Zambian miners rise up, kill Chinese mine owner (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:06:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Zambian miners rise up, kill Chinese mine owner (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zambian miners rise up, kill Chinese mine owner  (Read 2793 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: August 07, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12973534

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Same mine.

ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »

Obviously it's wrong to murder a human being, though it's hard to not sympathize with the miners.

I succeeded. Obviously a minimum wage is a key part of the sort of thing governments should do, and it should be enforced, but the very idea of strikers killing businessmen leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Thankfully in the country where I live this sort of thing doesn't happen.

You really are completely and across the board in favor of established interests and power, aren't you?

Being opposed to the murder in cold blood of businessmen isn't to do with being in favour of established interests and power.

I'm opposed to it because it's people killing people. Vosem seems to care an inordinate amount about the positions of the people in question.

Who an angry mob kills is very significant when it comes to understanding the situation and what happens next, Nathan.

We have a mine where the managers have a history of shooting their employees (and getting away with it), and we should somehow feel bad for the managers when their work force rise up in protest over the mine breaking the contract with the emploees and kill one of them semi-accidental (if they were serious the other manager hadn't survived). I don't care for mob rule, but the workers wasn't left with any alternatives here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies