I allowed to join? After all, I have nothing else to do.

Of course, Mr. President. There'll be a great deal of scotch, so be ready!

I'm not sure, Mr. President. I am not familiar with pinots, and I only have this on hold:

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:41 PM »

I'll have what she's having.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2014, 08:53:54 AM »

I've urged the elected councilors to sign in, as there is already quite a bit of business I'd like to get to...
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »

Governor, The Pacific Judicial reform act has passed the council, and is ready for your signature or veto.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies