Question for Ohio residents about racial divide... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Question for Ohio residents about racial divide... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Ohio residents about racial divide...  (Read 3452 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 04, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »

In CA, low income black neighborhoods are almost all gone. So I don't think the issue comes up much. Instead, what I see among 20 somethings, is an amazing number of interracial couples. Life is beautiful. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

Once a neighborhood goes black/majority black it goes down hill. There is no exception.  That's why there is angst.   Most of the USA lives in places where they've never been exposed to large black populations, so it's easy for a lot of people, like from Kentucky for example, to say "oh these people.. so racist"...  Nope, facts aren't racist

It's unfortunate that this is the case, but when 77% of black babies are born into broken homes, the result is social decay

How  right you are. Below is a neighborhood the blacks "took over" about 30 years ago, and you can see what a festering hell hole it has become. The whites that remain are obviously masochists, or married to a black or something.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 03:59:07 PM by Torie »

In CA, low income black neighborhoods are almost all gone.

Gone? What happened to them?  They're all relocated to prison-camps?

In large numbers, they moved to places where Hispanics are thinner on the ground is your answer. That precinct I posted above is one of the most black in the state at this point, representative of about 5 or 6 precincts in the area. The one I put up is Ladera Heights. Adjacent Baldwin Hills is similar. A secondary factor is that there has been a black dispersion as the racism quotient in CA has declined, and blacks feel more comfortable living in places where they are a relatively small minority, even if relatively poor. The Antelope Valley has many such places.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »

Well alright, but I find it a bit dubious that people as poor as that can afford to move.  Maybe the poorer half or three-quarters of them became homeless and/or went to the prison.

You ever hear of the "Chicken Bone Express" from the Mississippi delta to Chicago?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies