British ships banned from docking in Buenos Aires (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:14:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  British ships banned from docking in Buenos Aires (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: British ships banned from docking in Buenos Aires  (Read 2169 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
« edited: August 06, 2012, 10:47:02 AM by Dereich »

The Argentine government is just trying to use nationalism to distract the populace from the 25% inflation rate and faltering ability to continue funding public services, in addition to the oil issues.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »

It's a beautiful comparison: Huffington Post and Iran's Press TV. It says all.

I cry about Telegraph because the British conservative papers from The Sun to The Telegraph, including The Daily Mail (and I'm missing someone) are well known for being populist vehicles of the worst British jingoism.

I don't like Cristina Fernández at all. Even her critics in Argentina say that the Malvinas issue is a distraction, but you are missing the point if you think that the records of the last Argentinian cabinets are an absolute s***. Argentina is far better now than it was 10 years ago, despite its politicians. What can you say about the horrible economic records of the British Conservative-Liberal government? Maybe the Telegraph wants to keep the focus on the futile measures and statements of the Argentinian President because the issues are going too bad at home? Jesus Christ.
This may be outdated, but the UK is overpreforming in its region as far as I can find here: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2089264/UK-growth-outstrip-continental-rivals-euro-crisis-comes-head-2012-IMF-say.html

Argentina seems like it is also barely oustriping its neighbors here: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/01/pdf/text.pdf and thats with offical numbers that we know for a fact are doctored. Yeah, its previous governments were pretty godawful, but that doesn't justify the actions of the current one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies