Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:50:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62861 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: September 20, 2015, 07:45:30 PM »

Please veto this reactionary filth, Governor.
Yes, this amendment goes way too far. I urge the people of the Pacific to reject this attempt to impose legislated morality on their Region.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:51:23 PM »

To respond to Turkblasiu comments, it's pretty clear that he doesn't like me and I don't like him either, I don't think many people do, tbh. But it does need better grammar updates and it will be worked out accordingly. Mr. Governor I urge you to sign this bill when it gets sent to your desk, sorry but my sender got lost in the hallways. This current laws like the motto and the Sodom and Gommarrah Act are an insult to people of Christian faith. Oh and if he vetoes it we will probably override it.

What about people who aren't Christians? What about Christians who don't feel that their beliefs should be imposed on people of different faiths?

I'm hardly a fan of Turkisblau's recent actions, but this bill is a clear violation of the Constitution and the separation of church and state. Inserting a controversial political opinion into a Region's pledge of allegiance alienates and diminishes citizens who do not share that opinion. If, for example, the Mideast were to add "with liberty, justice, and a $25.00 minimum wage for all" to the pledge of allegiance, I'm sure you and other conservatives would protest it, and rightly so. The bottom line here is that our national symbols should serve to unite us, not to elevate one political position above the others, and as such this bill is unconstitutional and, frankly, un-Atlasian.

I urge Governor Simfan to veto this bill.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Ok I will present it and if the bill is vetoed I will bring an override vote and then if that fails I will reintroduce it to take out to pledge and it is not implying one specific god it just says God. The Sodom and Gommarrah Act is an insult to both Judaism and Christianity also if there was something that offended Muslims it would try to get it removed. We are just trying to get a godly and moral society here and reverse some if this nonsense also you don't need to take the pledge it's just on a offical record.

I don't mind having a pledge that says "under God" - as you said, it doesn't refer to any one god in particular and thus could apply to Allah, G-d, or whatever god you believe in. I was objecting to this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I understand that you believe that life begins at conception, but this is neither an established fact not a universal value held by all Atlasians. I don't begrudge you the right to believe this, but people should be able to say the Pledge of Allegiance and express pride in their Region without having to endorse a political position that they may or may not agree with. The fact that you don't have to take the pledge is beside the point: you also don't have to vote, fly the flag, or celebrate Independence Day, but these are traditional expressions of patriotism and national pride that should not be used to impose your political beliefs on the rest of the nation.

As for your "godly and moral society": if you want to pursue this as a private citizen, that's fine, but attempting to impose your version of morality on the people by legislation is unconstitutional. The fact that the Christian right has a majority in the Pacific Council as of this moment does not give you the right to tell other people how to live their lives. Freedom of Religion goes both ways: just as government cannot force you to have abortions or marry people of the same gender, so it cannot be used to prevent others from from following the dictates of their conscience when they differ from your own. 
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »

Oh great, another coup in the Pacific. I assume this is because Griffin won the election and will now presumably use his office to enslave all non-Labor voters?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 11:40:16 PM »

Roll Eyes

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 12:21:47 AM »

the Adam Griffin-led and SAOC-executed coup against me
Even Simfan's imaginary friends are Labor supporters! Glorious news for the Natural Party of GovernmentTM!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies