RNC speakers announced 8/14 UPDATE: Christie to keynote; Rubio to introduce Mitt (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  RNC speakers announced 8/14 UPDATE: Christie to keynote; Rubio to introduce Mitt (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RNC speakers announced 8/14 UPDATE: Christie to keynote; Rubio to introduce Mitt  (Read 5482 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 06, 2012, 01:30:13 AM »

I guess Romney is paying back Haley for her early support, even if she wasn't able to deliver South Carolina.  Perhaps Haley will seek DeMint's seat in 2016 since all indications are he will not be running again.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »

Perhaps Haley will seek DeMint's seat in 2016 since all indications are he will not be running again.

!!!!

'He' is DeMint.

Yup.  Jim has said he won't run and moreover he isn't actively fundraising for himself.  He might change his mind, but I think it is more likely than not that he will at the very least be taking a sabbatical from holding office.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »

Maybe she'll help build the speakers' podium.  After all don't some call her Nailin' Paylin? Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »

She endorsed him last August and got HELL for it from the base.

Her endorsement made sense tho.  Romney endorsed her fairly early in the gubernatorial race back in 2010 before her campaign had really taken off.  While he probably was seeking to pick up some conservative cred on the cheap without risking giving offense to the eventual winner by picking their main opponent over them.  Instead he got licky and ended up backing the eventual winner and she paid him back for the favor.

I'm not a fan of either Haley or Romney, but she handled the endorsement game in a classy manner.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

Who can blame her for putting as positive a spin on things as possible.  Besides, if Romney/Ryan does go down in flames as the Democrats hope, it's to her advantage to not be there.  She's not as dumb as she sounds.  She just needs to work on sounding as smart as she is.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »

There is still a possibility of Barbara Bush, I hope. She would be perfect for introducing Ryan if she is up to it.

No.  She'd make Ryan look young and inexperienced, despite all the time he has spent in the House.  Ryan needs an eminence grise without so much grise to introduce him.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »

There is still a possibility of Barbara Bush, I hope. She would be perfect for introducing Ryan if she is up to it.

No.  She'd make Ryan look young and inexperienced

How so? She was merely a political wife, albeit a popular one. Almost anybody will make Ryan look young. The important thing is to make him look safe to seniors. I bet no living political figure in the Republican Party is more popular among all seniors than Barbara Bush.

Barbara Bush wasn't merely First Lady, she was First Grandma.  As for making Ryan look safe to seniors, good luck with that, he'll need it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies