RNC speakers announced 8/14 UPDATE: Christie to keynote; Rubio to introduce Mitt
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  RNC speakers announced 8/14 UPDATE: Christie to keynote; Rubio to introduce Mitt
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: RNC speakers announced 8/14 UPDATE: Christie to keynote; Rubio to introduce Mitt  (Read 5283 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »

Luis Fortuno's speech could be interesting - he could set himself up as a possible future nominee. There was actually some talk of him running this time.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2012, 10:33:42 AM »

I'll take your word on it for now, Bushie. All that I could remember about her was the incident involving her bodyguard during her days as Lt. Gov. It's a memorable event when a female politician is implicated in a sex scandal.

According to the Bible, she should be put to death for this.

Still a fan of biblical governance, Bushie?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »

I'll be honest, I've been in Oklahoma for the vast majority of the past year and a half and I've got to say......I haven't really heard anything from Governor Fallin besides showing up to disaster relief areas and something something State Legislature something something budget.

So either I live in a cave (considering the bats in my room, a possibility) or some people here are giving her too much credit.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 12:06:02 PM »

Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Luis Fortuno, Pam Bondi (Florida AG) and Sam Olens (Georgia AG)

ME GUSTA
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »

I'll take your word on it for now, Bushie. All that I could remember about her was the incident involving her bodyguard during her days as Lt. Gov. It's a memorable event when a female politician is implicated in a sex scandal.

Old Testament laws are null and void for most Christians.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »

Its unproven that she's an adultress.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »

And if it's proven, would you support the death penalty? After all, Leviticus 20:10 (KJV) does say, "And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

I agree that Ron Paul should endorse Romney if he is given a speaking slot. I have a hunch that will come as part of the deal to give him a slot. His politics represent the party from a bygone era. Ron Paul is less of a Libertarian and more of a Robert Taft Republican. And if I recall correctly, the Republican Party  was a lot more conservative then compared to today. We all want a more conservative party right? Wink Please watch this video, and then tell me if his foreign policy is wrong or right. It seems to change a lot of minds.

Again, assuming you watched the above video, you should be saying “oh, Sanchez, you were so right and I was so wrong” etc, etc. Unfortunately, you are probably like me and hold strong convictions which only change over time, if they do change. But why do you oppose bringing the troops home? Because, right now, with the post Iraq and current Afghan occupations, we are just inviting another 9/11. History repeats itself. 

Ahaha. The amount of times I've been shown that video is unreal. Tongue

Unfortunately I won't be saying "oh, Sanchez, you were so right and I was so wrong". I'm too stridently neo-conservative, and yes, I know they have gone slightly out of fashion lately. Darn pesky paleo-conservatives.

Why do I oppose bringing the troops home? Because doing so would be a symbol of weakness in the face of terrorists whose only goal in life is the destruction of our way of life. Withdrawing from Afghanistan now and leaving a weak government in charge would be an invitation for the Taliban to claim victory over the west and galvanize their cause. Many would be enthused over the seen 'defeat' of the US and its allies and join terroristic organizations. Most probably, the Afghani government would collapse, essentially making the gains over the last decade for nought. We're too far invested now to leave, we've got to stick with it and finish the job. Regardless of how long that will take.   

Anyhow not wanting to change the topic too much, yes, if Ron Paul gave a good endorsement of Romney, then I suppose in the interests of fairness, he should get a small speaking slot. Though, I still doubt it will happen.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »

I agree that Ron Paul should endorse Romney if he is given a speaking slot. I have a hunch that will come as part of the deal to give him a slot. His politics represent the party from a bygone era. Ron Paul is less of a Libertarian and more of a Robert Taft Republican. And if I recall correctly, the Republican Party  was a lot more conservative then compared to today. We all want a more conservative party right? Wink Please watch this video, and then tell me if his foreign policy is wrong or right. It seems to change a lot of minds.

Again, assuming you watched the above video, you should be saying “oh, Sanchez, you were so right and I was so wrong” etc, etc. Unfortunately, you are probably like me and hold strong convictions which only change over time, if they do change. But why do you oppose bringing the troops home? Because, right now, with the post Iraq and current Afghan occupations, we are just inviting another 9/11. History repeats itself. 

Unfortunately I won't be saying "oh, Sanchez, you were so right and I was so wrong". I'm too stridently neo-conservative, and yes, I know they have gone slightly out of fashion lately. Darn pesky paleo-conservatives.

Why do I oppose bringing the troops home? Because doing so would be a symbol of weakness in the face of terrorists whose only goal in life is the destruction of our way of life. Withdrawing from Afghanistan now and leaving a weak government in charge would be an invitation for the Taliban to claim victory over the west and galvanize their cause. Many would be enthused over the seen 'defeat' of the US and its allies and join terroristic organizations. Most probably, the Afghani government would collapse, essentially making the gains over the last decade for nought. We're too far invested now to leave, we've got to stick with it and finish the job. Regardless of how long that will take.   

Anyhow not wanting to change the topic too much, yes, if Ron Paul gave a good endorsement of Romney, then I suppose in the interests of fairness, he should get a small speaking slot. Though, I still doubt it will happen.
I suppose foreign policy debates belong somewhere else, so we will agree to disagree here Wink Don't worry, neoconservatism is not going out of style anytime soon...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »

Yeah, but it's proven that she's a dumbass.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »

And if it's proven, would you support the death penalty? After all, Leviticus 20:10 (KJV) does say, "And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

No. To make a comparison, would someone supporting the economics of John Maynard Keynes necessarily have to support eugenics as well, simply because he advanced both positions.

I agree that Ron Paul should endorse Romney if he is given a speaking slot. I have a hunch that will come as part of the deal to give him a slot. His politics represent the party from a bygone era. Ron Paul is less of a Libertarian and more of a Robert Taft Republican. And if I recall correctly, the Republican Party  was a lot more conservative then compared to today. We all want a more conservative party right? Wink Please watch this video, and then tell me if his foreign policy is wrong or right. It seems to change a lot of minds.

Just give Paul and Santorum speaking slots where they endorse Romney and attack Obama.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2012, 02:58:40 PM »

Is Sarah Palin banned from speaking or not invited? I haven't heard or seen any mention of her name.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »

Is Sarah Palin banned from speaking or not invited? I haven't heard or seen any mention of her name.

I don't think she'll be attending. Btw, Donald Trump said last night on Greta that he's planning something "very major" in terms of the convention.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »

Btw, Donald Trump said last night on Greta that he's planning something "very major" in terms of the convention.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »

In America, it's guilty until proven innocent.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:26 PM »

If you want to use that verse, then you have to go down 3 more verses to Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man also like with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:  they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."  You can't pick and choose what you believe in the Bible.  It's an all or nothing proposition.

Now, I'm not advocating death for homosexuals because I'm not as barbaric as the Old Testament Laws or the Muslims, and neither is Jesus.  Jesus sums it up nicely in John 8:7-9, KJV - (7) "So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, He who is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.  (Cool And again He stooped down, and wrote on the ground (9) And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »

I love how the Bible is full of stuff that's contradicting each other.

Certainly, a clear guide to govern.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2012, 07:54:37 AM »

Rick Scott? lol! Maybe they shouldn't have had the convention in Florida...

Las Vegas (which has plenty of entertainment venues and a messed-up economy) would be more appropriate this year.

The Republicans chose Minneapolis in 2008... and that helped them win neighboring Iowa and Wisconsin as well as the host state. Whoops! Hardly anyone claims that the DNC choice of Denver flipped Colorado.

Rick Scott is going to draw attention to himself for all the wrong reasons. He barely won in a wave election and he hasn't convinced people that his agenda of giving the public sector to crony capitalists is a good idea. 

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »

"This year is a good opportunity for others to speak..." - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/08/12/bonus_quote_of_the_day.html
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »

^^^ No kidding.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

Who can blame her for putting as positive a spin on things as possible.  Besides, if Romney/Ryan does go down in flames as the Democrats hope, it's to her advantage to not be there.  She's not as dumb as she sounds.  She just needs to work on sounding as smart as she is.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »

Have any Democrats been announced as speaking yet?  Politico seems to think Davis is the most likely turncoat.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2012, 12:06:42 AM »

Sorry if this is already somewhere else, but this seemed like the thread for it...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-deliver-gop-convention-keynote-045319800.html

Chris Christie will be giving the Keynote Address.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »

Eh, I would prefer Rubio for the keynote.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2012, 12:15:33 AM »

Sorry if this is already somewhere else, but this seemed like the thread for it...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-deliver-gop-convention-keynote-045319800.html

Chris Christie will be giving the Keynote Address.

Oh, dear.  He will excite the base and possibly reel in some independents, but he has the potential to overshadow both Ryan and Romney.  That's not something the Republicans need at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies