Zambian miners rise up, kill Chinese mine owner (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:34:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Zambian miners rise up, kill Chinese mine owner (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zambian miners rise up, kill Chinese mine owner  (Read 2823 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: August 05, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »

Manager, not owner. I'm sure the owners of the mine are still sitting pretty in China.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 07:22:29 PM »

Obviously it's wrong to murder a human being, though it's hard to not sympathize with the miners.

I succeeded. Obviously a minimum wage is a key part of the sort of thing governments should do, and it should be enforced, but the very idea of strikers killing businessmen leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Thankfully in the country where I live this sort of thing doesn't happen.

You really are completely and across the board in favor of established interests and power, aren't you?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »

Obviously it's wrong to murder a human being, though it's hard to not sympathize with the miners.

I succeeded. Obviously a minimum wage is a key part of the sort of thing governments should do, and it should be enforced, but the very idea of strikers killing businessmen leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Thankfully in the country where I live this sort of thing doesn't happen.

You really are completely and across the board in favor of established interests and power, aren't you?

Being opposed to the murder in cold blood of businessmen isn't to do with being in favour of established interests and power.

I'm opposed to it because it's people killing people. Vosem seems to care an inordinate amount about the positions of the people in question.

So in essence I agree with Redalgo.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »

Being opposed to the murder in cold blood of businessmen isn't to do with being in favour of established interests and power.

I'm opposed to it because it's people killing people. Vosem seems to care an inordinate amount about the positions of the people in question.

Who an angry mob kills is very significant when it comes to understanding the situation and what happens next, Nathan.

I know that, but I still think that the fact that an angry mob is killing people at all should be the main focal point for any emotional reaction, Vosem.

Although to be quite frank, in the political context of Zambia it's hard to feel as revolted as I intellectually and morally know I should be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies