Political Primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:49:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Political Primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Primaries  (Read 5137 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« on: March 29, 2004, 09:43:38 PM »

I agree this year's primary process was highly unsatifying, but under your system, what is to stop the second through sixth regions from just blindly following the lead of the first, similar to what happened this year.

I think it is good that a couple small states have the first primaries, so that candidates who are not well known have a chance to build some momentum without immediately having to spend millions on ads in the country's biggest media markets.  I would suggest three changes:

1.) The early small states should rotate who gets to go first, and sometimes include states with SOME minority population, like NM or DE.

2.) The whole process should be more spread out.  Put the second Primary two weeks after the first, and put Super Tuesday at the end of March rather than the beginning.  

3.) There should be some provision forcing totally unviable candidates to drop out at some point, or at least get them out of the debates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies