British ships banned from docking in Buenos Aires (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:55:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  British ships banned from docking in Buenos Aires (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: British ships banned from docking in Buenos Aires  (Read 2161 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: August 06, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
« edited: August 06, 2012, 04:32:26 PM by Leftbehind »

It's a beautiful comparison: Huffington Post and Iran's Press TV. It says all.

I cry about Telegraph because the British conservative papers from The Sun to The Telegraph, including The Daily Mail (and I'm missing someone) are well known for being populist vehicles of the worst British jingoism.

I don't like Cristina Fernández at all. Even her critics in Argentina say that the Malvinas issue is a distraction, but you are missing the point if you think that the records of the last Argentinian cabinets are an absolute s***. Argentina is far better now than it was 10 years ago, despite its politicians. What can you say about the horrible economic records of the British Conservative-Liberal government? Maybe the Telegraph wants to keep the focus on the futile measures and statements of the Argentinian President because the issues are going too bad at home? Jesus Christ.

It's not as if the beleaguered first term of Thatcher's didn't benefit enormously (and was pretty much saved) by the Falklands (see here, for instance), so as you rightly say - jingoism and electoral self-interest swing both ways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies