Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:41:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Fmr. Governor Simfan34  (Read 62903 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 04, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »

I would like to announce that I shall be running for another term as Northeast Assemblyman. Serving has been an honor,  I am not retiring, mind you.

Endorsed, despite the Whiggishness.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

We have seen this elsewhere, with disastrous results. In Spain, where they had similar laws  (there, they got 45 days of pay per year only in the case of “unfair dismissal”, under TNF’s proposal, they would get 2 months no matter what), businesses have floundered due to their inability to pay severance to laid off workers, and hiring was anaemic, resulting in youth unemployment of over 50% and total employment over 25%.

Wow, Mr. Simfan. Logical fallacies right out of the gate - you can do better than that!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 04:45:33 PM »

My dear friend, where have I gone wayward?

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc (or is it post hoc ergo propter hoc? I can never tell the two apart), my friend.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 06:15:42 PM »

Your points ring true, and I do think the law could and would be exploited by lazy workers (mainly the multiple layoffs not affecting severance pay bit). I like clause 2 though, however I think the $25,000 figure should be reduced for smaller businesses or perhaps turned into a percentage fine so as to affect all businesses equally.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:42:22 PM »

If you've already stated this I'm sorry to bother you again, but what's your position on group marriage and why?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »

Being hated by both sides doesn't mean you're doing your job well.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:05:34 PM »

Keep Your Eyes On the Road

Simfan with a relative at his birthday party tonight.

Soundtrack: Reggie Rockstone, Keep Your Eyes on the Road

My fellow Atlasians,

I must say I have seen the rather negative turn this campaign has taken with dismay. I had hoped to have this be, as I did before, an ideas-based campaign, promoting our People-oriented policy. And frankly, we've been taken off course, through the blatant distortions and half-truths employed by our rivals and their "supporters". Now, I have great respect for most of my rivals, particularly Messrs Poriot and Jones, with whom I have a long relationship of pragmatic cooperation and collaboration dating back to my times in the Northeast Assembly. We focused on The People, and we delivered results.

And that is what I suggest to us all- my friends and my foes- that we stop focusing on attacking each other and focus back on those who we aim to serve and aid- The People of this great nation. They are the focus, they are those to whom we are all beholden. Do not be misled by those who seek to advance only a part, a special interest, but let us all come together, and talk about our own People-oriented policies. 

I am saddened by what has happened, but I hope that my supporters and my rivals- all of them- will join me in pledging  to keep our eyes on the road, to all abstain from baseless attacks and slanders, and to spend these last days of the election in talking about how we will serve the People.

Now, excuse me, I must go- I think they're lighting the cake.

Simfan

I'm proud to have given you my second preference, Mr. Simfan.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »

What, pray tell, is ahn "office of profit", and is it constitutional to ban people from holding them?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies