Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:30:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62553 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2015, 04:49:45 PM »

Perhaps the "disturbing, but only to a moderate degree of depth" quote needs some going over... what are these farmers up to? This too needs looking into.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2015, 04:51:06 PM »

With the elections concluded, I hereby appoint Spamage to the Legislative Council to fill the vacancy until the end of the Fourteenth Council, which is 21 February.

But that would've made so much sense to appoint him before the elections, the Council could've gotten much more done.

See, as I said before (did I? I might have actually mentioned this in PM instead), I did not want to prejudice the result of the election by giving a candidate the advantage of incumbency. Now, with this great kerfuffle about the results it might be a moot point, but I suppose that doesn't affect things at this juncture.

There's no real power of incumbency for someone who's been appointed for a week or two, it would've made the Council move forward on some bills that unfortunately won't be reached until the next session.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »

It would have also helped had we not had a member vanish midway through the session... but now I'm just engaging in undirected snarkiness.

There are four days left in the session, however; more enough time to vote on the bills on the floor at present.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »

It would have also helped had we not had a member vanish midway through the session... but now I'm just engaging in undirected snarkiness.

There are four days left in the session, however; more enough time to vote on the bills on the floor at present.

We can't vote until we're sure if he current council is legitimate. If you found Intell was the winner you would have appointed him, yes?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

We can't vote until we're sure if he current council is legitimate. If you found Intell was the winner you would have appointed him, yes?

Yes, but that's not derived from some legal requirement (unless there something you know that I don't). Regardless of the outcome of the election, whose results can no longer be affected by my appointment as they are over anyway, my appointment stands, and Council has been called back into session.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #380 on: February 22, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »

I enourage Pacificans to join me in voting Bore/BK and Cranberry!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2015, 03:41:45 PM »

The governor met today with representatives of the United Farm Workers to discuss their recent strike action. He briefly spoke to members to the press following his meeting on his thoughts:

I believe that this strike is a response to something that is now past us. I conveyed this to the representatives at the meeting- I do believe that with the concerns of the election now resolved the reason given for the strike is no longer extant, so I remain convinced that there is little more to be done.

Unemployment has been slashed by somewhere around 35% since I took office, I believe- the statistics have become difficult to find due to recent events. Jobs are being created. Progress is being made. I simply don't see why this is necessary- and that is exactly what I them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2015, 09:39:59 PM »

You all have now will have heard of the series of attacks perpetrated by a terrorist group- or groups- across our country, seeking to undermine the constitutional order of the Republic. We have been informed that one such group is the so-called "Patriotic Militia of Atlasia", which has carried out most, if not all, of the recent atrocities we have seen. I have also been informed that an attack was attempted by this group in our very region, here in San Francisco; this attack was however foiled yesterday by our local security forces, working in conjunction with federal agents. Thanks to their valiant efforts, countless lives have been saved from being yet more victims to the forces of disorder and terror. I intend to honour them personally as soon as a ceremony can be arranged.

Despite the heroic acts of these individuals, it is abundantly clear that these groups, who persist outside the laws and authority of both the Pacific and those of the Republic as a whole, pose a grave threat to the preservation of order within our region and the continuation and consolidation of the Pacific Recovery. I have been informed that the self-styled "PMA" has been operating from within the Pacific Region, in particular the state of Idaho, whence it coordinates its operations and launches its attacks. We understand that the PMA has been operating in Montana, in the Midwestern Region, as well. We are, in other words, facing an organised militant group that presently operates across regional borders.

We should not let ourselves underestimate what a clandestine group of malefactors seeking to subvert the authorities upholding order, even if small in number, can be capable of- for we in the Pacific have experienced this first-hand before. The Pacific Emergency may be a distant time for some Pacificans who did not personally experience it or see it unfold, but it was not too long ago where the very existence of the Pacific itself was put into question, having been savagely attacked from within by a clique of individuals—most of whom have, to this day, not been brought to justice for their iniquities—who sought to destroy order for its own sake, and nearly succeeded, in part, as a result of the complicity of certain political circles. It took monumental efforts by leaders like Oakvale, BaconKing, Tyrion, and Duke to restore a basic sense of order to the region, and we are still today working to recover in full from the exenterating effects of this plot and eradicate the forces of inactivity and apathy that were at once both causatory and consequent to the Pacific Emergency.

We therefore know what can happen when such forces are allowed to act with virtual impunity, when we have not immediately identified, isolated, and extirpated entirely such organisations and their ability to subvert the forces of order and progress. With the chaos and agony of the Pacific Emergency vividly impressed on all the minds of those who saw the suffering it brought, the uncertainty for the future it created, those who abetted the plot excepted, the prevention of a similar tragedy, and indeed even the mere possibility of another such tragedy, is perhaps the foremost responsibility of the Government of the Pacific Region and its public officials.  For this reason, it is imperative that we swiftly take comprehensive measures against any group or groups that seek to disturb regional peace and order or subvert the legitimate and representative institutions of the Pacific Region—the PMA, it should be apparent, is such a group.

With that in mind, the Pacific Government will immediately take measures to prevent further terror attacks, disrupt the operations of the PMA, and to identify and apprehend its members and those of similar organisations. To this end, I shall authorise those of such measures I am empowered to by Pacific Statute and the Constitutions of the Pacific and the Republic as Governor of the Pacific. Furthermore, I intend to introduce long-overdue legislation in the Legislative Council pertaining to the reform of police and other security forces in the region and the formal status of the Pacific National Guard and the Pacific Defence Force, a subject which at this time has assumed the utmost urgency

It would be dishonest to claim that this group does not present a grave threat to the peace, prosperity, and general rise in fortunes our region has enjoyed as of late. It cannot be forgotten how fragile these gains would be when confronted with intense and coordinated efforts to undermine that of order, without which none of our accomplishments could be possible  We intend to thoroughly combat the PMA and its sympathisers so that we may extirpate them and their threat completely, but come what may, it should be remembered that the preservation of order and of our success shall be wholly dependent on the cooperation and support of The People of the Pacific Region, and it is incumbent upon all of us to take all actions necessary for its defence. If we do that- if we stand united together for the Pacific- I do not for a second doubt that we shall beat back this latest enemy and that we shall beat them entirely.

Thank you, and the full text of the Executive Order authorising the aforementioned measures will shortly follow.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: February 26, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »

Executive Order 02-14

The activities of the "Patriotic Militia of America" (PMA) are to be regarded as having been enabled by the Pacific Emergency; for this reason existing measures pertaining to the aftermath of the Pacific Emergency shall apply to all aspects of said group and other things as may relate to them, including but not limited to application of the provisions of the ongoing State of Emergency.

All minor roads on the border of the states of Idaho, in the Pacific Region, and Montana, in the Midwestern Region, are to be closed to non-emergency traffic; this shall be enforced by local law enforcement agencies and volunteers with support from the Pacific National Guard where necessary. Mandatory vehicle checkpoints shall be maintained on a number of cross-border state roads, state highways, interstate highways, and other major roads, manned by the Pacific National Guard. All other roads not subject to checkpoints shall be closed.

The Pacific National Guard shall establish a Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command (SAOC) to oversee all extra-ordinary activities in the State of Idaho or any other part of the Pacific Region concerning the countering of recent terrorist activity. The SOAC shall be subject to oversight by the Office of the Recovery.

All public parks within the State of Idaho are to be closed with immediate effect, and all patrons are to leave within 72 hours. Where this would not be not feasible, all means necessary are be used to safely evacuate patrons. Following this period, all unauthorised individuals found in public parks, or any other public lands, shall be detained on the grounds of trespassing and are, at the minimum, to be questioned on their activities.

Other checkpoints are authorised to be set up by the Pacific National Guard or local law enforcement agencies, as needed, throughout the state of Idaho or on other key regional routes.

All owners of forest-use land in the State of Idaho, including that held in conjunction with other types of land, amounting to 10 acres or more are to report any extended period of absence (here meaning more than 24 hours) from said land to their relevant local law enforcement agency, which shall notify the relevant local SAOC sub-command.

All regional government offices, high-traffic transportation facilities, landmarks, and other places of large amounts of members of the public or the government in the Pacific Region shall be subject to the heightened presence of security officials, including law enforcement and the Pacific National Guard where necessary. The owners of high-profile or high-traffic facilities are encouraged and empowered to take extraordinary measures for public order and safety.

All passengers arriving on flights to the State of Idaho are to be required to undergo security screening upon their arrival in the state. Those arriving elsewhere for whom authorities believe (or who have stated) to be travelling Idaho may be screened upon arrival as necessary.

The PMA and all members thereof are to be added to the roster of Scheduled Fronts maintained by the Office of the Recovery.

These measures shall be valid until rescinded upon the termination of significant terrorist activity in the Pacific Region. Further measures shall be authorised as necessary by subsequent Executive Orders and legislation.

x Governor Simfan
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2015, 01:04:41 AM »

These are most prudent measures, Governor! I am content these terrorists that operate in our beautiful region will soon be dealt with!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »

I have been elated by the news that our efforts are paying off.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »

Wonderful work as always, Governor. My old home (always in my heart Purple heart) is fortunate to have you as a figure of stability and good governance in these difficult times.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »

The Transcendental Democratic Party applauds the tough stand Governor Simfan has taken against political hooliganism.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2015, 06:34:58 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Great work you've done so far, Simfan. I do suggest you begin a region-wide manhunt to find and bring to justice Wayne Derrick.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #389 on: March 01, 2015, 02:51:58 AM »

Great work, Mr. Governor!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: March 01, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »

Great work you've done so far, Simfan. I do suggest you begin a region-wide manhunt to find and bring to justice Wayne Derrick.

This is not a bad idea...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2015, 03:28:17 PM »

Harold Angryperson, Izvestia. Governor, how would you comment on the epic fail of your SOAC and the undeniable fact you are a big FIASCO youself?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »

We've received a copy of the letter sent by the PMA to Governor Simfan of Pacific:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I do not negotiate with terrorists.

Harold Angryperson, Izvestia. Governor, how would you comment on the epic fail of your SOAC and the undeniable fact you are a big FIASCO youself?

Mr. Angryperson,

I am sorry to hear that you are regurgitating the terrorists' callous rhetoric regarding this latest tragedy, which is what it was, not an "epic fail" as they put it.

The operation was undertaken, the Special Antiterrorism Operations Command and the staff of the Pacific National Guard assure me, completely under the prescribed protocols and taking appropriate precautions. Unfortunately, it appears that the gallant members of our National Guard and police who carried out this operation fell victim to a well-planned trap of the PMA, and took significant casualties. I have sent my condolences to the families of the deceased servicemen, and the SAOC has launched a full investigation into the operation to identify lessons for future plans.

I have been consulting with legal advisors on a new Police Act that I plan to introduce in the coming days that will hopefully increase their effectiveness in our fight against the PMA's terrorist campaign, and after that we are looking into legislation, as I said some days ago, pertaining to the Pacific National Guard and the Pacific Defence Force.

Speaking of the Pacific Defence Force, what this latest atrocity does accomplish is increase the chances that we mobilse and call the PDF into service, which is something that had very much been on the table, in either case, senior officers of the PDF are already participating in the SAOC and planning for the PDF's role in our anti-terrorist campaign if it is necessary. Futhermore, we are considering special legislation to give the SAOC an organisation in statute.

We must give this fight our all, and one setback, even if tragic, must not and shall not break our resolve.

As an aside I am aware of the vacancy in the Legislative Council and intend to make an appointment shortly.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2015, 04:16:34 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 06:44:42 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

BREAKING: Derrick Captured

Just minutes after the PMA finalized their threat of executing four hostages, we've received confirmation that their fugitive leader, Wayne Derrick, was arrested somewhere in North Idaho.

Derrick was stopped by a highway patrol for speeding and was quickly recognized. He surrendered instantly, although a fellow militiaman accompanying him attempted to pull a gun at the officer and was shot to death. 

What a moron, we say.

This fantastic news marks a major victory, delivered by members of our law enforcement authorities, in our fight for order and against the PMA's terrorism, but I caution all fellow Pacificans to make no mistake- this in no way means that this fight is over. We shall win, but we have not yet won, and we must all remain vigilant in our efforts. Indeed, this success considerably raises the chance of reprisals by the PMA against the Pacific, and in their desperation and wrath may not just be against the forces fighting against their terrorism but members of the civilian public- hence the need for heightened security and general vigilance.

I also intend to meet with the members of the highway patrol who captured Mr Derrick and acknowledge their exemplary service in an appropriate manner as soon as possible. Hopefully their names will be provided by the GM.

Executive Order 03-15

In light of the successful arrest of Wayne Derrick and the potential for reprisals by the People's Militia of Atlasia (PMA) against both active anti-terrorism forces and the general public, The Special Anti-Terrorism Operations Command (SAOC) and all other relevant law enforcement agencies are authorised and advised to increase the number and comprehensiveness, of the public security measures for which they already possess requisite permission, including increasing force strengths as is necessary for such measures.

Furthermore, those members the local highway patrol who arrested Mr Derrick are to be acknowledged for their exemplary service in an appropriate manner.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2015, 07:24:06 AM »

It would be pretty nice if we could get an appointment soon.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »

It would be pretty nice if we could get an appointment soon.

It would. People are being contacted.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2015, 06:29:48 PM »

I hereby appoint Potus2036 to fill the vacancy in the Legislative Council.

x Simfan34
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »

I hereby sign the The Early Newborn Support Act and the Open Elections Act.

x Simfan34
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »

x Simfan34

Ah it looks as if I forgot to send it to your desk; I'm sorry for making you walk all the way to the Council building.

Great pieces of legislation Simfan!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2015, 03:58:30 PM »

x Simfan34

Ah it looks as if I forgot to send it to your desk; I'm sorry for making you walk all the way to the Council building.

Great pieces of legislation Simfan!

Oh, I never mind going to the Capitol building, although the stairs are a bit of a hike...

(Actually, I think my offices are supposed to be in here, too)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies