Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 01:48:42 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, Torie, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Pot-convicted farmer who ran over police cars in Vermont
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
Freedom Fighter   -14 (56%)
Horrible Person   -11 (44%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Pot-convicted farmer who ran over police cars in Vermont  (Read 411 times)
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:58 pm »
Ignore

He accomplished this wondrous feat with some sort of farm equipment.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:50:01 pm »
Ignore

He is a dash of each mixed in with the stuff of folk legend.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:20:25 pm »
Ignore

Working in a stout former bank building with windows closed and air conditioners humming, Orleans County sheriff's deputies didn't know what was happening in their parking lot until a neighbor called 911.
More proof that ac is self-mutilation. -_-

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 03:34:07 pm »
Ignore

Working in a stout former bank building with windows closed and air conditioners humming, Orleans County sheriff's deputies didn't know what was happening in their parking lot until a neighbor called 911.
More proof that ac is self-mutilation. -_-

What the heck?  Have you never left the black forest?  About 80% of the USA is uninhabitable much of the year without air conditioning.  Same goes for Thailand.

Who wants to hear some farmer running over cars anyway?

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 04:56:59 am »
Ignore

The US, of course, was never meant to be inhabited by whitey.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:22:05 am »
Ignore

The US, of course, was never meant to be inhabited by whitey.

Reasonable point, but lets not forget, nobody likes to perspire.  Here in Thailand people try to stay in air-conditioning whenever possible, though in general they feel the heat less severely than most whites.  (on the other hand they are getting much fatter than they used to be, so that could be a factor).

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 06:41:32 am »
Ignore

That is the reason.

Personally, I tend to break out into a cold sweat whenever I enter a crassly climate-controlled room, so my dislike of ac is just further proof that noone likes to perspire.

Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 11:59:57 am »
Ignore

You should go to Rajasthan in the middle of June, Lewis. Then you should re-evaluate your opinion of air conditioning.
IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »
Ignore

The guy is an idiot. The police are not the ones who are responsible for making and keeping pot illegal. If he wanted to make a point, he should have run over some cars belonging to politicians.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »
Ignore

FF
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 02:23:58 pm »
Ignore

Did he hurt anybody? No? Did he do something kind of funny? Yes? Then he's a FF, though destroying police property when you're mad at the Feds is kind of a jerk move.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 0.35

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »
Ignore

The guy is an idiot. The police are not the ones who are responsible for making and keeping pot illegal. If he wanted to make a point, he should have run over some cars belonging to politicians.

This.

Being a Libertarian is like having a fever, either you sweat it out or you die from it.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »
Ignore

That is the reason.

Personally, I tend to break out into a cold sweat whenever I enter a crassly climate-controlled room, so my dislike of ac is just further proof that noone likes to perspire.

That's so odd.  Most rooms here are kept at 24-26 C (76-79 F), and outside it is usually in the low 30s (lower eighties to lower nineties in Fahrenheit) during the heat of the day.. so.. I don't see how there could be any downside.

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:28 am »
Ignore

I'm not sure why people are voting FF. He ran over police cars. That's illegal and not very nice.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:57 pm »
Ignore

You should go to Rajasthan in the middle of June, Lewis. Then you should re-evaluate your opinion of air conditioning.
I've only been there in late april so far, but it was well into the 40s C already. Delightful.

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »
Ignore

I'm not sure why people are voting FF. He ran over police cars. That's illegal and not very nice.

This.

Without regard to his original arrest, he should be locked up for this destruction of property, which is not only criminal but stupid. Policemen don't make laws, they simply do what they're supposed to do, which is enforce them. If he wanted to make a point, he ought to have run over some politician's car instead (although I wouldn't favor that, either).

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
stegosaurus
YaBB God
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 04:29:24 pm »
Ignore

This is the most beautiful thing I've heard in sometime.

FF.

liberty or death.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout