Question for Ohio residents about racial divide... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:37:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Question for Ohio residents about racial divide... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Ohio residents about racial divide...  (Read 3455 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: August 04, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »

Is the crime rate amongst whites increasing in the rust belt?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 09:20:00 AM by Senator Sbane »

Is the crime rate amongst whites increasing in the rust belt?

I don't know where I can find race-specific data on all crimes, but rates of violent crime, at least, are falling fast enough that they're probably declining among all groups.

Consider homicide rates, for instance:

Some Rust Belt cities might buck this trend, but in this case, it's perceptions of urban crime among certain groups, rather than actual rates, that matter.

I know about the decline in crime rate and I was sure it applied to the rust belt as well. I just found your statement interesting that the older, white working class people were worried about their kids getting involved with crime. As if that is an increasing problem. But yeah, it's probably just ignorance.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »

For the guy who said that black neighborhoods are always bad-

Come on down to Atlanta and you'll feel pretty dumb in about 5 minutes. I can't even name all the neighborhoods in the metro that are majority black and also really nice. Yeah, we have some bad black neighborhoods too, but enough upscale ones for someone like you to really take notice.

I have been to such suburbs and they really are very nice. But I have to wonder, if crime is low (which might not actually be low I suppose) then why don't white people live there?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies